Chelsea vs Wolves (PL) Sun 10th Mar 14:05 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Wolves to get a double win in the league against us in over 40 years...We still can't score we still can't defend at all, and it shows as soon as a more decent opponent comes to play us, home or away it doesn't matter.

You’ve changed your tune in the last 45 minutes...

5 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

the amount of people on here saying we cant play football under Sarri is astounding. Where have you been the past few weeks? 

We cant. A good result against Spurs, and a resolute display vs City in the final doesn't change that we have been woeful for  ages now.

Sometimes you have to just accept that a certain manager or player isnt cut out for either the elite level, or for a certain league, and from what we have seen Sarri and  some of his signings appear  to fall into that category.

1 minute ago, CFCCAN said:

I think you're over optimistic Kev, given the dross we've dished up today Sarri has once again put himself under the spotlight to get canned. If a manager can't motivate his players for an important game like this and what it means to the club to play in the CL then he has to take much of the blame.  He ought to have known by now how teams come at sit deep at the Bridge and play on the counter. He should know what is required to beat them which is not the slow pedestrian dross dished up for the 80 minutes so far.

We had the chance and f**ked it up

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You’ve changed your tune in the last 45 minutes...

At least I don't pretend that the team didn't try to play how Sarri wants them to play. Wolves had 1 shot in total and that was enough for them to win the game, this shouldn't happen every single time because the team did try their best. Why the goal never came is a question nobody can answer but the team did play much better than Wolves and created many more chances.

1 minute ago, Dr Gonzo said:

I genuinely don't think he does. All he focuses on is playing exactly the same week in, week out.

You need to change the style dependent on who you're playing. He's too stubborn and just not good enough.

I don't want to praise Solskjaer because he get's enough praise at the moment, but when we played against City, he was there and watching how we played, he then got his tactics spot on to beat us in the FA cup. Sarri doesn't adjust the tactics enough, he did it against City and Tottenham because he knew we would get another hammering if he didn't, but the games against the rest of the division he just gets them playing the same predictable football.

2 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

I think you're over optimistic Kev, given the dross we've dished up today Sarri has once again put himself under the spotlight to get canned. If a manager can't motivate his players for an important game like this and what it means to the club to play in the CL then he has to take much of the blame.  He ought to have known by now how teams come at sit deep at the Bridge and play on the counter. He should know what is required to beat them which is not the slow pedestrian dross dished up for the 80 minutes so far.

We had the chance and f**ked it up

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This one is all on Sarri for me. He should have known how Wolves would set up, how they play away from home against the top teams, and Sarri has done nothing to combat it. He's just sent the team out to play the same slow possession football that has got us nowhere for the last 5 months. Does he even study what other teams do? 

from what we've seen this season he doesn't seem to take any account of the opposition's strengths or weaknesses - he just wants everyone to play the way Jorginho does

a couple of decent results had moved me away from "Sarri-Out" but when you watch this game and see the same pattern we've seen again and again since Christmas, I think he's a dead man walking  

No doubt the teams been clueless in the final 3rd.

But you have to give some credit to Wolves although they do defend 90% of the game.

Sarri has to find a way to play better against teams that park the bus for 90 mins..