coco

Man City V Chelsea (PL) Sun 10th Feb 16:00 UK

6 minutes ago, enigma said:

f**k all to do with him. We have absolutely dreadful players. Sarri getting the blame for no reason here. We have had a week's rest and our players should be hungry. 

It's a bit of both. Sarri has done absolutely nothing to change things up. I get it, he wants to play his way, but he hasn't adapted his tactics to this league a single bit. He's trying to get us to be his Napoli team, but it's impossible, this isn't Serie A, it's a different league. If you don't adapt, if you don't change things up a bit and keep teams guessing, then you get found out. The players though.......f**king hell, I agree with you there. They have talent, but they have zero fight in them. Their attitude is terrible and they don't look like they want to put in the dirty work. Half of our lot don't look like Premier League players, they are way too soft, physically and mentally.

1 minute ago, CFCholland said:
3 minutes ago, enigma said:
ANd who signed the f**king players? You can't work with utter tripe. There's at least 4 of these current palyers who are useless. Emerson was poor against Bournemouth, Willian is not much better than Pedro, we barely have a bench good enough. THere are no game changers. The board hasn't a clue, yet Sarri will get the blame for this. If we wanna challenge, we need better players. 

Sarri hasn't got a clue what he's doing either

Oh come on of course he has a clue. We simply don't have good enough players and they play too slow and laborious. We won't bring in anotehr manager and suddenly become world beaters, it won't happen, and believing so is naive. 

Unfortunately, we've become a club who sacks managers willy nilly. 

No one is scared to take the job, because they know if they get sacked, it won't harm their reputation too much, and they get a nice fat pay out. I have no doubt that Sarri will be gone by the end of the month. The culture of this club needs to change. The players are the bosses and they know it.

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

ANd who signed the f**king players? You can't work with utter tripe. There's at least 4 of these current palyers who are useless. Emerson was poor against Bournemouth, Willian is not much better than Pedro, we barely have a bench good enough. THere are no game changers. The board hasn't a clue, yet Sarri will get the blame for this. If we wanna challenge, we need better players. 

Out of curiousity who are the 4?

If you read this form. David Luiz is still a top CB, Rudiger is immense, Azpi is brilliant, Kante is one of the best CM’s in the world, Jorginho is an amazing orchestrator of Sarri ball, Hazard is the best in the world, Higuain was gonna save our season. So that leaves Pedro, Barkley & Alonso for debate with varying views.

i don’t agree with all of those views personally but that team should not have been 4-0 (should have 5) down in 25 minutes. The set up is completely wrong and we’re trying to go toe to toe with City at their own game at their own ground with players that aren’t capable of it.

That is on Sarri

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Most of these players have won a league title, something Sarri has never done.

But you keep telling yourself if’s the players who are sh*t.

Sarri shares at least some of the blame for our recent displays, but the 2016-17 win was in large part down to Conte catching the opposition out with a 3-man formation.

At any rate, one of the key architects of that win (Costa) has since departed.

Oh come on of course he has a clue. We simply don't have good enough players and they play too slow and laborious. We won't bring in anotehr manager and suddenly become world beaters, it won't happen, and believing so is naive. 
Don't think that's what I said? Clearly this group of players isn't good enough. But to exempt Sarri from all blame is laughable. Open your eyes.

3 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

This isn't how Sarri wants to play though, The players just look inept.

NO, it's Sarri who is inept for sticking to the same predictable line-up and and same system regardless of what the situation is.

The man is clueless and this first half has been an embarrassment.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

It's a bit of both. Sarri has done absolutely nothing to change things up. I get it, he wants to play his way, but he hasn't adapted his tactics to this league a single bit. He's trying to get us to be his Napoli team, but it's impossible, this isn't Serie A, it's a different league. If you don't adapt, if you don't change things up a bit and keep teams guessing, then you get found out. The players though.......f**king hell, I agree with you there. They have talent, but they have zero fight in them. Their attitude is terrible and they don't look like they want to put in the dirty work. Half of our lot don't look like Premier League players, they are way too soft, physically and mentally.

I don't see how he's supposed to change it up though. We tried Emerson he was shocking vs Bournemouth, positionally was sh*t. We have no other genuine game changers on the bench. Who can we bring on that suddenly changes this game? There is nobody. Our recruitment has been shocking for years, but there's a group of players who aren't good enough. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Unfortunately, we've become a club who sacks managers willy nilly. 

No one is scared to take the job, because they know if they get sacked, it won't harm their reputation too much, and they get a nice fat pay out. I have no doubt that Sarri will be gone by the end of the month. The culture of this club needs to change. The players are the bosses and they know it.

And until we stick by a manager and style, we will continue to go from one style to another, buying and selling various players for different systtems. In the long run it will not continue to work. It's finally broken down now, and until we stick with the manager things won't get better. 

Edited by enigma