231 members have voted

1. 1. IN or OUT

• IN
    • OUT
    • Shake it all about
    • You do the Hokey Cokey

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I am not sure Roman is saying "dont hire a DoF" but that is what is happening and despite having the means to try and change that he doesn't. 

It's been 18 months without a DoF. Our team has been sliding since we won the league under Jose in my opinion with a shot in the arm under Conte that couldn't stave off the team's decline. 

Roman can change things up, he can make things happen. If you genuinely don't believe that then your problems with our performances now should be directed at the team, not Sarri. Because the team Sarri puts out are better at football than Bournemouth, Cardiff, Wolves and Everton. 

Roman brought in Michael Emenalo.  If Roman wanted a replacement in that position, or as a DoF, he'd have brought one in.  Or instructed someone to go get one.  He hasn't.  There have been candidates available...….

Edited by Boston Blue

3 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Roman brought in Michael Emenalo.  If Roman wanted a replacement in that position, or as a DoF, he'd have brought one in.  Or instructed someone to go get one.  He hasn't.  There have been candidates available...….

Exactly. And I'm annoyed we haven't got one. 

It's madness. We have no vision, no unity between youth and senior squad, no transfer activity that isn't "what does our current manager want?".

There's a reason Liverpool and city are sitting at the top of the league and we are 6th. Whilst we were winning the league with short termism they were building for a longer term plan. Liverpool and city will both be top 2 for a few years. Neither is going to crash like we always did. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zola said:

Perhaps he's worried about getting scooped up by law enforcement for 'questioning' if he comes into the UK again?

Is he allowed to even attend a home match for fear of it looking like he's working?  As I recall, he was allowed to be present in the UK, but not allowed to work in the UK.

More telling to me, he hasn't been seen at any of our matches outside the UK where he is not under that scrutiny.  

Edited by Boston Blue

2 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

I agree.

Emenalo did a good job and kept things together at the club. When Emenalo suddenly left over his troubled relationship with Marina, Conte came out with support for Emenalo and said that he had been a huge help for him. It was also after Emenalo left that everything started to unravel at the club.

In many ways Roman have failed his club because he's left a woman without any football-pedigree or experience in charge of the club now and we look what's happened to us. It's actually really surprising to me that a smart man like Roman has done that.
The longer she's in charge the worse we'll get.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I agree.

Emenalo did a good job and kept things together at the club. When Emenalo suddenly left over his troubled relationship with Marina, Conte came out with support for Emenalo and said that he had been a huge help for him. It was also after Emenalo left that everything started to unravel at the club.

In many ways Roman have failed his club because he's left a woman without any football-pedigree or experience in charge of the club now and we look what's happened to us. It's actually really surprising to me that a smart man like Roman has done that.
The longer she's in charge the worse we'll get.

It does not seem like her mandate is to acquire quality players and build a team.  Her mandate appears to be to negotiate favorable financial deals for incoming and outgoing players.  While important, there isn't a football savvy counterpart to identify the right players for us, then let Marina negotiate the best deal she can for those players.

1 minute ago, Boston Blue said:

t does not seem like her mandate is to acquire quality players and build a team.  Her mandate appears to be to negotiate favorable financial deals for incoming and outgoing players.  While important, there isn't a football savvy counterpart to identify the right players for us, then let Marina negotiate the best deal she can for those players.

I think it is. Who do you rekcon makes the final descision on who to buy or not?
Conte was fighting with the club for two summers to get his targets with Emenalo on his side and yet we mostly ended up with a bunch of extremely overpriced dross in the end.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

Exactly. And I'm annoyed we haven't got one. 

It's madness. We have no vision, no unity between youth and senior squad, no transfer activity that isn't "what does our current manager want?".

There's a reason Liverpool and city are sitting at the top of the league and we are 6th. Whilst we were winning the league with short termism they were building for a longer term plan. Liverpool and city will both be top 2 for a few years. Neither is going to crash like we always did. 

We were linked to Luis Campos not long ago, but I read and heard talks broke down as his vision for the academy was one of the sticking points. Apparently he wanted the club to limit the numbers of players on loan and be more about quality over quantity.

If true, it highlights the problem at the club. We are run for business purposes solely at the moment. Once in a blue moon the club will spend big on a player or two to appease the fans and coach, but it's mostly been sell to buy since Mourinho's return. 

I’m factoring in the CHO not starting following a good week for England ( then again this is International football not the EPL- hence World Cup winner Giroud unable to hold down a spot), the strange omission of our two best players, and the general turgidness of our play, however the blokes just won an away game. And what thanks does he receive? Zippo

A fortunate win, and ugly win, just the type of result Jose teams eeked out every now and again. Did he receive a boat load of abuse for winning away?

Some of you spoilt, trappy, ..... make me ashamed to be a Chelsea fan.

26 minutes ago, enigma said:

We were linked to Luis Campos not long ago, but I read and heard talks broke down as his vision for the academy was one of the sticking points. Apparently he wanted the club to limit the numbers of players on loan and be more about quality over quantity.

If true, it highlights the problem at the club. We are run for business purposes solely at the moment. Once in a blue moon the club will spend big on a player or two to appease the fans and coach, but it's mostly been sell to buy since Mourinho's return. 

Yes, it would appear the Academy & loan program exists as an income generating enterprise.  You certainly can't say it exists as a way to feed the first team.

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

I’m factoring in the CHO not starting following a good week for England ( then again this is International football not the EPL- hence World Cup winner Giroud unable to hold down a spot), the strange omission of our two best players, and the general turgidness of our play, however the blokes just won an away game. And what thanks does he receive? Zippo

A fortunate win, and ugly win, just the type of result Jose teams eeked out every now and again. Did he receive a boat load of abuse for winning away?

If he had started with our best team and we had ground out an ugly win, I would agree with you more. Games against relegation strugglers can be real battles, especially at this stage of the season. But he really didn't help his cause yesterday by benching our 2 more consistent, best players, and leaving our England starlet without even a sub appearance.

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

If he had started with our best team and we had ground out an ugly win, I would agree with you more. Games against relegation strugglers can be real battles, especially at this stage of the season. But he really didn't help his cause yesterday by benching our 2 more consistent, best players, and leaving our England starlet without even a sub appearance.

Instead we ground out an ugly win AND rested our 2 best players for the tough month ahead.

His young England starlet did come on, and scored the winning goal. Wrong one though.

25 minutes ago, Stim said:

Instead we ground out an ugly win AND rested our 2 best players for the tough month ahead.

His young England starlet did come on, and scored the winning goal. Wrong one though.

I think it was more of a case of getting away with a bad decision, rather than a tactical masterclass. I hope it is something to build on but we have really struggled to get any kind of winning run going now since the early part of the season.

3 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I think it was more of a case of getting away with a bad decision, rather than a tactical masterclass. 

O it probably wasn't a masterclass, only if the weakened team got the win easier. But the squad has to be managed, and if you cant rest players against teams in the bottom 3 when can you. Hazard has been knackered for ages.

I'm just saying I can see why he did it.

Posted (edited)

Can anyone name a (Chelsea) player whom Sarri has improved?

If I'm stretching it, Rudiger and Luiz have had good season's but neither have done what we didn't already know they were capable of.

Edited by Qaz

5 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Clear evidence that the systemic bias against Chelsea goes as high as the government, and not just the FA, UEFA, etc.

Yes, logically you have to make that assumption. The Government didn't even offer a people's vote on the decision.

My view is, and has been for quite a while now, Roman has lost interest. 

9 minutes ago, Qaz said:

Can anyone name a (Chelsea) player whom Sarri has improved?

If I'm stretching it, Rudiger and Luiz have had good season's but neither have done what we didn't already know they were capable of.

I can name a few that got worse though. Also his new signings for his one and only tactic are not really winning any games by themselves either, Jorginho scored 1 goal that gave 3 points.

10 minutes ago, just said:

Yes, logically you have to make that assumption. The Government didn't even offer a people's vote on the decision.

My view is, and has been for quite a while now, Roman has lost interest. 

The thing that holds me back from saying he has lost interest is when we sign a goalkeeper for £70m, and up until recently was looking to have Stamford Bridge completely rebuilt. When an owner losses interest, you don't tend to see this type of thing.

I do wonder what the hell is going on though. I mean, where the hell is he? It's like he has disappeared completely. I know he has never been a very public person, but I haven't seen or heard a single thing about him for nearly a year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stim said:

O it probably wasn't a masterclass, only if the weakened team got the win easier. But the squad has to be managed, and if you cant rest players against teams in the bottom 3 when can you. Hazard has been knackered for ages.

Mate now is definitely not the time to be resting our superstars. We don’t have a clear margin in the race for fourth  

As for Sarri 😡

Doesn’t play in form players 

Doesn’t play the best players in their position 

Doesn’t have a plan B

Overall an arrogant, stubborn deaf man who just doesn’t give a sh*t

Edited by teampjta

1 hour ago, Stim said:

Mate now is definitely not the time to be resting our superstars. We don’t have a clear margin in the race for fourth  

As for Sarri 😡

Doesn’t play in form players 

Doesn’t play the best players in their position 

Doesn’t have a plan B

Overall an arrogant, stubborn deaf man who just doesn’t give a sh*t

It is actually super disheartening for me as well. Some people will always disagree with a team selection. Apparently half the hating fans didn't want him to rest Hazard and Kante because the match is super important and the other half demand him to start CHO which I doubt any manager we've ever had would have done after resting their stars. He is f**ked either way.