Man City V Chelsea (PL) Sun 10th Feb 16:00 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Do any of you think that this group of players ( with a few exceptions ) care ?

Who would you keep from this team if board decided to rebuild ?

I would keep Rudi, Azpi  Kepa and Kante. The rest can all be sold / contracts not renewed. Cash big on Hazard and use the money to rebuild.

4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

And in that season we had no European football and caught teams off with the 3-5-2 which failed miserably second season. So yes they won but both Jose and Conte said they lacked quality we chastised Jose and Conte me included but maybe they weren't wrong

There is a really big problem at Chelsea and for me sacking the manager will not help. We will be back at this same point with a new manager as well.

Just now, BadBlue said:

I would keep Rudi, Azpi  Kepa and Kante. The rest can all be sold / contracts not renewed. Cash big on Hazard and use the money to rebuild.

Won’t get much more than £100 million if we are lucky ck for Hazard and that money gave us Drinkwater, Barkley and Morata

Down to the manager or not most of this squad is not top 4 quality simple as that, serious investment and change is needed from top to bottom.
Well, Conte would have got the best from this squad still. If Sarri is to succeed with us, we need serious investment for his one way system to bring success. And am not sure the board can afford investing too much.

here's Sarri

not able to explain what happened - prepared well during the week - early goal big effect - we made a lot of mistakes, they played fantastic football - we wanted to press them at the beginning but the plan went out the window when they scored after 3 minutes - the big difference between the teams was City's intensity, we weren't able to do it - he doesn't think motivation was a problem - we were not able to stay in the match -  he thinks we have a big problem playing away, doesn't know what the problem is - doesn't expect any discussions with the club about his future

1 minute ago, wallosh said:
1 hour ago, dan_cfc said:
Down to the manager or not most of this squad is not top 4 quality simple as that, serious investment and change is needed from top to bottom.

Well, Conte would have got the best from this squad still. If Sarri is to succeed with us, we need serious investment for his one way system to bring success. And am not sure the board can afford investing too much.

But even Conte failed to get the best out of this squad in the last half of that season. They downed tools on Conte as well

1 minute ago, wallosh said:
1 hour ago, dan_cfc said:

who would you change 

for me, our defense needs change first they are clueless once the ball is near them

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Won’t get much more than £100 million if we are lucky ck for Hazard and that money gave us Drinkwater, Barkley and Morata

true, but we need to start somewhere. I would clear out a lot of our players on loan. I would sell all three players above, trying to recover the initial fees if possible.

Bring some of our youngsters in,  It is clear for all to see if we continue on this road, we are driving into mediocrity for years to come, we need drastic actions, patching up won't help

5 minutes ago, BadBlue said:

Is Azpi really good enough or he has been lucky to play under counter attacking managers who have all protected his flaws?

I get that mate. But sticking with this idiot would be a worse decision than sacking him. He has to be the worst we had under Roman 
I agree with you but you don't have to call him IDIOT.
Sarri is an average manager. He is actually doing his best for us, unfortunately his best ain't enough. But you need to know that he can't give what he doesn't have!

Sack Sarri tomorrow.

Doesn't matter that our squad is average because Sarri will continue to embarrass the team in away games no matter what, there is a reason why he couldn't do anything in Europe with Napoli he doesn't know how to play away games.

Doesn't matter that our players are weak and declining, doesn't matter that Hazard is in his thoughts in Madrid, Sarri keeps the tactic that doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Souness - everyone in Chelsea's midfield can be bullied by a physical challenge

Carragher - when Chelsea have been successful they've had a big powerful side, Sarri's made them weak  

It’s horrible when these lot make sense. Carragher also called them cowards and I agreed. 

7 minutes ago, carrickblue said:
Souness - everyone in Chelsea's midfield can be bullied by a physical challenge
Carragher - when Chelsea have been successful they've had a big powerful side, Sarri's made them weak  

How has Sarri made them weak that argument doesn't stand up because changing managers wont stop players from being bullied and we didn't get bullied at all today, those players in midfield can get their foot stuck in they just don't want to and when we do we are always as risk of a red card.

Edited by Brutos

Just now, ducavis said:

Is Azpi really good enough or he has been lucky to play under counter attacking managers who have all protected his flaws?

my personal opinion he is, football is a team game, and playing with 6 donkeys in the team tends to expose the better ones. I think Azpi is Chelsea quality, 6 of our today starters are not for Chelsea ( or not for Chelsea anymore ). Nor is the manager. Again this just my personal opinion

30 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Genuinely don’t think the board will see past those two results. 

I’m 25, if you want to highlight for me two equally horrendous results in the space of a week in the last 20 years (how long I’ve been old enough to know what’s going on) the. I’ll admit that I’m wrong. 

I’d rather see the playing squad overhauled but it won’t happen, the club won’t spend the money required to make us compete playing this type of football, what options does that leave us? Something has to give, eithe rthe players or the manager and we all know how that one ends.

I'm 57, and my mind goes back to that horrendous Easter in 1986 when we were - believe it or not - competing for the title and lost 0-4 at home to West Ham and 6-0 at QPR.

We were relegated two years later.

Just now, Brutos said:

How has Sarri made them weak that argument doesn't stand up because changing managers who stop players from being bullied and we didn't get bullied as all those players can get their foot stuck in they just don't want to

Not so sure Sarri has made us weak, but inside 10 minutes, gospel, I was thinking imagine if we had Ballack or Essien in there clattering a few of them.

Just now, Brutos said:

How has Sarri made them weak that argument doesn't stand up because changing managers who stop players from being bullied and we didn't get bullied as all those players can get their foot stuck in they just don't want to

He makes us weak by protecting our weak defenders with SUPER WEAK Jorginho. A coach with a brain will play kante to protect the defenders but sarri is too dogmatic

1 minute ago, Sing the Blues said:

We've been bleeding goals at the back and been impotent up front in attack. Today's defeat was humiliating  but if we can somehow pull out a cup win it would lessen the nightmares of the  horror show we've been subjected to. 

I love your optimism and I would also want us to win the cup. Reality is we will lose the cup as well at a considerable difference with this group of players and this manager.