Jump to content

Reece James


PloKoon13
 Share

Recommended Posts


I'm not sure long term if Reece will stay as a RB, think he might end up as an understudy to Willian next season when not required as RB.

Lamptey looks to me like he might be a RB yet between the two we seem really well covered at RB.

Love the physical side to Reece's game though a couple of refs recently thought he was too physical.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wearyourblue said:

If you had to pick one player in Blue to have to fill all 10 spots it has to be James!

He’d probably do a job in goal too. 

 

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm not sure long term if Reece will stay as a RB, think he might end up as an understudy to Willian next season when not required as RB. 

If he moves anywhere it’d be in to central midfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Too short for goal 😉

I don't contrary to popular opinion see him as a midfielder despite his natural inclination to move inside.

He played central midfield for Wigan last year for 3/4 of the season and won their player of the year. He has the attributes to be a word class right back, he wont be switching positions anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Every cross feels like a big opportunity with him. He looks capable of getting a couple of assists a game.

He put in TEN crosses today .. and CHO 8 ... vs the left side of 2 from Azpi and 1 from Willian ... 

That right flank looks frightening if they can be consistent, and do it in "big games" as well ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Jackbuchanan said:

I'm calling it. Within 2 years Reece James will be regarded higher than TAA, will be Englands number 1 RB and possibly the worlds best in his position. The kids a star in the making.

Call it all you will but personally I think TAA is the world's best right back and will be for the next 5 years. I'll be more than happy enough if RJ is 2nd best. 

TAA is so good though that he may end up being a right midfielder, similar to how Bale made the switch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

He put in TEN crosses today .. and CHO 8 ... vs the left side of 2 from Azpi and 1 from Willian ... 

That right flank looks frightening if they can be consistent, and do it in "big games" as well ...

Burnley are a poor side. 

James lacks pace and mobility, tbh, and Hudson Odoi isn't great at tracking back. I could see it as a weakness for other teams to exploit should they choose aggressively attack down that side. 

 

His crossing is good, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody else feel that TAA is overrated because of the front three Liverpool have and the system working so well? 

I personally believe Reece James is already just as good as TAA, but doesn't have the fortune of a well oiled system and clinical goal scorers to provide for. 

Both are good going forward, but imo James edges it on the defensive side. Reece will only get better too. I am hyped for his progress. 

Edited by enigma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Burnley are a poor side. 

James lacks pace and mobility, tbh, and Hudson Odoi isn't great at tracking back. I could see it as a weakness for other teams to exploit should they choose aggressively attack down that side. 

 

His crossing is good, though. 

Then you have the pace of strength of Rudiger behind him, our right hand side is really good atm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


42 minutes ago, enigma said:

Anybody else feel that TAA is overrated because of the front three Liverpool have and the system working so well? 

I personally believe Reece James is already just as good as TAA, but doesn't have the fortune of a well oiled system and clinical goal scorers to provide for. 

Both are good going forward, but imo James edges it on the defensive side. Reece will only get better too. I am hyped for his progress. 

Forget Trent for a minute, there's some poor United fans who think Wan Bissaka is better. They're in for a very rude awakening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think we are making the most of his crossing ability. 

Yesterday Tammy scored from the high cross he delivered almost on the touch-line, his other crosses are like dinked balls and mostly easy for defenders to read.

They could work better if a runner can be accurately found yet think they should be doing much more damage than is currently the case.

Good to see him get MOTM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!