coco

Man City V Chelsea (PL) Sun 10th Feb 16:00 UK

The only silver lining is that Liverpool fans must be gutted, hehe! The perfect result, lol... 

Football is so crazy that I can see us winning the League Cup Final 1-0 ...

i think the Cup games coming up are all a welcome distraction.

unfortunately, I can see us struggling against Spurs at home.

8 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

He’s 29!

He has been our best player alongside Hazard for half a decade now, but this season he has been uncharacteristically poor.

He will be 30 years in a few months time and although that's not too big a deal for defenders, he may be showing signs of ageing to me this season.

Never thought I'd see any reference to the 7-0 drubbing we took at forest in 1991 used in the Abramovich era and yet this was our biggest defeat since then. Hard not to overreact in these circumstances, but at the moment we feel like a club that is rotten to the core and getting rid of Sarri won't be enough to solve all the problems.

9 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

Lets all take one on the chin and move on. Its not the end of the world. Lets not attack each other out of anger!  

Never forget,

KTBFFH!!!! ::ChELSeAFaN::

the 4 0 defeat away to fricking bournemouth is much worse indeed. Plus, it aint the first time top 6 teams destroy other top 6 teams... Need a huge bounceback though ! UTC

10 hours ago, JM7 said:

Guardiola on Sarri etc: "People don't understand how difficult it is to do something. In my first season it was tough too. It takes time, it needs owners to really believe in that. I don't have to convince Txiki, he knows me. He knows I'm not good when I win or bad when I lose."

I think Pep hit the nail on the head when he said that it depends how much the owner wants want attacking football. 

If they sack Sarri, it means they have given up. 

He forgot to mention that it takes a whole lot of money, too.

New day guys. Let's start the week in a positive way. Call me crazy if you want to, but I believe we are going to get our revenge in the cup final. Not because we are better team, but because I know that our players can beat any team if they are determined enough. They showed it against Spurs and the first match against City. And they must show it on Wembley after yesterday's performance. 

Keep your chins up guys!

CTID ::ChELSeAFaN::

article-2478579-0089D9DA000004B0-358_634x419.jpg

2 minutes ago, Preap said:

New day guys. Let's start the week in a positive way. Call me crazy if you want to, but I believe we are going to get our revenge in the cup final. Not because we are better team, but because I know that our players can beat any team if they are determined enough. They showed it against Spurs and the first match against City. And they must show it on Wembley after yesterday's performance. 

Keep your chins up guys!

CTID ::ChELSeAFaN::

article-2478579-0089D9DA000004B0-358_634x419.jpg

i think we would actually have more chance of beating city in the final if jose took over for the game !! good to be positive though

There's no leadership or any direction on and off the field. Given City's recent fast start, surely Sarri would have addressed the what if of conceding early, and how to adapt or weather the storm. 1:0 down, it's not the end of the world, just stay compact and ride out the next 5, 10, and 15 minutes, so on.. The likes of Newcastle and Arsenal all have done that, WTF we just started to panic and not even trying to defend. Half  a season in, this team even doesn't know how to park the bicyle let alone parking a  bus anymore, and I thought that's in the Chelsea DNA. Yes, the players were at fault, but wtf is Sarri doing on the field giving that sad face, and not forcing his stand on the team when the game is still up to grab. Carragher was right, Sarri just turned this team into the worst Arsenal, fancy a 5:0 against the bottom team, but couldn't defend for sh1t and not willing to do the hard work. When you keeping losing like this, it's no longer individual player, it's failed system, or the players just lost faith completely. There wasn't one player that wanted to play in the second half, just happy to walk away with a half a dozen score line. Something has to give, either the manager goes, or he has to start taking some responsibilties and make those tough decisions, and win some f* games.

What do people expect with this squad both of our fullbacks wont even get in any of the top six sides Azpilicueta has lost some pace he is 29 cant keep up with fast wingers and Alonslow never had any pace to begin with they are not suited to Sarriball which need fast fullbacks going up and down the field Azpi needs to be replaced by  Aaron Wan-Bissaka next transfer window he is only 21 homegrown fast good defender and can only get better.

For left-back we need to sell Alonslow next transfer window let Emerson play the rest of the season to see if can work in Sarriball i think he has all the attributes to do he just needs some concentration in defending if by chance he doesnt succeed we need to buy Ben Chilwell he is only 22 homegrown and one of the top three left-backs in the league.

Also Christensen should be given more game time instead of Luiz.

All of the above will sort our defence I will talk about midfield and wingers on my next post.

36 minutes ago, DJSankiller007 said:

What do people expect with this squad both of our fullbacks wont even get in any of the top six sides Azpilicueta has lost some pace he is 29 cant keep up with fast wingers and Alonslow never had any pace to begin with they are not suited to Sarriball which need fast fullbacks going up and down the field Azpi needs to be replaced by  Aaron Wan-Bissaka next transfer window he is only 21 homegrown fast good defender and can only get better.

For left-back we need to sell Alonslow next transfer window let Emerson play the rest of the season to see if can work in Sarriball i think he has all the attributes to do he just needs some concentration in defending if by chance he doesnt succeed we need to buy Ben Chilwell he is only 22 homegrown and one of the top three left-backs in the league.

All of the above will sort our defence I will talk about midfield and wingers on my next post.

This was not ever funny or clever 

It’s never a sacrifice to go and support my team. Some people would give everything for the chance. 
Trust me, anyone who leave the comfort of there home and go to The Bridge just to see the players or just to support the team has already made a sacrifice for the team because most people can easily watch this games at home. It doesn't mean watching the game at home makes anyone a fake fan but those who buy tickets and go to the games really deserve to be appreciated!

59 minutes ago, RMCM said:

This was not ever funny or clever  

Did not meant it to be funny or clever that what his name should be  Alonslow for getting ripped apart by all the wingers and can't even support Hazard by making overlapping runs by chance if he even makes one he never gets back in time and gets caught in counterattacks.

I cant believe no one understands these players. No chance of prem ..held up a bit too much v city... man utd on their minds mo day..man utd fans in tears monday..chelsea fans happy again monday...the team have decided on a three cup season this time round.. dont panic..we are chelsea

4 minutes ago, wallosh said:

No please, let's play Sarriball

Yes, let's keep persisting with thrashings under the guise of this rubbish known as "Sarriball".

Maybe we'll lose 8-0 in our next away game. However, at least we can boast about being an attacking team.

5 minutes ago, DJSankiller007 said:

Did not meant it to be funny or clever that what his name should be  Alonslow for getting ripped apart by all the wingers and can't even support Hazard by making overlapping runs by chance if he even makes one he never gets back in time and gets caught in counterattacks.

You were clearly trying to be funny and clever, alluding to the fact that Alonso is slow with wordplay, but it's not funny and makes you look 9 years old so I was just pointing that out :good2:

1 hour ago, DJSankiller007 said: 

10 minutes ago, WeatherMan said:

Don't bother

Who are you to say  don't bother this is a forum where people can express their opinion if you dont agree with me thats fine I was just putting forward some ideas what needs to be done to our squad to make us challenge for the title again because we need to overhaul the squad because some of the players are close to 30 or over.

We lack a midfield presence, simples
No, we lack a good manager. Jorginho was signed for 57m, Kante could be worth 90m right now, Kovacic 30m, RLC+Barkley 50m, Ampadu 30m. Our midfield cost more than 200m, yet we Sarri can't get the best out of them. Am not a big fan of Marina, but if I was in her shoes, I will be kinda reluctant to still spend a fortune for more players in that midfield.
We simply have a bad manager!

At the risk of repeating myself, I stated on here after the Bournemouth debacle that the real reason we find ourselves in the state we are in at the moment is purely down to the board. For several seasons now we have failed to invest adequately in the squad, bringing in players who are up for grabs because they are unwanted by their previous clubs and are going relatively cheap. When Mourinho won the title in 2014/15 he pleaded with the board for several top quality players to be signed with the view of strengthening the squad for the upcoming ECL involvement the following season. The only decent signing we made was Pedro from Barcelona, while the rest consisted of players brought back from loan spells and some outstanding bargain buys like, Michael Hector (Centre Back) from Reading, Matt Miazga (Centre-Back) from N.Y Red Bulls, Nathan (Winger) from Athletico-PR and Danilo Pantic (Midfield) from Partizan. These are just a few of the 39 players that the board,  "NOT MOURINHO",  bought in that summer. We all know what happened the following season?

History repeated itself the summer after Conte won the title. Again he pleaded with the board for 6 top notch signings to strengthen, bearing in mind we had by now lost Lampard & Terry and what did he get? Morata, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Rudiger, Zappacosta and several other "average" players most of whom are no longer at the club. Need I say more? 

The person who deals with the transfers in and out of the club is Marina Granovskaia, She has worked closely with Mr Abramovich as a senior adviser over the last 18 years, looking after his various assets and interests and has famously been at odds with various managers about transfer dealings during that time.

All of this will still be continuing at the club regardless of who the next manager will be. If Sarri gets the bullet tomorrow or at the end of the season we'll still have the same issues with whoever comes in until the club hand over a greater amount of control to the manager and allow him to choose who he wants in or out during the transfer windows. Remember also, they appointed a Manager who has been in charge of no less than  18 clubs prior to Chelsea, and never won anything!!!!

The players are in a comfort zone, they know there is no genuine competition for their places in the first team so they lack motivation as well as having a manager who simply can't adapt to any other style of play other than the one he loves, he simply doesn't have a plan "B". I believe these are just some of the issues going on at the moment and I can't see a quick fix coming anytime soon.

Hang on to your seats guys, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!