Reece James

PloKoon13

5 hours ago, Term_X said:

The article states Reece is one of the lowest paid players in the team, which is probably right, so I imagine his agent is engineering a new deal.

I don't think that's quite true as he's on £100k a week, but he is surely one of the lowest paid in the starting 11.

A symptom of bringing youth up is that we will have to keep raising their salaries as they get better I guess.

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

I don't think that's quite true as he's on £100k a week, but he is surely one of the lowest paid in the starting 11.

A symptom of bringing youth up is that we will have to keep raising their salaries as they get better I guess.

Yup. Agents gonna agent. I think he'd be at least after parity with CHO at 120k pw I assume, give he you know is actually in the starting team. Matter of fact I'd suggest suggest few players might think that.

On 27/06/2021 at 00:01, Spiller86 said:

Yup. Agents gonna agent. I think he'd be at least after parity with CHO at 120k pw I assume, give he you know is actually in the starting team. Matter of fact I'd suggest suggest few players might think that.

Yea that Cho contract really f**ked us, Marina disasterclass right there.

3 hours ago, Term_X said:

Yea that Cho contract really f**ked us, Marina disasterclass right there.

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

It's probably more down to CHO than to Marina. 

At the time he was one of the hottest prospects in the game and was threatening a move to Bayern. Looking back as Champions League winners it feels a bit silly but at the time, we had a transfer ban and he looked one of our best hopes.

Anyway safe to say he won't be getting that when his contract is next up.

It was CHO's brother that completely took us to the cleaners. We had no option to agree or face losing him on a free.

It was also CHO's brother who sent Bayern Musiala anyway, as he was also his agent, and on a free. So he screwed us over both ways, as Musiala right now looks in the top 3 teenagers in world football. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

37 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Me either. He’ll have to get one for everyone he wins now - he’ll run out of room…

It's too big and he's too young, unless he keeps putting the years of future CL titles under the trophy...

I've never understood why people in this modern age are so obsessed with having things expensively drawn all over themselves, typically in locations where they can't even see them ...

Back in the late 80s/early 90s, all you had to do for some free ink was fall asleep at a house party ... with the added advantage that it would wash off after a few days .... 🙂

• 1 month later...

So frustrating last night seeing him hug the touchline, get in some good advance positions to keep checking back and passing backwards!

Needs to start getting the ball in the box nice and early before defenders get a chance to set themselves for the likes of lukaku to attack. Also we need someone else attacking them and the only other attacker we have with an aerial threat would be Kia so for me he has to play if your playing Reece as WB. 

I think last night highlighted why we were after Hakimi. James has great delivery, but he doesnt have that 1v1 ability or pace to get by players frequently, and with Alonso on the other side, it meant we werent able to hurt them in wide areas. 

I was all for James playing more at right centre back, but there were some objections to this because some posters think it would take away from his crossing game, which is ironic since Azpi's cross from right centre back actually won us the game last night. 

Would this system be more dangerous with wing backs that have pace and can dribble effectively, like Hakimi, and Davies? 

Possibly something to consider in the future, even if it means bringing in a rotational option that can provide those characteristics, like Livramento or Lamptey. 

32 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

So frustrating last night seeing him hug the touchline, get in some good advance positions to keep checking back and passing backwards!

Last night, it felt like that was a tactical instruction. There was a reluctance from all of our players to put crosses in for large periods. 

On 15/09/2021 at 10:35, big blue said:

I think last night highlighted why we were after Hakimi. James has great delivery, but he doesnt have that 1v1 ability or pace to get by players frequently, and with Alonso on the other side, it meant we werent able to hurt them in wide areas.

Early on whenever he was in space, could run on to a good ball and get at a defender the pass was always sh*t, never in front of him and made him have to double back to receive it. He just seemed to give up on it all after 20 minutes.