coco

Chelsea v Man City (LC-FINAL) Sun 24th Feb 16:30 UK

Couldn't watch it today and sounds like a bit of craziness at the end, but it's very encouraging to read the reactions on here as it sounds like we're back to being one of the top sides in Europe. We sound as if there's nobody going to stop us wining the UEFA Cup and clinching 4th or quite probably 3rd. Credit to Sarri because he sounds to have fixed every problem except the goalkeeper in a week. I know I've missed the game but you guys have made me want to crack open a few beers and celebrate!!

If we won, Kepa/Sarri thing wouldn't matter much. But we lost and when you lose, all the good things tend to be forgotten, and when you win, all the mistakes are ignored, both for obvious reasons.

Kepa should have been removed from the pitch by senior players, it's embarassing that they allowed it to get to that point.

As for the performance, I'm actually proud of the team, it was terrific effort. Too bad, it ended in a loss, but these things happen.

Disappointed to lose. We got there with one shoot out and lost it with another.

Dave ain't no captain though. Sarri made a big mistake keeping him as captain. As many have said JT would have insured Kepa left the field. Who knows who wins in the sudden death cause the first 5 should have ended 3-3.

Our most expensive ever signing embarrassing our club and sarris personal pick missing an penalty that may see his boss sacked.

Chelsea circus not football club.

Kepa was out of order. Surely the officials should've booked him though? 

Let's not let it detract from from what was otherwise an

excellent performance. 

Jorginho's pen looked bad, but we all loved it when it went in against spurs, so I guess we can't have it both ways. At least he stepped up. 

I never thought Luiz would miss, but penalties are a lottery anyway. 

Kante was not human in that match. He was absolutely everywhere.

Sarri will get a stay of execution, at least until Wednesday. It was one of the only times this season, he has shown a little pragmatism, and his subs were what I would've done aswell. 

Insane that Kepa refused to come off. Absolute brain fade. So many on the fence about him already but that won't help his cause at all. Particularly when he didn't save that soft pen. Might be another 70m wasted folks.

Agree with Ernie. Terry would have chucked him up the tunnel. What was Dave doing?

I can't believe what I'm seeing with my eyes, I was really happy with the players performance and now I'm seeing these antics after the match and during penalties. 

What a f**king joke of a squad we are right now. 

Would kepa have been told before hand that if it was close to pens he would be subbed. Sari saved a sub for that reason. 

David luiz was to soft with him, 

Edited by strangebutblue

I thought that was a mammoth performance from us and we could have nicked it, a few wrong choices when chances arose. Taking nothing away from City again they could also have won it. Not one for the neutrals more for connoisseurs of the game. 

Credit to our fans in the ground too.

I'm gutted with that, I really am. This is worse than the cup final defeat against Arsenal 2 seasons ago. We played so well defensively in the 1st half and then were the better team from the 2nd half onwards. To lose after playing so well for so long hurts more than getting outplayed and beaten.

Nobody is to blame for the defeat, the goalkeeper situation was ridiculous, but it didn't change anything, penalties always has and always will have a huge amount of luck involved in it.

This one is painful though, it's like another bad mark on what has been one of the most miserable seasons I can remember. 

Absolutely gutted. A great performance overshadowed by Kepa refusing to leave, f**king bollocks should've saved the Aguerro pen, he should be dropped for a few games at least, can't go against the manager like that. 

My boy Kanté for me MOTM, what a f**king beast. 

A much improved performance than we've shown recently.

Thought Kante was outstanding for us today.

We seemed to ' find our way' into the game.

Gutted and probably will post later as I try and think about the game .

Edited by erskblue