3 hours ago, Argo said:

Reece's displays for England on the last break have been miles better than any of Trent's for his country. If that carries on he should be starting ahead of him.

True, but Trent nearly scored from inside his own half yesterday. That makes him much better - just ask any Liverpool fan. 

On 20/10/2020 at 18:51, Gol15 said:

Shame it doesn't give the number of back and sideways passes....he'd be 1st in that category too.   Good young player and still learning his craft but I wish he'd play the ball forward more instead of being half way up the pitch and looking to pass backwards; the back 4 seems to have fallen into this habit a lot recently and is killing the forwards momentum.

On 15/10/2020 at 08:08, Scott Harris said:

He should be hitting double figures easily for assists from crosses. He's fully capable of getting as many assists as Alexander-Arnold and Robertson.

The thing with his crosses for me is that not many reach the pace of those by Alexander Arnold.

They cross with pace, James's crosses rarely have that pace of delivery. 

39 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I have noticed his ball control have improved immensely this season. You’d be forgiven for thinking he’s a winger not full back.

Seems that he’s a gained a little pace and burst on the ball too. Constantly going past people.

He has started the season very good, the biggest improvement is in his defending ability, last season he had moments that his positioning was poor and he was late for tackles. But this season he's totally different as a defender, in the attack he's the same baller. 

I see him as a Kimmich type, he started as a RB at Bayern, he had a good technique, he could put a great cross and find a shot, in the last 2 season he moved to the CDM and looks fantastic there.

Maybe Reece James is made of this style, he's only 20 Y/O, he has a long way to go. Potentially he can be the best RB in the league.

7 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

He has started the season very good, the biggest improvement is in his defending ability, last season he had moments that his positioning was poor and he was late for tackles. But this season he's totally different as a defender, in the attack he's the same baller. 

I see him as a Kimmich type, he started as a RB at Bayern, he had a good technique, he could put a great cross and find a shot, in the last 2 season he moved to the CDM and looks fantastic there.

Maybe Reece James is made of this style, he's only 20 Y/O, he has a long way to go. Potentially he can be the best RB in the league.

i think he will do better with his crossing at the rb.. though he did play a lot in the central position during his time at wigan, he would be a waste there.. also most managers need their wingers to tuck in centrally at times to stretch the play... his experience as CDM will come in handy... but i wouldnt want him to move centrally.

9 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

My MOTM tonight. 

He's starting to nail down that right back position as his own now. 

Looks to be building a good partnership with Ziyech who are both whipping in quality crosses from the right hand side. 

Terrifying for defences now with those 2, got to contend with Ziyech cutting inside or James overlapping and whipping crosses in.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Terrifying for defences now with those 2, got to contend with Ziyech cutting inside or James overlapping and whipping crosses in.

And they don't get a break on the left side either with Chilwell and Werner/Pulisic doing the same there. 

James and Chilwell are both key to the way we play and they are both doing fantasticly well so far this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Another comfortable game for England last night and wouldn't surprise me if he is first choice in either rb or rwb come next summers Euros.

Has really improved his defending this season showing that he is a very good learner (good tutor in Azip).

Nice rest now as he can't play the next two England games should have him nice and fresh for us at Newcastle.

was watching the Spurs match and Walker was awful. losing headers to Bergwin and Moura.. zero end product and constantly giving the ball away.. he is already so much better than the senior English RB in all areas..