Sign in to follow this  
Kev56

Anti-Chelsea media

4 hours ago, fitz said:

I'm fed the f**k up with the reporting around Chelsea in the media. One of our players gets racially abused and there's little or no mention of the Spurs fans. 

5psSg30.png

One of the Spurs players gets racially abused and these are the headlines from the same newspapers:

1MFv5VF.png

Most of the match reports I read mentioned the Sterling incident at the Bridge last season. Without mentioning the incident at Man City which was far more recent and very similar to the Rudiger incident.

Well, surprise surprise, it’s us who are getting the direct headlines as a result of an arrest. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50898486

An arrest reported elsewhere that was apparently thanks to Chelsea fans identifying a racist. Spurs fans on the other hand appear to have closed their ranks as happened at City. But what can you expect from a club who chant anti-semitism with pride?

The way it’s looking ( no one else reported monkey noises amongst a 60,000 crowd), implies that Rudiger misheard something else, however that hadn’t prevented the usual hysterical overreaction with calls for Government inquiries and the likes of self publicists such as Gary Neville spouting off.

Its a small comfort that for once the boot is on the other foot ( use that term loosely seeing as we had one fan nicked for alleged abuse of Son) but it’s all way OTT as per usual.

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

prevented the usual hysterical overreaction with calls for Government inquiries and the likes of self publicists such as Gary Neville spouting off.

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

it’s all way OTT as per usual.

Says the man whose political hero thinks black people are picaninny cannibals, and who also feels comfortable saying so in public.

26 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Says the man whose political hero thinks black people are picaninny cannibals, and who also feels comfortable saying so in public.

Hi Yorkey. Not sure where you got political hero from seeing as I consider him a borderline jerk; just not a full blown jerk as in Corbyn case.

So judging by evidence, the balance of probability is Rudiger misheard. No particular axe to grind however in common with previous incidents a misconception travels half way round the world before reality has got its pants on.

Even if it was one plank giving it, that’s one plank out of the equivalent of a small town, which is piss in a bucket material.

Cue howls of faux outrage from our virtue signaling correspondents and their “ one racist is one racist too many” tick seeking raison detre

Edited by Ewell CFC

A couple of spuds in my local reckon he miss read /heard their fans singing ‘who let the dogs ‘ Or as they sing it ‘who let the y*ds out’ which is a bit ironic.

2 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

The way it’s looking ( no one else reported monkey noises amongst a 60,000 crowd), implies that Rudiger misheard something else, however that hadn’t prevented the usual hysterical overreaction with calls for Government inquiries and the likes of self publicists such as Gary Neville spouting off.

Its a small comfort that for once the boot is on the other foot ( use that term loosely seeing as we had one fan nicked for alleged abuse of Son) but it’s all way OTT as per usual.

ive seen spurs fans on twitter claiming they were singing 'who let the y*ds (dogs) out' and the barking is what Rudiger thought was monkey noises. If true i can understand the misinterpretation. However it isnt much of a defence to swap one racial slur for another. 

13 hours ago, Snedger said:

Well, surprise surprise, it’s us who are getting the direct headlines as a result of an arrest. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50898486

An arrest reported elsewhere that was apparently thanks to Chelsea fans identifying a racist. Spurs fans on the other hand appear to have closed their ranks as happened at City. But what can you expect from a club who chant anti-semitism with pride?

Yeah it's a good thing Chelsea fans are calling out our own for racial abuse. It should be seen as a positive. 

On 24/12/2019 at 13:02, big blue said:

ive seen spurs fans on twitter claiming they were singing 'who let the y*ds (dogs) out' and the barking is what Rudiger thought was monkey noises. If true i can understand the misinterpretation. However it isnt much of a defence to swap one racial slur for another. 

Yup Spurs fans I know think the same, however even though journalists no doubt have sust this out, there will be no counter headlines proclaiming “ There were no monkey noises and the whole thing is a massive misunderstanding”

I’m personally sick of these faux race storms. Ps Where was the ink trades moral compass in decades gone by? It was a thousand times more prevalent, yet received a thousandth of the coverage.

Bandwagon jumping pure and simple

Not sure where to post this yet recall someone saying that Abramovich was being ignored for his gesture of offering the Chelsea hotel for the emergency services.

Well Martin Samuel of the Mail does today:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8132621/Roman-Abramovich-Gary-Neville-good-nice-Bransons-motto-Screw-everyone.html

5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Not sure where to post this yet recall someone saying that Abramovich was being ignored for his gesture of offering the Chelsea hotel for the emergency services.

Well Martin Samuel of the Mail does today:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8132621/Roman-Abramovich-Gary-Neville-good-nice-Bransons-motto-Screw-everyone.html

As a thanks, the government should welcome him back to the country.

Posted (edited)
On 16/02/2019 at 09:43, Kev56 said:

Couldn't find anywhere else to post this. Once again we are going to be summoned to the footballing courts. This is being reported all over the place, so after looking at several sources you find different takes on it. Malmo v Chelsea Face charges of 'missile throwing' and   'pitch invasions' when you look into it the so called 'missiles' were spent flare casings 'popular with most european fans' and plastic beer glasses,not Chelsea. The 'pitch invasion' was a Malmo supporter went on to the pitch to ask for Hazards shirt, which he gave him and said there was no problem.

Anyone at the game know anything or is this another media dig at Chelsea again.

Can't see how this is a 'dig' at us at all , in fact I didn't even read about it anywhere.

If others hate us, who cares ? , gotta be careful here , we're turning ourselves into victims.

Edited by The Rising Sun
Explanation added

21 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

As a thanks, the government should welcome him back to the country.

He IS allowed into the UK, for 6 months at a time.  Dunno why he doesn't come to our games, .  I think that's allowed even if he isn't allowed to work while he's here.

the best thing he's done I think is to hold the over billion pound investment as a debt tied to our club. That deters any potential buyers , I can't think of anyone else I would like to see as an owner , we have been very fortunate with him

8 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Can't see how this is a 'dig' at us at all , in fact I didn't even read about it anywhere.

If others hate us, who cares ? , gotta be careful here , we're turning ourselves into victims.

Breaking news.

About time, finally saw Chelsea on the BBC today on Football Focus, just 5 minutes of that win up at Anfield where Gerrard slips and Demba Ba scores and then Torres sets up Willian for the brace.

Forgot Schwarzer played for us and he made some good saves too.

JM certainly made a point of cheering that one at the end and I could understand why some of Anfield faithful might just dislike him 😉

I see BT have a feature on the Chelsea-Dippers CL rivalry coming up. For some reason they have chosen to focus solely on the 05 and 07 games. Can't think why BT don't think the following two CL meetings didn't warrant inclusion in the programme.

4 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

The Guardian rehashed the John Terry and Wayne Bridge non story a few days back.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/03/betrayal-and-bombast-surreal-story-terry-v-bridge-scandal

They pretty much concede that the story was a fabrication:

to this day Vanessa Perroncel fervently denies that any affair took place between her and John Terry in late 2009, and she has the printed apologies and legal documents to back it up. Normally this bit is begrudgingly buried at the bottom of the piece. But it’s worth dwelling on, if only because it forces us to confront the vast, incalculable gulf between what we definitively know and what, over the years, we’ve simply assumed.

But sympathy for what JT had to go through is very limited:

For his part, Terry’s personal brand was irrevocably tarnished, the England captaincy stripped from him, his status as the game’s most convenient villain cemented. But really, the human core of this story isn’t a footballer at all. For Perroncel, a 33-year-old single mother who had broken no laws, the events of early 2010 would be a cruel tutelage in the way football and society treats women: the sex‑shaming, the humiliation, the public guillotine.

For a while, as he rose to the summit of the English game, Terry had cut a popular figure in the media for his affable manner and ability to give a straight answer to a straight question. But he had been badly burned, too. In late 2009 his father, Ted, had been trapped in an elaborate sting by the News of the World, caught supplying cocaine to an undercover reporter. The following month, the same newspaper filmed Terry Jr apparently accepting £10,000 for a private tour of the Chelsea training ground.

JT was cooperative with the media but they still decided to entrap his father, for no other reason than his son was Chelsea and England captain, before entrapping JT in the 'training ground tour scandal', when they tried to get him to take £10k off them but he refused and insisted it went to the Make a Wish charity. The selfish barsteward.

I've never understood why Terry got so much sh*t for that. Even if what he did was true, is still very bad, other footballers have done worse and nothing has ever come of it. Giggs is a perfect example, he never got the publicity Terry got, the media always attacked Terry. 

One that always bothered me was the alleged racism, I might be biased but I don't believe Terry was racist, I will admit though that I am the worst lip reader in the world. If I was deaf, I may as well be blind because I just can't lip read to save my life, but enough of that and back to my point, I hated how despite found not guilty in court, the F.A. still charged him. Now that was just ridiculous and unjust, but we had to take it on the chin for some bizarre reason.... Ironically the person who was being racist during this whole ordeal was Rio Ferdinand towards Ashley Cole. 

Terry has done stupid things on the pitch, kneeing Sanchez for example, we were 2-0 down on a tough away leg, wtf were you doing there? But who would be stupid enough to call Anton Ferdinand a bl*** c**t? Right on the pitch in the view of everyone? After everything Terry has been through on the media, knowing he's an easy target and scapegoat, sorry I just don't buy it, never have. Would be interested to know what other opinions are on that though, and people who can lip read better than me, which is pretty much everyone. 

Posted (edited)

There are enormous threads on here about the Terry - Ferdinand case. Like you, I don't believe for one second that the captain of one of the most racially diverse teams in the history of English football is a racist. I am able to lipread pretty well and there is zero doubt that he used the words f... b ... c.... even though not a single one of the players or officials on the pitch heard them. Terry admits to using them. The only question was in what context.

He argued that Ferdinand accused him of calling him that, and that what he was saying was either 'Did you think I called you a.....' or 'I never called you a ....' JT' s defence team provided a lip reader who stated that the word before 'f....' was not 'you' but 'a', but even though there were about 10 different cameras not one of them managed to capture the full sentence. 

There was a YouTube clip where JT appeared to say ' I n..' at the start (I never) and they they added the words 'called you a' before the fbc, and it fitted perfectly on the clip. Not sure if it's still online but it was very convincing.

Edit:  here it is. It reminded me that after using the words 'fbc', he called him a f**king knobhead, which lends weight to Terry's argument. Calling someone a knobhead is like calling them an idiot, when compared to calling them a c**t. It's a far more mild insult, so it would be like saying, for example, I never called you a rapist, you twat'. If you were shouting abuse at someone, you would never call them, say, a w**ker and then follow it up with milder insult like a pillock. If you call some a c**t, there isn't anywhere else to go, really.

The magistrate found Terry to be a credible witness who stood up very well to intense cross-examination, and acquitted him because the case could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt. I remember a journalist ( maybe Martin Samuel) saying that JT came up with his version of events that same day and never wavered at all, even though he must have known there were up to a dozen cameras, anyone of which could have shown him to be a bare-faced liar. If he was simply inventing his defence he was taking a massive risk, so the journalist concluded he was telling the truth

The FA used entirely different criteria for convicting him. Basically, they said he was guilty because he used the words on the pitch and admitted it, and context was therefore not relevant. It was a bit more complicated than that and they did appalling character assassination of both JT and Ashley Cole, who they accused of changing his statement, when in fact he simply asked for it to be amended after it was sent to the club for him to check and sign. It is in fact entirely normal for a witness to review and amend a statement before signing it when it has been written up after an interview and then sent on for signing.

The FA were basically desperate to convict JT to show they had a zero-tolerance approach to any racial/ racist language and overrode their own regulations that stated the law courts had primacy over their tribunals. They had to come up with the Ashley Cole allegation to do that.

It was a horrendous episode for all concerned, and ultimately the person to blame was.... Chris Foy, who refereed the game so appallingly that tempers frayed really badly, and Ferdinand got away with elbowing JT in the head. A red card for that would have avoided everything. I seem to remember we were down to nine men by half-time, but I might be mixing up my shocking Chris Foy refereeing performances.

Edited by Backbiter

Was a huge kangaroo court at the time. Not convicted in an actual court where beyond reasonable doubt applied so the FA had to set their own lower standard to have him punished.

The Wayne Bridge stuff was ludicrous too. Dropped as England captain even though Bridge was a bit part player and none of it was ever proven. 

Compare that to Giggs having an 8 year affair with his brother's wife and then being made GB Captain for the Olympics...

No doubt we were public enemy number 1 for a while there for disrupting the established order. Has settled a bit in recent years I think with Jose moving on and us not being such a force in the transfer market.