7 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Crazy this guy was playing for Wigan last season. They must have felt so lucky to have him.

The stalker in me visited a Wigan forum to see what they thought of him and many were saying he was the best player to have ever played for the club. They loved him.

From what I saw last night he is definitely quality. He has many qualities but the quality with which he strikes the ball cannot be taught.

He needs to nail down a spot. Is he a right back or a right sided midfielder? He could probably even play on the right in a back three. To become a top player he needs to develop his identity. For me I think Frank should play him as a marauding right wing back. He can defend and attack so it's just a case of him having the energy to fulfil the requirements of such a demanding position. I think Frank can put him in now and play Dave on the left.

5 hours ago, Andy North said:

The stalker in me visited a Wigan forum to see what they thought of him and many were saying he was the best player to have ever played for the club. They loved him.

From what I saw last night he is definitely quality. He has many qualities but the quality with which he strikes the ball cannot be taught.

He needs to nail down a spot. Is he a right back or a right sided midfielder? He could probably even play on the right in a back three. To become a top player he needs to develop his identity. For me I think Frank should play him as a marauding right wing back. He can defend and attack so it's just a case of him having the energy to fulfil the requirements of such a demanding position. I think Frank can put him in now and play Dave on the left.

He doesn't have to be a RWB. Ashley Cole was great at the offensive and defensive side of the game without being anything more than a LB. I believe Reece James can be the same. He was like a mix of Ivanovic and Ashley Cole against Ajax

17 hours ago, Deino said:

He doesn't have to be a RWB. Ashley Cole was great at the offensive and defensive side of the game without being anything more than a LB. I believe Reece James can be the same. He was like a mix of Ivanovic and Ashley Cole against Ajax

Go careful comparing him to Ivanovic on this forum as many think he was rubbish. Ivanovic was brilliant for Chelsea for years.

I'm not sure about the terminology but in my eyes Ashley was a bit of left wing back for Chelsea. He could defend, attack and run with the ball, so the comparison is fair. Reece seems a bit bigger than Ashley so I question if he can cover the same amount of ground. On his day Ivanovic would cover a bit of ground as well. He scored some important goals for Chelsea and was very good in the air. I haven't seen Reece do this so far.

He needs game time and I think Frank will give it to him now. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he started against Palace this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Andy North said:

Go careful comparing him to Ivanovic on this forum as many think he was rubbish. Ivanovic was brilliant for Chelsea for years.

I'm not sure about the terminology but in my eyes Ashley was a bit of left wing back for Chelsea. He could defend, attack and run with the ball, so the comparison is fair. Reece seems a bit bigger than Ashley so I question if he can cover the same amount of ground. On his day Ivanovic would cover a bit of ground as well. He scored some important goals for Chelsea and was very good in the air. I haven't seen Reece do this so far.

He needs game time and I think Frank will give it to him now. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he started against Palace this weekend. 

Easily one of the best RB's we've ever had, especially at the beginning stages.

But his dropoff towards the end was incredible, he was just dire in the last season or 2

I thought he looked ponderous when he came on as sub a few weeks ago (no surprise coming back after injury) but looked a yard sharper on Teusday.

Tho his crosses didn't find the target, he looks like a natural striker of the ball and his acuracy should improve with time.

He's got the lot. Barring injury that's us sorted for best part of a decade 

Edited by Crapbag

Terrific debut from the young man, absolutely bullied Zaha for the whole game.

I reckon he’ll be living in Zaha’s head rent free for the rest of the weekend, he’ll be waking up having nightmares of Reece tonight. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a player throw his toys out the pram quite like that due to getting nothing out their opposition, made me laugh!

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Terrific debut from the young man, absolutely bullied Zaha for the whole game.

I reckon he’ll be living in Zaha’s head rent free for the rest of the weekend, he’ll be waking up having nightmares of Reece tonight. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a player throw his toys out the pram quite like that due to getting nothing out their opposition, made me laugh!

It's actually quite common with Zaha. James getting the better of him didn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

True, he’s sh*te and I might actually cry if we sign him.

I'm not sure why he is hyped up as often as he has been, it's been going on since his Championship days. He's not had a consistent season in his career yet and he hasn't even scored a goal this season.

If he was a young player, he would be described as a raw talent, he has looked that way since his first few years of senior football. If we are going to spend the cash on a winger when the transfer ban is over, I think there are much better and cheaper players we can go for.

Just knew this lad was going to be an absolute beast of a player for us.

Is going to be a crucial part of the first team for many years to come - so glad he is CFC.

Edited by Nibs

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not sure why he is hyped up as often as he has been, it's been going on since his Championship days. He's not had a consistent season in his career yet and he hasn't even scored a goal this season.

If he was a young player, he would be described as a raw talent, he has looked that way since his first few years of senior football. If we are going to spend the cash on a winger when the transfer ban is over, I think there are much better and cheaper players we can go for.

Bizarrely he is 27 now too. Seems to have been a raw talent forever. The whole Palace system is set up for him to score goals and he has been dire. Literally a poor mans CHO.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Just knew this lad was going to be an absolute beast of a player for us.

Is going to be a crucial part of the first team for many years to come - so glad he is CFC.

He was great yesterday. Masterclass from Frank to pick someone with pace on that side. He got great help from Willian and Kante but he handled Zaha's speed with aplomb. Good work going forward too. I have a feeling Dave may spend some time on the left this season.

I think he was really dominant against Zaha.. but lets give him time.. there was one instance at 1-0 when he overplayed in our box and we almost got caught out .. like Tomori i think this would have crept into his game in the championship given some of the quality they faced which meant they got away with it at that level... having said that the more he plays the more he will re-calibrate the risks he can take in possession.. but great game probably should have had an assist..