Chelsea v Man City (LC-FINAL) Sun 24th Feb 16:30 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Thought we grew into the game and they all look fired up which was good to see.

Notwithstanding, Kepa's performance prior to shootout was a disgrace and indefensible. Another reason I'm rapidly losing interest in the sport.

Imagine a batsman refusing to walk or Eddie Jones's directives being ignored...bad example to all.  

He's a brat that I don't want to see wear the shirt again... Hopefully Sarri gets some proper backing now.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This is a total overreaction. Where was this reaction when Willian disrespected Conte last season straight after the F.A cup, and during interviews not long after? Only a few of us were calling him out on it at the time and others were downlplaying it. His behaviour was much worse, at least Kepa did what he did because he wanted to help the team. However wrong it was, it still came from him wanting to help the team.

In open play he refused to follow orders from his Coach. You just can´t do that.

Doesn´t matter if wanted to "help the team", he did the opposite.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

This is a total overreaction. Where was this reaction when Willian disrespected Conte last season straight after the F.A cup, and during interviews not long after? Only a few of us were calling him out on it at the time and others were downlplaying it. His behaviour was much worse, at least Kepa did what he did because he wanted to help the team. However wrong it was, it still came from him wanting to help the team.

Quite. This is v redeemable. Am reminded of the media and public’s reaction to beckham sending off in 98 vs Argentina. He went from public enemy number 1 to the nation’s mascot and golden boy (way too far the other way imo) as all was forgiven within months.  

Yeah I think there is a bit of an overreaction. I definitely believe he should be punished through a fine, being dropped for a few games, and/or publicly apologizing, however, I think benching him for the rest of the season or sacking him from the club is too far. People get sacked from clubs for drug use etc. Being overly aggressive in punishing him doesn't send the right message imo.

Great performance by the boys and the manager overshadowed by Kepa.

And that revealed the real problem at Chelsea for years: players power. I think not just Kepa but the whole team acted disgracefully towards the manager.no one backed the mananger, all seem to agree qith what Kepa did. It was embarrassing to see players' mutiny at a club of Chelsea stature.

I wil not be surprised if Sarri walks after this. Tough action by the club required here

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

Yeah I think there is a bit of an overreaction. I definitely believe he should be punished through a fine, being dropped for a few games, and/or publicly apologizing, however, I think benching him for the rest of the season or sacking him from the club is too far. People get sacked from clubs for drug use etc. Being overly aggressive in punishing him doesn't send the right message imo.

For me, as long as he apologises, then I am fine to carry on like normal. Maybe a fine or being dropped for a game would be a way to teach him that what he did wasn't right, but to sell him like some people are saying is massively overreacting.

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I actually wanted Willian bombed then, and i also found his smiling and laughing with Pep Guardiola as soon as we lost today a disgrace as well. Does this guy not realise who pays his wages.

I didnt even know it was possible to refuse a substitution. I was praying the ref pulled him off. Poor Caballero, the guy was distraught. He was most likely being brought on regardless of Kepas injury. And he would of saved Agueros pen. 

After feeling so proud of that performance. I cant even get closure on the loss of a cup, because of what that prat did.

We cant sell him, hes still our number one keeper. Although there has to be some sort of punishment.

14 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Unpopular opinion: We may be better off with Willy starting a few games. Kepa in my view doesn't really have any great features as a keeper. He's too short to dominate aerially and he doesn't save that many shots. 

Willy is an awful keeper. Let’s not forget the constant brain farts that have led to silly goals his whole career.

Just now, Oli said:

I didnt even know it was possible to refuse a substitution. I was praying the ref pulled him off. Poor Caballero, the guy was distraught. He was most likely being brought on regardless of Kepas injury. And he would of saved Agueros pen. 

After feeling so proud of that performance. I cant even get closure on the loss of a cup, because of what that prat did.

We cant sell him, hes still our number one keeper. Although there has to be some sort of punishment.

Especially as we can't buy anyone to replace him for the next year.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

For me, as long as he apologises, then I am fine to carry on like normal. Maybe a fine or being dropped for a game would be a way to teach him that what he did wasn't right, but to sell him like some people are saying is massively overreacting.

We are never selling our record signing when we don’t have a reliable back up option, facing a 2 year transfer ban and wanting to be a top 4 club. 

It’s just another embarrassing chapter in a disasterous season. 

Just now, WhiteWall said:

I actually wanted Willian bombed then, and i also found his smiling and laughing with Pep Guardiola as soon as we lost today a disgrace as well. Does this guy not realise who pays his wages.

This is why I said Willian's action were much worse. He wasn't sorry for what he did at the end of last season, he's never apologised for it, he's openly joked about it. Kepa made a mistake, he was wrong to do what he did, but it came from him wanting to help the team. 

15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I wanted Willian out then and still do now. He is one of the problem players on our squad imo.

1 minute ago, stevo said:

Anything less than the sack is Not acceptable for team like Chelsea. I can’t believe people are saying he should be let off. 

And replace with who?

we don’t have CL football and won’t have for a long time it seems so to sack a £70 million investment would be absolutely ridiculous given the current ban we face. 

We as a club can not afford such a loss anymore. It won’t be happening 

Usually i'll bash sarri for his tactics and selection and all but today he got them right. The whole team performance was great, Kante was just amazing, covered literally the whole pitch, hazard in his unfavoured false 9 played great, Back 4 looked solid, jorginho played well, except for the pen, but oh well

Neither kepa nor sarri handled the keeper situation right, kepa should of gone but also if sarri wants him off don't back down and give into kepa, get some of the players to physically get him off.

To everyone saying oh if willy was in we'd of won or he'd of saved aguero's pen, who knows if he would of even gone the right way, hindsight is all well and good but don't come up with some stuff like that

4 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Listening to Sky and i must say that i pretty much love everything that JT has said today. This guy has to form part of our backroom staff for years to come and develop his management credentials here

We need him. What has he said?

3 minutes ago, stevo said:

Anything less than the sack is Not acceptable for team like Chelsea. I can’t believe people are saying he should be let off. 

Nobody is saying he should be let off, some of us are saying that selling him and calling him a c**t and a twat is a total overreaction. Why does it have to be most extreme reaction? can people not make mistakes now?