You can totally say this was inexperience popping up. And it was a single moment. He was under tremendous pressure whole game and he stood up. And we are talking about the best player in the League Sadio Mane and the best left-back in the league Robertson coming at him. 

He is the biggest talent out of this generation without a doubt. I see only him and Mount as a part of Chelsea let's say 5 years from now. But unlike Mount who is a hard-worker and not that talented, Reece is the real deal. 

Edited by Droopy
1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

Could we of not used him in midfield and kept Lamptey for right back? seems a shame we had to lose Lamptey.

Good point; Reece could have then go on to be our Kimmich.

Edited by ducavis
2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Could we of not used him in midfield and kept Lamptey for right back? seems a shame we had to lose Lamptey.

Maybe. But who was going to make that decision in January and if you were Tariq Lamptey would you have gone for it?

He was the one who wanted out and it was a fantastic decision that he made. 

16 hours ago, Brutos said:

Completely loss Mane for the goal was on his heels 

image.thumb.png.d3e14d74199e3a0008c6ccea3db5ea2c.png

No he didn't he was in the other half of the pitch when the Henderson made the pass. If anything Jorginho should drop deeper to create a back 3 but most of the blame is on Christensen for letting Mane get goal side of him. 

Being super critical, Zouma got caught being square on and was slow to react to the ball through leaving Christensen isolated to deal with Sane alone seeing as there wasn't another Liverpool player within 30 odd yards of the pass, if Zouma gets tighter Christensen might escape the red card. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

No he didn't he was in the other half of the pitch when the Henderson made the pass. If anything Jorginho should drop deeper to create a back 3 but most of the blame is on Christensen for letting Mane get goal side of him. 

Being super critical, Zouma got caught being square on and was slow to react to the ball through leaving Christensen isolated to deal with Sane alone seeing as there wasn't another Liverpool player within 30 odd yards of the pass, if Zouma gets tighter Christensen might escape the red card. 

I think the error was the space between the CBS created with both FBs forward..

there were only 3 ways we avoid the situation-

1st) the midfield and fwd line start pressing but given the general tactics of the match we were unlikely to press high.

2nd) the moment we lost possession the CBS should have switched on tracking the fwd players .. but AC didn’t see the run.. also the CBs needed to drop deeper.. you can’t play a high line with no pressure on the ball.,.

3rd) The keeper needed to step up and play sweeper keeper.. by taking a higher starting position.. 

of the above points - point 2 and 3 should have happened.. mane literals ran in front of AC for him to realise what was happening.. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I said the goal not red card for Mane header he might aswell be a lamp post on the kings road.

It still absolutely blows my mind the level of fan boying that James gets. Defensively he is a total liability. He’s just simply not good enough to be starting for a team like Chelsea, especially with a player like Azpilicueta in that position. He has been directly involved in conceding 3 goals in our last 2 games. For all his promise in his attacking play, he needs to learn how to defend first and foremost. He needs to sit out a while. No other defender at the club would get us much slack turning these types of defensive performances. It’s championship level defending.

I agree that he gets overhyped and I too would start Azpi as of now. But he is still very young and has already improved this season compared to last, which is encouraging. If he improves his defending and awareness, which usually comes with age, we've got one hell of a RB on our hands. And offensively he's a weapon.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

It still absolutely blows my mind the level of fan boying that James gets. Defensively he is a total liability. He’s just simply not good enough to be starting for a team like Chelsea, especially with a player like Azpilicueta in that position. He has been directly involved in conceding 3 goals in our last 2 games. For all his promise in his attacking play, he needs to learn how to defend first and foremost. He needs to sit out a while. No other defender at the club would get us much slack turning these types of defensive performances. It’s championship level defending.

I said as soon as I saw him play that Lamptey was our best RB yet already Lamptey he was on his way.

James is defensively weak and sometimes seems to foul to compensate, I can see him getting the odd Red if he is not careful.

He gives us so much pace down the Right that others don't, he also seems to be our best player at crossing though today the crosses were less effective. He is solid in the challenge and not easily knocked off the ball. 

He is a risk at defensive corners often not seeming to watch the ball and today it looked like he played WBA onside for the third. 

Before we crucify lets also recall that wonder goal he scored at Brighton, I think he is still a WIP. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I agree. He shouldn't be a regular starter yet, it's too soon for him. 

We don't need to rush it, we have a perfectly capable right back in Azpilicueta and James can keep learning and getting games here and there. I think we are asking for trouble if we start him for the majority of the games this season. He will gain experience, but it will cost us with results and could actually hurt his confidence going forward.

32 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I said as soon as I saw him play that Lamptey was our best RB yet already Lamptey he was on his way.

James is defensively weak and sometimes seems to foul to compensate, I can see him getting the odd Red if he is not careful.

He gives us so much pace down the Right that others don't, he also seems to be our best player at crossing though today the crosses were less effective. He is solid in the challenge and not easily knocked off the ball. 

He is a risk at defensive corners often not seeming to watch the ball and today it looked like he played WBA onside for the third. 

Before we crucify lets also recall that wonder goal he scored at Brighton, I think he is still a WIP. 

Actually I think that man is still Dave, albeit James has great potential, as does Lamptey.

Just now, Brutos said:

Lamptey is out shining him at the moment. He was as at fault for the first goal 

You cant compare them they play different positions in different formations, Lamptey has licence to come in field and play football, Reece has to run the line with defensive obligations.