coco

Chelsea get Top FOUR

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

By being less sh*t than the rest in the last month. Any other season from the same position we were in a few weeks ago, and we don't make top 4.

Pretty much, the form table since the beginning of March has us 3rd, Arsenal 11th, Man Utd 13th and Tottenham 14th.

our rivals have been slipping up for a while now and we have failed to take advantage on a number of occasions but this time chelsea managed to stay on their feet !!

5 minutes ago, fitz said:

This must be what it feels like to win a race because everyone ahead of you fell over. 😜

Yep. But happy to take it. Wouldn't have bet a penny on the decider at Leicester.

And even when we are average we still manage to be the best team in London!

Posted (edited)

I can't decide whether Arsenal are turning into Spurs, Spurs are turning into Arsenal, or they are both turning into Manchester United .... 🙂

All three are reminding me of this :

Edited by Sexyfootball

An absolutely vital outcome for us if we're going to avoid slipping away from what we've been accustomed to. Still a huge struggle ahead with a 25 point gap to somehow make up whilst quite possibly having a transfer ban and being minus our star player.

24 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Bet you 100% we draw Real Madrid next season.

I hope we do!!

At the end of the day, everyone is falling apart but we won a difficult game 3-0 when it mattered after being in Germany on Thursday night. We deserve it. 

24 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Bet you 100% we draw Real Madrid next season.

It's the one team we never ever get isn't it. It'll be on the cards then

Posted (edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, and for pissing unnecessarily on our bonfire, but if the Arse win the Europa League, but finish outside the top 4, that means they will claim a Champions league slot due to winning the Europa League, and the team in fourth spot in the Premier League lose their automatic Champions league place, which, if we slip up against Leicester could be us ?😳?......as only 4 champions league places are allocated per country ?

Edited by Paulus

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, and for pissing unnecessarily on our bonfire, but if the Arse win the Europa League, but finish outside the top 4, that means they will claim a Champions league slot due to winning the Europa League, and the team in fourth spot in the Premier League lose their automatic Champions league place, which, if we slip up against Leicester could be us ?😳?

How many more times is this incorrect bollocks going to be posted? :smack_head:

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, and for pissing unnecessarily on our bonfire, but if the Arse win the Europa League, but finish outside the top 4, that means they will claim a Champions league slot due to winning the Europa League, and the team in fourth spot in the Premier League lose their automatic Champions league place, which, if we slip up against Leicester could be us ?😳?

I thought this aswell, but it would have to be a champions league winning team finishing outside of top 4. There is now no possibility of us finishing 4th arsenal 3rd, and spurs 5th. So we are guaranteed cl football. 

Get in! Back where we belong! 

Sarri has managed to improve on last season’s 70 points with 1 game to spare, and has also got us back into the top 4. And he’s done it with a very stale squad inherited from Conte. You’d have to say this season has now been a success and has given us a great platform to build upon. Fingers crossed that we can get this transfer ban delayed for a window. 

Absolutely ridiculous that Sarri has had to endure some of the criticism he’s received from some fans,  especially considering it his first season at the club and in a new league. 

Hopefully he’ll get some credit now from those fans, but I’m already reading comments that we only made it because the we were a little bit less $hit than the rest. 

It doesn’t matter what the other teams have done, all that matters is that we have secured top 4. And we’ve done it with 71 points which is enough to get top 4 in most seasons. We’ve earnt it.

Sorry Old Shaggy, I've obviously missed a few posts.........I had heard that the rules had changed for next season, and that the fifth spot would be given to the lower tier countries out of the Eng/  Spain/  Italy Germany group and go to France etc ?

1 hour ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Just bc they won the trophy? EL winner doesn't kick anyone out anymore

If they beat us in the final, winning the trophy and getting CL football they’ve had a better season than us.

Is 4th place still CL qualifying or is that not a thing anymore?  Besides the obvious prize money benefits and finishing higher than f**king Spurs, that would be a third reason to get a good result at Leicester.

I'm a negative nancy and didn't really believe we will do it, but well done to  Sarri and the team. It's been a tough season but a Top 4 finish with a chance for the Europa league is a decent outcome overall. We have to improve next season though!