Chelsea vs Spuds (PL) Wed 27th Feb 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

21 hours ago, coco said:

Play Conte-ball for 60 mins, then Sarri-ball for the last 30. 

When Spuds lose it's usually later in the game when they lose it. In their worst defeats to the like of Burnley they conceded to on 57 and 83 mins, Wolves 72, 83 and 87 mins, Arsenal 56, 74 and 77 mins, Watford 69 and 76 mins,

Love the sound of that. If we can keep it tight in the early stages, reckon we'll have enough chances to grab 2 goals after the 60 min mark. Hoping for a 2-1 win tonight! 

I'm more nervous for the game tonight than I was on Sunday - this match is so important. There's no doubt that they're going to be their usual cheating, fouling, diving selves, especially since they're coming off the back of a defeat to Burnley. A lot of their players up their game against us too.

A criticism that I've had of us this season is that we've not been nasty enough and showed enough fight. We've been too nice. Whoever our team is tonight need to be up for a scrap from the off! 

It's my dad's birthday today (lifelong Chelsea fan), so I'm headed to his to watch the game later. Hopefully the Chels can give him a lovely birthday present and smash those dirty b*sta*ds! 

Come on Chels!

On 25/02/2019 at 06:17, Strider6003 said:

If Kepa kicks down the field as well as playing out from the back it confuses the opposition, hopefully we use this tactic again it certainly helped Jorginho yesterday.

Agreed - those "mid range" passes he chipped right over the press to our midfield, RLC in particular, were absolute gold.

Some have suggested dropping Kepa for this yet I strongly disagree, we need to win this match against a top 4 competitor and for that you play your strongest team. Fulham would be the match to play Willy if a point needs to be made not Spurs, IMO.
If we don't play Willy today, we should just forget about it. It will be pointless to play him against Fulham.

well? does Kepa play or is he dropped?

I'm baffled - first they come out and say they spoke and are happy that it was a simple misunderstanding and then Sarri fines him a week's wages. Surely you don't fine somebody when you've agreed it was a misunderstanding?

to be honest I think the club is in a mess despite the great performance on Sunday, there's so much wrong at Chelsea it needs a really strong leader to sort it out. We don't have any strong leadership at all, on or off the pitch.

Just now, carrickblue said:

well? does Kepa play or is he dropped?

I'm baffled - first they come out and say they spoke and are happy that it was a simple misunderstanding and then Sarri fines him a week's wages. Surely you don't fine somebody when you've agreed it was a misunderstanding?

to be honest I think the club is in a mess despite the great performance on Sunday, there's so much wrong at Chelsea it needs a really strong leader to sort it out. We don't have any strong leadership at all, on or off the pitch.

I think they accept that it was a misunderstanding, but at the same time, Kepa handled it wrongly, that is why he was fined by the club.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I think they accept that it was a misunderstanding, but at the same time, Kepa handled it wrongly, that is why he was fined by the club.

I know that's the line they're taking but really??? I'm fearful that the club are papering over the cracks - just hope it all works out tonight and we get a win but I'm really fearful that if Spurs score first we'll collapse again.

I love supporting Chelsea :laugh2: