This kid is going to be, and i choose my words carefully, As good as 'Ash'he has everything, just needs experience, he'll be regular England right back, because he can bloody defend...

Edited by Ballack & Blu

Everyone bangs on in the media about how good TAA is. James can do everything he can do, but actually defend and offer a physical presence. Unreal player.

Lets not forget he's two years younger too. 

Edited by RIP Mourinho

35 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Everyone bangs on in the media about how good TAA is. James can do everything he can do, but actually defend and offer a physical presence. Unreal player.

Lets not forget he's two years younger too. 

Wouldn't quite go that far - TAA's diagonals are up there with De Bruyne's.

Agree with everything else - James also looks more comfortable on the wing than TAA imho (another reason we don't need Sancho :laugh2:)

1 hour ago, the special one said:

Agree with everything else - James also looks more comfortable on the wing than TAA imho (another reason we don't need Sancho :laugh2:)

Given how good James is defensively, it will be an absolute waste playing him on the wing, or even wingback for that matter.

17 hours ago, the special one said:

Did you see Reece's diagonals at Wigan? Incredible. 

Long term I dont see TAA playing as a RB I think he will most likely be pushed further forward and play as a Right Winger, this will suit England greatly as it would allow England to play both TAA and Reece James in the same team.

8 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Long term I dont see TAA playing as a RB I think he will most likely be pushed further forward and play as a Right Winger, this will suit England greatly as it would allow England to play both TAA and Reece James in the same team.

I could see Reece at CM for England. 

16 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Can't see that atall, at club level Salah has that spot for atleast 5 more years and international level it's Sancho's. Furthermore Liverpool would be mad to move him, being great going forward as a fullback doesn't always translate to success when moved higher up, just ask Alves.

6 minutes ago, Argo said:

Can't see that atall, at club level Salah has that spot for atleast 5 more years and international level it's Sancho's. Furthermore Liverpool would be mad to move him, being great going forward as a fullback doesn't always translate to success when moved higher up, just ask Alves.

I cant see Salah staying at Liverpool for 5 years

TAA offers so much going forward yet he is a liability defensively, think if Liverpool were to either buy a Right Back or someone from the youth setup came through who was defensively sound TAA may be pushed forward into a RW or CM role.

43 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

MOTM for me, his balls into the box and the comfort in which he plays is incredible. Its like he's been in our starting 11 for years. 

Shame we can't have two of him. 

He was clearly knackered by the end of the game which is the only draw back from his performance. 

9 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Shame we can't have two of him. 

He was clearly knackered by the end of the game which is the only draw back from his performance. 

Big injury to start the season and barely played since coming back so obviously his fitness isn’t as good as it should be right now. 

He can be a great attacking player, his crosses at times are lethal, he should have had at least one assist today. His defending worries me a bit though, he just seems to be a bit lazy when it comes to defending. He never really looks concentrated when defending and I rarely see him busting a gut to stop a player from getting a cross in.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He can be a great attacking player, his crosses at times are lethal, he should have had at least one assist today. His defending worries me a bit though, he just seems to be a bit lazy when it comes to defending. He never really looks concentrated when defending and I rarely see him busting a gut to stop a player from getting a cross in.

There was a point in the first half where the ball was on the left and Antonio moves in to the space behind him. Reece eventually looked back and clocked him but then still let him get in front and if it wasn’t for Kepa he’d have buried a free header. He needs to work on that big style. 

He’s a beast going forward though, some of his runs today reminded me of prime Brana but with a decent cross at the end! Flat track bully!

He seems to run out of steam around the hour-mark so that he really needs to work on. Because towards the end of the game he stopped overlapping and couldn't keep up defensively either.
When he's fresh he's great though so i expect him to be great when his cardio gets better.

Snodgrasses cross that should've put West Ham 1-0 up in the first half was also down to Reece James's poor defending, not tracking his man. That cross gave West Ham a lot of momentum and from that point we were sh*t from the rest of the game and West Ham finished the first half with a satisfactory performance believing they can win the game.