Sign in to follow this  
Old Shaggy

Emma Hayes

Tbh with the lunatics that run this club and some of the desicions they make it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they appointed Emma at some stage...

13 hours ago, dkw said:

If she's deemed to be the best applicant for the job then she should get the job, simple as that really. 

If she's deemed the best applicant then I might as well put in my application too, at least I have experience coaching a mens team. 

12 minutes ago, evissy said:

In years time this will happen. You'll see. Personally I have no problem with it. Best and the most fitting manager gets the job. Not talking about Hayes and Chelsea exclusively. 

It already has. Corinne Diacre.

She at least had playing experience and started off in a less high pressure environment to make up for her lack of experience in the mens game. 

I doubt it would work out... And sadly it's not because I doubt Emma (or any woman, for that matter) has it in her.

We all know how big footballers egos can be. Be it throwing tantrums, playing like they don't give a rat's arse whenever they feel like they're being unfairly treated, editing people out in photos... I could go on and on.

I don't think it would work because you just know there's always going to be some arse in the dressing room who will be against being lead by someone who they find "inferior", whatever and however stupid their reason might be.

I hope it happens some day (be it Hayes or any other woman being appointed as a manager for any club).

I think the most telling thing about this is everybody will be laughing at us if we hired her. Shows that sexism in football still exists. Last night at work someone was pissing himself showing me the article.

If she has the skills and tactical knowledge I don’t see why not.

Womens football is pretty much at the level of non-league men's football, the quality is nowhere near as good, the pressures are nowhere near as high. Giving Lampard the job off of 1 season in the championship would be bad enough, this would be equivilant to hiring a non-league manager straight into the top job. By all means let her start by managing the youth teams and work her way up, but absolutely not for the main job right now.

Edited by Zeta

33 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I think the most telling thing about this is everybody will be laughing at us if we hired her. Shows that sexism in football still exists. Last night at work someone was pissing himself showing me the article.

If she has the skills and tactical knowledge I don’t see why not.

Mate, no one would be laughing at her cause she is a woman. They will be laughing cause she has no experience in the mens game whatsoever. Not even at youth level. 

Some of the same posters calling for Sarri to be sacked, calling him a fraud, constantly highlighting his failures to win any trophies, would have no objection to us replacing him with an interim manager who hasn't managed in the sport before. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/amp/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

Reigning world champions USA women got beat 5-2 by dallas u15 boys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6881715/manchester-united-women-beaten-9-0-by-salford-youth-team-triggers-vile-sexist-abuse-on-twitter/amp/

united women beaten 9-0 by mens salford youth team.

The standard is so far behind premier league football, it would be an insane appointment. Emma hayes could very well be a success, but there us no way on earth she is the best candidate for the job. 

I think the most important thing to do with a situation like this is to ignore the gender/race/religion etc of the applicant and just look at their skillset, record and history of managing a team of the same or similar standard.  If you do that, the simple answer is that Emma Hayes isn't anywhere near the level we should be looking for in a manager.

Could she be successful?  Absolutely.  But so could anyone.  You have to hedge your bets and go with what is more likely to give you a positive result.

Now if you take gender in to account, this would be a fantastic appointment in terms of publicity and gender equality.  However, if it then went wrong and she was sacked quickly, we'd be a laughing stock and it would damage us as a club and Emma as a manager.  If she was successful however...  Wow.

I’m a female coach like Emma Hayes, hence the username, creative eh ?? Coached both men’s and women’s football for local teams at youth level, under 16. Without a doubt men’s football is a higher level, but that’s a positive for me, less coaching as they’re good enough! I’m more hands on coaching girls due to the quality difference and they’re less tactically informed than men. In Emma’s case, perhaps it’ll be nice to have some world class quality. However dealing with millionaires personalities, and the scrutiny she could face will be a problem. Indeed a female being a football manager can be a strange concept to some, I’ve always been a football geek since a young age, didn’t win many friends in school for that mind! I’ve seen some Chelsea ladies games and some interviews of Emma’s and she’s tactically brilliant, and has a great understanding of the game. 

However I’m not going to be biased towards her as a fellow female coach and say she deserves the job as we’re in a transitional period and Sarri deserves more time to rebuild, who’s done a solid enough job and met expectations all things considered, got top 4 and has a chance of a trophy next week. Got rid of some deadwood, brought quality players in and implementing a new style which I believe just needs a bit more extra quality to compete. If Sarri leaves in 2-3 years with us in a good shape, maybe it’s the time for Emma. But in a transitional period, it’s not worth the adaption for her and scrutiny it would bring. 

On 21/05/2019 at 10:10, A320 said:

I doubt it would work out... And sadly it's not because I doubt Emma (or any woman, for that matter) has it in her.

We all know how big footballers egos can be. Be it throwing tantrums, playing like they don't give a rat's arse whenever they feel like they're being unfairly treated, editing people out in photos... I could go on and on.

I don't think it would work because you just know there's always going to be some arse in the dressing room who will be against being lead by someone who they find "inferior", whatever and however stupid their reason might be.

I hope it happens some day (be it Hayes or any other woman being appointed as a manager for any club).

This only shows how much work still has to be done to overcome prejudices. BTW the ability to battle big egos is more a personality thing than a gender thing, or a racial thing.... Not all women can do it, certainly, but equally not many men can either.

No thanks. I don't care about her gender but the level she's been coaching at. 

The level of female football is laughably bad. The gap is just too big. 

If a female wants to coach a top male team she should become a manager, assistant or coach at a male lower league club and work her way up. 

13 hours ago, Valerie said:

This only shows how much work still has to be done to overcome prejudices. BTW the ability to battle big egos is more a personality thing than a gender thing, or a racial thing.... Not all women can do it, certainly, but equally not many men can either.

Gender and personality traits have a connection with eachother though. Men generally are more dominant and assertive  then women.

Doesn't mean there aren't dominant women ofcourse but it does narrow down the group of women who would be cut out for a managerial position at a top club. 

People forget our current manager started from the lower depths of the Italian leagues! You can start anywhere, if you work your way up and have the ability

1 hour ago, Hazard10 said:

The level of female football is laughably bad. The gap is just too big.

On 21/05/2019 at 11:15, Zeta said:

Womens football is pretty much at the level of non-league men's football, the quality is nowhere near as good

Have you guys actually watched any women's football recently? I hadn't for years (and it was terrible back then), but then I saw the Champion's League semi between Lyon and City live last year, and frankly I was extremely surprised by how much better it is now than it used to be. It's not PL level yet, but I'd have put it at around Championship level. Crowds were huge, even the local men's ultras had turned up to lend their support, and there was a great vibe with a crowd full of kids wearing their favourite players shirts and screaming their heads off. It made me change my mind about women's football very quickly.

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

That is so untrue...

It's not, actually.  There are plenty of studies.  It obviously doesn't mean every man is more dominant and assertive than every woman.  But as a generalisation, it's true.

2 hours ago, Kentonio said:

Have you guys actually watched any women's football recently? I hadn't for years (and it was terrible back then), but then I saw the Champion's League semi between Lyon and City live last year, and frankly I was extremely surprised by how much better it is now than it used to be. It's not PL level yet, but I'd have put it at around Championship level. Crowds were huge, even the local men's ultras had turned up to lend their support, and there was a great vibe with a crowd full of kids wearing their favourite players shirts and screaming their heads off. It made me change my mind about women's football very quickly.

Womens football a the top level is very impressive, and at times much better to watch than the cynical diving, cheating sh*te we have to put up with from the top mens teams.