Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyhollins

It’s time for Frank Lampard, he will turn us around like Ole has Man U.

Don’t give me rubbish that he’s not ready! Look at Solskjaers record at Cardiff.

Dont give me nonsense that we need some foreign tactical god. That gave us a 6 nil thrashing!

Bring FL home, he knows the players, the club and will have the same affect as Ole at Man U!

Edited by Johnnyhollins

20 minutes ago, Johnnyhollins said:

Don’t give me rubbish that he’s not ready! Look at Solskjaers record at Cardiff.

Dont give me nonsense that we need some foreign tactical god. That gave us a 6 nil thrashing!

Bring FL home, he knows the players, the club and will have the same affect as Ole at Man U!

This is a remarkably simplistic way of looking at football

Why would Frank want to join us? Why would any manager? We don't have the players or the squad and if we sack Sarri now is a clear signal that we don't give our managers time. 

Keep Sarri for another 2.5 years. Then bring in lampard and give him 3 years as well. 

When players learn that the manager isn't going to get sacked then they'll stop downing tools. 

7 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

No. Sarri needs to be given at least three years. Short term pain, Long term gain.

3 years !! could be relegated by then the way he is going !! he is 60 years old as well, and the brain stops functioning at 50 i can tell ya ! :biggrin:

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

This is a remarkably simplistic way of looking at football

Why would Frank want to join us? Why would any manager? We don't have the players or the squad and if we sack Sarri now is a clear signal that we don't give our managers time. 

Keep Sarri for another 2.5 years. Then bring in lampard and give him 3 years as well. 

When players learn that the manager isn't going to get sacked then they'll stop downing tools. 

If you don’t mind me saying your view is remarkably rediculous. You want to give a failing manager another 2.5 years? Who openly says he can’t motivate his team!!

Some of the views on here are so stupid that I know you aren’t Chelsea fans because given your way, you would be happy for us to end up mid table in a few years time! Sarri has won nothing he’s hopeless!!

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

Solksjaer has lots of experience before joining United. Lampard is doing brilliantly well at Derby, but I don't think he has the experience to be a success here yet.

No he hasn’t! Solskjaer was a failure at Cardiff, that is his only experience! Unless you are counting Norwegian football as preparation for Man U. God give me strength, lmfao!!

This is a bit silly.

We all love Frank, but he is very much learning the trade, and currently has 6 months Managerial experience of a Championship side.

He would do very well to stay put, and carry on what he is doing.

As others have said, there will be a time, but that time is not now.

As for the Solskjaer reference; I don't really think this should have any bearing on our situation. Just because it is currently working for them doesn't mean it would work for us.

2 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

No. Sarri needs to be given at least three years. Short term pain, Long term gain.

Should Villas Boas have been given at least three years?

There is absolutely no certainty in long term gain by sticking to one manager just for the sake of longevity.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

There is absolutely no certainty in long term gain by sticking to one manager just for the sake of longevity.

This. Football is a results based business, and at present we are not getting the results and that's what Roman/ the board will be looking at. It is no good saying 'oh well we might be good in 3 years' if you are rubbish currently.

I get the idea of the club wanting to implement a long term strategy, but surely there has to be some consideration on the here and now.

Ole is getting these results based on motivation and the fact he has a squad of world class players at his disposal. Our results improved under Guus when Mourinho went too, no one suggested making him permanent. If Ole is still doing well 2 years down the line its worth considering, right now this is one of the worst opinions i've seen on here. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Ole is getting these results based on motivation and the fact he has a squad of world class players at his disposal. Our results improved under Guus when Mourinho went too, no one suggested making him permanent. If Ole is still doing well 2 years down the line its worth considering, right now this is one of the worst opinions i've seen on here. 

With this, I consider it to be that they have improved because Mourinho isn't there anymore, not because Solskjaer has replaced him. I am not sure if this makes sense but i know what i mean haha.

7 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

With this, I consider it to be that they have improved because Mourinho isn't there anymore, not because Solskjaer has replaced him. I am not sure if this makes sense but i know what i mean haha.

That's exactly the point i mean. They've always had the squad, just Mourinho had broke them all. They were always going to bounce back once he was gone, regardless of who they brought in.

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

That's exactly the point i mean. They've always had the squad, just Mourinho had broke them all. They were always going to bounce back once he was gone, regardless of who they brought in.

Yeah bang on 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

That's exactly the point i mean. They've always had the squad, just Mourinho had broke them all. They were always going to bounce back once he was gone, regardless of who they brought in. how kind the fixture list was to them when Mourinho got  sacked.

22 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

De Gea, Pogba. I don't see anyone else world-class in that squad.
I think Ole will get the job and i think he will do well.

4 hours ago, bisright1 said:

A lot of managers would want to come to us because essentially we are risk free as far as their reputations go.

AVB and Mourinho were sacked and walked into new jobs at teams that finished above us on the season's in question. The stigma that the manager has little blame at most here when things go wrong will always give them another chance after us, compare to AVB getting another chance at Spurs after his failure here, Moyes will never be touched by a club of that stature or above again after what he did at United. 

The job here is win win for any manager.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

What exactly were Villas Boas' ideas or gameplan? There was just nothing there with him. He was a complete non entity who was getting by on his associations. I can't remember him trying to turn our style around or having any influence whatsoever.

Just now, Luca Vialli said:

What exactly were Villas Boas' ideas or gameplan? There was just nothing there with him. He was a complete non entity who was getting by on his associations. I can't remember him trying to turn our style around or having any influence whatsoever.

Then you simply don't remember so well. Villas Boas tried to change everything according to his philosophy. Pressing high and high-line defence and a more possession based style of football than what we had seen previously.
In fact it was very similar to what Sarri is trying to do right now.

it’s-time-for-frank-lampard-he-will-turn-us-around-like-ole-has-man-u

No, it's not. It's time for us to not prematurely sack a manager based on a poor couple of weeks of results. It's time for the players to buck the f**k up and give 100% instead of deciding they don't like to train at 3pm and don't like tactical training. And it's also time for Lamps to continue his managerial growth at a club that won't be putting pressure on him to instantly gratify them with silverware. 5 years from now may be time for Lamps to manage Chelsea, but not much before that

8 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

AVB wasn't right, but imagine if he got given 3 years to work as a project? What would have changed. Worst case scenario we would have won the exact same number of league titles - 0 - and we wouldn't have fluked the champions league. Best case...who knows. People seem to forget that we didn't win a league title for 5 years and realistically there was no reason why a club with our resources didn't. 

The issue we had in 2011 was similar to now. Our squad was ageing, it needed fresh ideas. An old squad can pull out cup wins, but it couldn't win the league. That was proven with us and it was proven with United where Fergie refreshed constantly. 

Edited by bisright1