THE ALAN HUDSON STORY

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

He said: “I thought they were something special when I was a kid and then I met Chelsea chairman Brian Mears and found out he was a f****** idiot.

“I left Chelsea when I was 23 and I loved it when they were relegated the following season. Football is like a marriage. If you break up because they’re bad to you, you’re bad back to them.

“When I was in a coma, Chelsea didn’t even send my mum a bunch of flowers.

“I still haven’t made my peace with them. I went back when they spread Osgood’s ashes on the pitch but I’d never do it again. I couldn’t be hypocritical.

Hudson said: “Chelsea have given me absolutely nothing.

Edited by bluehaze

He was flogging his book “ The working mans ballet” from a stall on Fulham Broadway about 10 years ago. Bought a copy- average read but didn’t talk very kindly about the club.

Edit: Bumped into him and had a chat in a pub in Kensington Church St about 5 years back. I think he was staying in some sort of halfway house round the corner at the time.

He was wearing his CWC medal on a chain. Given his dislike of the club and financial situation I was surprised he hadn’t sold it.

Edited by Ewell CFC

34 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

He was flogging his book “ The working mans ballet” from a stall on Fulham Broadway about 10 years ago. Bought a copy- average read but didn’t talk very kindly about the club.

Edit: Bumped into him and had a chat in a pub in Kensington Church St about 5 years back. I think he was staying in some sort of halfway house round the corner at the time.

He was wearing his CWC medal on a chain. Given his dislike of the club and financial situation I was surprised he hadn’t sold it.

Its tragic that a former player of his popularity should feel like this about the club. Roman built a few bridges (no pun intended) when he arrived so maybe this should happen for Huddy. The crowd loved him. He was a special player.

The fact he still wears his CWC medal leads me to believe he still has soft spot for the club.

24 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Its tragic that a former player of his popularity should feel like this about the club. Roman built a few bridges (no pun intended) when he arrived so maybe this should happen for Huddy. The crowd loved him. He was a special player.

The fact he still wears his CWC medal leads me to believe he still has soft spot for the club.

Agree the club might be able to redeem the situation, good news story for the 'nasty Russian' owner Abramovich too.

I had an Alan Hudson poster on my bedroom wall, gutted when he left for Stoke. A top player who has a great story to tell.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t do himself any favours regarding Chelsea Football Club but I sincerely hope this film gets made.

Thinking about it, modern players are so boring in comparison.

I read The Working Man's Ballet a few months ago.  I didn't realise that he'd started having injury problems so early in his career, on the other hand, he often didn't seem to do a lot to help his own cause.  He seemed to have resentment and jealousy towards the youngsters who "made it" after him, and the club in general.  

The documentary could certainly be interesting, but I wonder if it will be too focused on Hudson's point of view, rather than a balanced picture.

All I remember from the book was a spell at Stoke when he reckoned he was the best midfielder in the country.

Cant recall the details of how he got mowed down other than it was on Whitechapel Rd, which is one of the widest roads in London.