Anti-Chelsea media

There was one point where they said Ashley Cole "sided" with his team mate...... which shows the mentality of the thing. 

However I think we got to big enough, despite the twitter aftermath from Rio to ignore this stuff. JT clearly has his hands tied and we have ours tied with him. 

All we can do is support the cause as Chelsea supporters, The biggest single issue was the online abuse Ferdinand received and viewers will naturally believe that was from Chelsea supporters unfortunately 

38 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

This is true. They had to claim that new evidence had come to light since the trial that would allow them to hold their own hearing. The supposed new evidence was the allegation that Ashley Cole changed his story after giving his initial statement. The facts are that he gave his statement to the FA, which they typed up and sent back to the club so he could check it and sign it. It is standard practice for a witness to review and if necessary amend a statement written up by a third party before they sign it. It is not evidence that someone has changed their story, but that was what allowed the FA to break their own rules after JT had been acquitted in the UK courts.

The FA was under massive pressure to take some action. They could have simply said that, whatever the context, JT was totally out of order in using the words FBC, and could have given him a big fine and a ban on that basis. In  fact they went much further, and went for a complete character assassination of both him and Ashley Cole, deciding that JT had not only racially abused AF but lied about it in court as well (thereby accusing him of perjury while branding him a racist, and consequently ending his international career). 

I could be wrong here but wasn't this also ongoing during the Suarez situation with Evra or was that after? If so that could've been a big factor for why JT got action taken against him by the F.A.

The Liverpool mob are relentless. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I could be wrong here but wasn't this also ongoing during the Suarez situation with Evra or was that after? If so that could've been a big factor for why JT got action taken against him by the F.A.

The Liverpool mob are relentless. 

No, that was later. It did come up in the programme, as AF played with Jordan Henderson at Sunderland, and he featured at the end, and expressed his shame at the disgraceful stunt the Liverpool players and managers pulled with those Tshirts. What I mean is, he said he had learned from his experience.

7 minutes ago, andy said:

There was one point where they said Ashley Cole "sided" with his team mate...... which shows the mentality of the thing. 

However I think we got to big enough, despite the twitter aftermath from Rio to ignore this stuff. JT clearly has his hands tied and we have ours tied with him. 

All we can do is support the cause as Chelsea supporters, The biggest single issue was the online abuse Ferdinand received and viewers will naturally believe that was from Chelsea supporters unfortunately 

It would not surprise me if it was, sadly.

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

No, that was later. It did come up in the programme, as AF played with Jordan Henderson at Sunderland, and he featured at the end, and expressed his shame at the disgraceful stunt the Liverpool players and managers pulled with those Tshirts. What I mean is, he said he had learned from his experience.

It really was shameless. At least we as a club let the F.A. and the court make the verdict and stayed neutral. What Kenny did with Suarez was completely tribal and just disgusting really. For all they know, Suarez could've said all sorts to Evra, but back him anyway because he's a Liverpool player? f**king shocking. I do dislike the current PC generation today but I really wish that did happen today, because no way would people have sat still with that one. I don't know how Liverpool fans can talk down to us about the Terry situation or the tram when their club did that. And of course, it turns out Suarez called Evra that word several times over and over, clearly knowing what he was doing.  

There is an anti-Chelsea bias in the media. I agree with what has been mentioned in previous posts. Sometimes the bias is more subtle but equally annoying. One example being…Chelsea have spent big this season, bla bla bla!

Reassuringly Peter Crouch has been measured when he says things like “Chelsea have spent big this season albeit on the back of a transfer ban”. These subtle more balanced comments make a difference, it’s just a shame that TV journalists don’t subscribe to the same professional standards that many of us must exhibit in our working lives.

I dont  believe for one second JT uttered any form of racist abuse. I also believe the Ferdinands were victims of this whole thing too.

The previous efforts of people behind the scenes and the media to attack JTs character and cost him his england captaincy failed, so they played a racism card.

All to ger Saint Steven of Liverpool the armband they all felt he deserved. 

After all it was Lamps fault Gerrard was pants often for England right?

5 hours ago, Nibs said:

Honestly wouldn't waste my time watching it.

Lets face it, Anton Ferdinand wasn't all that as a footballer and has always been a bit of a nonentity. He got his documentary now he can slip back into obscurity.

What does Ferdinand's ability as a Footballer have to do with any of this? 

Edited by Celery1989

If it was clear and obvious that he racially abused Anton Ferdinand then I would condemn him all day long, trust me, but it just isn’t. He’s not an angel by any means & he’s done things I’d disagree with, but no matter how many people want to call JT a racist, there isn’t sufficient enough evidence. Nothings changed about the evidence from 8 years ago, did Terry admit to using the words? Yes but in reference to denying what he said Anton accused him of saying. All we have is a clip of Anton giving him grief and JT uttering words that are blocked out by Ashley Cole’s head. I still think it’s possible he said ‘I never called you’.....or maybe he didn’t, but the view is obscured. So the wet wipes of this country (plenty of them) will condemn him without the evidence which is typical but there you have it. 

Edited by Floyd25
12 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

If it was clear and obvious that he racially abused Anton Ferdinand then I would condemn him all day long, trust me, but it just isn’t. He’s not an angel by any means & he’s done things I’d disagree with, but no matter how many people want to call JT a racist, there isn’t sufficient enough evidence. Nothings changed about the evidence from 8 years ago, did Terry admit to using the words? Yes but in reference to denying what he said Anton accused him of saying. All we have is a clip of Anton giving him grief and JT uttering words that are blocked out by Ashley Cole’s head. I still think it’s possible he said ‘I never called you’.....or maybe he didn’t, but the view is obscured. So the wet wipes of this country (plenty of them) will condemn him without the evidence which is typical but there you have it. 

This is how I have viewed things since day 1, and nothing has given me reason to think differently ever since. I still don't believe Terry said anything racist to Ferdinand, and why should I believe that with no evidence? Until somebody can come up with evidence that proves Terry was being racist to Ferdinand, then I will continue to say Terry is innocent and he has been treated appalingly ever since. Even when he has been cleared in court, he has never been allowed to forget it. Once you are accused of something like this, it never leaves you, even if you are innocent, and Terry has been living proof of that since the day it happened. You can't talk about Terry without the majority labelling him a racist.

33 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This is how I have viewed things since day 1, and nothing has given me reason to think differently ever since. I still don't believe Terry said anything racist to Ferdinand, and why should I believe that with no evidence? Until somebody can come up with evidence that proves Terry was being racist to Ferdinand, then I will continue to say Terry is innocent and he has been treated appalingly ever since. Even when he has been cleared in court, he has never been allowed to forget it. Once you are accused of something like this, it never leaves you, even if you are innocent, and Terry has been living proof of that since the day it happened. You can't talk about Terry without the majority labelling him a racist.

To have played 700+ games and captained and coached multiracial squads with zero suggestion from any player ever (including AF) that they heard him making a racial slur is pretty strong evidence to me that Terry is not a racist.

I remember at the trial various black team mates gave testimony about JT's character, stating they were convinced he is not racist. The Guardian then ran a story noting that some squad members didn't submit such a statement and concluded that they thought JT was racist.

22 hours ago, Celery1989 said:

What does Ferdinand's ability as a Footballer have to do with any of this? 

He only got to do a documentary because he used to be a footballer (and he's Rio's little brother).  I'm just pointing out that he wasn't a very good one!

Could never stand the bloke - and that's nothing to do with his colour.