coco

Chelsea v Man City (LC-FINAL) Sun 24th Feb 16:30 UK

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Nobody is saying he should be let off, some of us are saying that selling him and calling him a c**t and a twat is a total overreaction. Why does it have to be most extreme reaction? can people not make mistakes now?

At least it cane from a place of passion and wanting to give his all fit the team, even Jorginho had tears in his eyes which indicated he gives a sh*t at least, he was wrong but I’ll take a bit of passionate insolence over diva behaviour like Willian under conte  

Kepa's incident has two sides to it: on one hand it is a misunderstanding between Kepa and the bench as Kepa possibly misinterpreted the pending substitution as a move to protect him, and therefore he signaled he is OK and no substitution is necessary.  On the other hand, it shows that players do not fully trust the manager and believe that they know better (remember the recent remark from Hazard -I do not care what the manager says ).

Had we won, I think it would be paper over the cracks and many people would rush to conclude that all is pinky and sweet at the club.

I still believe that Sarri is out of his depth and his maniacal insistence on playing Jorginho in every game seriously annoys me.

I was specifically watching Jorginho play today, and his passing is average at best and it is criminal how easily he loses possession and does not make any attempt to recover lost ball.

Yeah...fine him a few grand, demote him the bench for a few games ...that'll teach 'em.

I'd go further and make him park in the visitors car park, wash his own kit and buy his own laces. Not for too long of course....have to remember he's a superstar after all.

Good job by Sarri to contain that. Whatever the reason we saw that ugly incident on the pitch be it nerves or a misunderstanding or player being a douche,the club will and should handle it internally and Sarri didn't give the useless media any more fodder to fuel the fire with. 

On to the next one. The  sh*t from the lane...

3 minutes ago, stevo said:

That wasn’t a mistake. It’s total arrogance and disregard for the manager and the team. 

I agree that its no mistake but i dont think it arrogance. I just think its so childish and amateurish its ridiculous. Like watching kids football. Maybe if Sarri had have taken him off Kepa's mum might have coem ontot the pitch to have a go at the manager. Totally amateurish.

14 minutes ago, stevo said:

Anything less than the sack is Not acceptable for team like Chelsea. I can’t believe people are saying he should be let off. 

Are you talking about Kepa or Sarri?

To those who demand fines and dropping from the team and all other types of punishment for Kepa:  if you think that punishment is a great motivator, then I feel sorry for you.

Respect and trust is earned by effort and achievement, not instilled by fear. A smart manager would shape Kepa's passion into a positive development and commitment to the team.

If you still think that caning is the way to go, then remember Conte who  tried the same approach with Costa and look how it ended for both of them.

10 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Everyone coming home from the match feeling proud of the team and the effort they put in while here the keyboard warriors knee’s jerk rapidly while the demand the head of their lastest scape goat. 

Get a f**king grip of yourselves!

Err not at all actually. Pretty much every Chelsea fan feels proud of the club today and we all know that the game was pretty much there for us to go on and win it. The fact still remains that you cannot undermine the whole structure of the way the game is run. If players start refusing to go off for substitutions, what next.

Edited by WhiteWall
spelling

2 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

To those who demand fines and dropping from the team and all other types of punishment for Kepa:  if you think that punishment is a great motivator, then I feel sorry for you.

Respect and trust is earned by effort and achievement, not instilled by fear. A smart manager would shape Kepa's passion into a positive development and commitment to the team.

If you still think that caning is the way to go, then remember Conte who  tried the same approach with Costa and look how it ended for both of them.

Good lord.

13 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Everyone coming home from the match feeling proud of the team and the effort they put in while here the keyboard warriors knee’s jerk rapidly while the demand the head of their lastest scape goat. 

Get a f**king grip of yourselves!

Think when you look back most people are actually proud of the team to be fair.

There's a lot of debate around the Kepa thing.

You'll always have kids and that on a forum and they'll grow up to be as grumpy and as balanced as the rest of us. 

If Sarri was so adamant that he wanted to substitute Kepa, why didnt he do it after the final whistle (before the penalties). The fact that he kept him on makes me think it could have been a misunderstanding. 

3 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

If Sarri was so adamant that he wanted to substitute Kepa, why didnt he do it after the final whistle (before the penalties). The fact that he kept him on makes me think it could have been a misunderstanding. 

Do the rules allow a sub after time has expired but before pens?

I turned it off the second Sterling scored so seen nothing if the after. Did they make any mention of the offside called against Hazard ?

My initial thing was it should have been let on and checked after ? Like was done against us ?

I know it makes no difference and probably got no mileage because of the Kepa lad.

I strongly feel that could have been sarri's masterpiece completed with the last substitution. we need a new captain next season.

Edited by mojo

9 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

Once the final whistle goes, you go with what you have no extra subs allowed.

10 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

I thought about this as well, but if you think about it what else could Sarri do. He is under the microscope anyway. He has also been undermined and embarrassed in public. If he then digs his heels in and puts Willy on and Willy has a sh!tter, everyone would be calling for the sack. Whether intentional or not, he has actually played it quite welll and let the kid dig his own grave.