Sarri In or Out?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. IN or OUT

• IN
    • OUT
    • Shake it all about
    • You do the Hokey Cokey

3 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Chelsea to consider move for Steve Holland if they hand Maurizio Sarri the sack next week. #CFC (Telegraph)

Like Steve Holland and he's a popular guy but would he be another one who's a great No 2 but not necessarily make a good manager. There's a growing list of them - Steve McClaren, Paul Clement, Zola, Rene Meulensteen, Roy Keane and so on.

11 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Like Steve Holland and he's a popular guy but would he be another one who's a great No 2 but not necessarily make a good manager. There's a growing list of them - Steve McClaren, Paul Clement, Zola, Rene Meulensteen, Roy Keane and so on.

I completely agree with you, Nibs.

And anyway I doubt he'd leave the England setup right now, he has a good thing going on there. 

1 minute ago, Blueblur said:

I completely agree with you, Nibs.

And anyway I doubt he'd leave the England setup right now, he has a good thing going on there. 

Yeah, he's on a cushy number there. Doesn't strike me as someone who loves the limelight so why would you go from that nice job - well paid, get to go and watch all the games you want, no real pressure as that is what Southgate is there for............to go to CFC where you'll be under constant scrutiny and sacked before you've got round to putting the picture of the Mrs and kids up on the office wall!!

7 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Yeah, he's on a cushy number there. Doesn't strike me as someone who loves the limelight so why would you go from that nice job - well paid, get to go and watch all the games you want, no real pressure as that is what Southgate is there for............to go to CFC where you'll be under constant scrutiny and sacked before you've got round to putting the picture of the Mrs and kids up on the office wall!!

Because it's a once in a lifetime opportunity he may never get again.

Furthermore any managers who don't take a huge job for fear of getting sacked probably won't be cut out for the top level.

39 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Does the transfer ban increase or decrease job security for Sarri? Surely it only increases it. 

Does nothing. How we buy/sell players in 15 months is irrelevant 

What about Southgate if we agree to bring through the youth players, could bring in Steve Holland with him and also do the England job.

Don't expect to win anything but a year down the line we have a young experienced squad ready to challenge under new reigns.

7 hours ago, Nibs said:

Always a question Nibs but in my view he is a guy who knows the squad, knows the youth, gets Chelsea and can get the best from the team. At least in the short term that's what we need. Someone who will not impose ideology but work with the squad as it is to improve it.