coco

Chelsea vs Man Utd (FA) Mon 18th Feb 19:30 GMT

This should make for an exciting game which could be won by either side.

I am hoping for a great atmosphere and the Bridge making some noise to drown out the chants of ‘United…we are the pride of all Europe etc…’

Doubt we will lose in open play and if it goes to penalties we have the confidence of beating Spuds recently.

Millwall away in the quarter finals.

Man City again in the final.

Carefree where ever you may be we are the famous CFC…

Edited by The Swan

On 16/02/2019 at 22:03, Munkworth said:

Visit www.samaritans.org or phone 116 123. 

Some of you miserable c**ts sound like you need help preventing your suicides!

Yorkley is that you? You're supposed to be banned! 

Martial and Lingard being out is a big plus for us. 

United haven't enjoyed coming to the Bridge for a few years now, so we should go into the game with some confidence. 

Line up I would like to see tonight is:

Kepa

Dave - Rudiger - Christensen - Emerson

Kante - Kovacic - Barkley

CHO - Higuain - Hazard

Martial and Lingard being out is a big plus for us. 
United haven't enjoyed coming to the Bridge for a few years now, so we should go into the game with some confidence. 
Line up I would like to see tonight is:
Kepa
Dave - Rudiger - Christensen - Emerson
Kante - Kovacic - Barkley
CHO - Higuain - Hazard
I think Luiz will be fired up for ths

I'd take a 1:0 , own goal from Phil Jones. One of their best attacker is out, huge boost for us, no excuse for not beating them tomorrow with what's at stake. The is either the new beginning, or beginning of the ..

I actually have a feeling we'll cruise this. As a fellow countryman of Solskjær, he always plays open football and I think they'll do that tonight as well - which will play right into our hands. This is also one of those games  we always raise our game for. 4-1 win!

24 minutes ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

I actually have a feeling we'll cruise this. As a fellow countryman of Solskjær, he always plays open football and I think they'll do that tonight as well - which will play right into our hands. This is also one of those games  we always raise our game for. 4-1 win!

Hope you are right as last time out I think they got Mata to sit on Jorginho.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Come on for God's sake....

I know, I know Iam just finding it hard to muster any confidence in Sarri and the team these days...so I'll put my head on the line and go 2-1 to the Chels 

30 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Hope you are right as last time out I think they got Mata to sit on Jorginho.

Yeah, he might do that seeing as everyone else seems do to it, successfully so.

I just really don't rate Solskjær when it comes to the defensive and cynical side of the game, so I doubt just putting someone on Jorginho will be enough. Of course, this all depends on us scoring first as we know what happens when we fall behind!

27 minutes ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

Yeah, he might do that seeing as everyone else seems do to it, successfully so.

I just really don't rate Solskjær when it comes to the defensive and cynical side of the game, so I doubt just putting someone on Jorginho will be enough. Of course, this all depends on us scoring first as we know what happens when we fall behind!

That does seem to be the problem under Sarri, if they score first they bring on the speed merchants to hit us on the counter. 

Reminds me of that Gavin Peacock volley in 94, it didn't go in and they scored first, we couldn't play offensive football then against Utd we could only win by scoring first and defending in numbers.

20 hours ago, coco said:

Back on topic, it's almost 25 years ago since that sad, wet, miserable day in May 94. Were still due some more karma for that day, i'm calling for it tomorrow night. 4-1 the Chels.

And also for the '96 Semi at Villa Park

Edited by Osgood is Good

3 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Always wondered what would have happened had that gone in. We'd beaten them twice in the league so we had a psychological advantage on them. Oh well, que sera sera

6 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Didn't we end up with ten men in this game due to injuries, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

15 minutes ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

Always wondered what would have happened had that gone in. We'd beaten them twice in the league so we had a psychological advantage on them. Oh well, que sera sera

Didn't we end up with ten men in this game due to injuries, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

The Craig Burley back pass to Beckham for Man Utd 2nd goal, was what I was referring to. Don't remember the 10 men, but then again I don't remember much from that day.

Edited by Osgood is Good

Will be pressed to death from the start and once again Jorghino will offer bugger all and the defence will again be left exposed and the offence won't get that cutting edge pass. Unless by some miracle the team has been transformed since the 6-0 thrashing, I just don't see Sarri changing anything.  As much as I'd love to see a positive result I just can't see where it's going to come from given their form against ours at the moment; a CFC team of old would have the knack to somehow pull something out of the bag when needed, but this group of players just don't seem to have it in them....hopefully I'm wrong.  

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

Come On The Chels!

Do it for @yorkleyblue with Willian to bag a hat-trick!!!

Is he (Yorkley not Willian) still banned? If we lose tonight and the forum goes berserk and he can't respond to the posts he'll need a bucket full of tranquilisers! For some reason I imagine him to be a bit like Father Jack from Father Ted. I'll probably regret typing that sooner or later.

No prediction for tonight as I can equally imagine any outcome known to football occurring. Quite looking forward to it at the moment anyway.