Chelsea vs Brighton (PL) Wed 3rd Apr 19:45 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Better late than never I suppose, but so frustrating Sarri has taken eight months to pick the kind of side he should use against a side like Brighton at home...Callum unsurprisingly looked the part...as for Eden, we will miss him for sure.

Halle-f**king-lujah!!!

Well what do you know. We actually put out the side many of us have been asking for all season and we look a different team.

It's not rocket science. I know we will have fixtures coming thick and fast but I just pray we start the same team against West Ham on Monday. 

For once Sarri picked the right players, and result and performance showed. The non regulars really showed up and put their hands up. Emerson was not brilliant, but he played like a normal left back and didn't let Brighton trouble us down his flank, and in doing so Luiz didn't have to come out defending on the left like he had to do when Alonso was there ( or not there). RLC put more of an attacking threat than Barkley and Kovacic together. CHO just looked so comfortable, and keeping finding space with his movement. He's happy to pass, cross, shoot, unlike the other 2 who tend to be very one dimensional. Giroud is the best striker in the team right now, he's dragging couple of defenders in to open up space, put in some great passes, and knew where he'd go to score. This is one of those rare games where Hazard didn't have to do everything, and when he's on the ball, he's in the right spot to cause maximum damage.

24 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I agree we played well last night though would like to see that team face Utd (better counter attack) and Liverpool (good pressing game) and then assess if we still think that is our best team.

I don't need to see that - I KNOW that is our best team and have done for ages!!

Let's hope the penny has finally dropped for Mr Sarri!

You can see how effective Jorginho is when he has time, unfortunately in the PL you don’t get much, but watching that you can see why city wanted him.

I realise it’s not American football and we can’t block for him but I’m sure tactically there is a way to employ kante right infront of him or someone to hold the ball for a second allowing him to move and get an extra second on the ball when teams try to press him? 

Its amazing how the team players so much better when Sarri plays the best players he has. Absolutely astonishing and amazing. Who'd have thunk it, huh. Also, coming here is so much more pleasant after a performance like yesterday than 2 weeks ago after Everton... or City away... or Bournemouth away...

8 hours ago, Jezq8 said:

Great win the line up I predicted and wanted to start actually started.

its still gonna be a tough task to finish top4. But you never know if we can at least go on a run we might just get it.

If Sarri uses the same team as yesterday going forward, I think we make top 4. 

5 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

You can see how effective Jorginho is when he has time, unfortunately in the PL you don’t get much, but watching that you can see why city wanted him.

I don’t think it’s the time and space that helped him, it was the players moving more. Lots of one/two touch pass and move, what Sarriball is all supposedly about. 

We still had periods of the same old statues but it was a big improvement. 

17 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I don’t think it’s the time and space that helped him, it was the players moving more. Lots of one/two touch pass and move, what Sarriball is all supposedly about. 

We still had periods of the same old statues but it was a big improvement. 

That’s a good point, and I think Ruben and CHO added a bit of energy, we could do with a few high tempo players we look extremely lethargic on many occasions 

On 03/04/2019 at 13:36, ducavis said:

That means he is back to the bench for West Ham.

Only criticism I have of Sarri tonight is poor game management. We were 3-0 at 68mins; wrap CHO, Hazard & RLC in cotton wool for the weekend. Come weekend his excuse will be CHO is tired after playing 90mins & RLC can’t manage 2 games in 4days. We will probably be back to dross at the weekend because of this.

CHO is 18, I don't think we need to worry about minutes for him.  Sarri is never going to win, is he?  Take CHO off and folk would be screaming about minutes/game time.  Let him play the full 90 and he should have been managed better for future games?  Who says he was going to start against WHU anyway?

On ?04?/?04?/?2019 at 19:13, M.M.B said:

You can tell people were happy with the win last night. There have been 264 logged on the last 24 hours.

Agreed. Hopefully we carry the positivity into the next game v West Ham on Monday night.

So Tuesday is again, a happy place on here.