coco

Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (EL) Thur 11th Apr 20:00 GMT

Amazing how much some will read into a performance that has no relevance whatsoever. Job done is all that matters, and you gotta love the economy of it. We almost shouldn’t have wanted a good performance tonight. 

Chelsea fans in the news again caught on video chanting against Mo Salah with derogatory   racist chants, why can’t they get over this right wing sh*te and just watch football. 

I never understood  it travelling thousands of miles to watch and support black players then try and make a show of how racist you are? Confused arseholes, think Bill Bright is a role model, I wonder if they know the Chelsea top boy from the right wing days used to shag young lads? Maybe even black ones 

37 minutes ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Should we rename this The Negativity Forum. I'm past fed up with it. Good to see two scapegoats combining to give us an edge come next week.

13 minutes ago, Dean said:

Amazing how much some will read into a performance that has no relevance whatsoever. Job done is all that matters, and you gotta love the economy of it. We almost shouldn’t have wanted a good performance tonight. 

In response to both, I guess it depends on what you want out of watching your team. If it's merely success for the reflected glory of supporting the wining team then tonight was a good night.

If you watch your team as a source of entertainment whilst hoping that they are successful then tonight and most of this season (and quite a lot of the last couple of seasons) has left a feeling of disappointment and been severely lacking in entertainment.

For me personally I'm increasingly feeling cold watching us. I've never felt so little attachment to so many of our players and rarely felt so much as if watching us play is something I feel obliged to do through loyalty rather than through excitement and pleasure.

We certainly all have our own feelings about how and why we watch our team. It's good to know that there are people who do enjoy what they're watching still.

26 minutes ago, Dean said:

All down to team selection Dean. 

I didn’t read through the entire thread so I’m sure it was already mentioned, but Pedro was shockingly bad today.

Happy with the win and away goal though, we are in control coming into next week.

7 hours ago, Snedger said:

In response to both, I guess it depends on what you want out of watching your team. If it's merely success for the reflected glory of supporting the wining team then tonight was a good night.

If you watch your team as a source of entertainment whilst hoping that they are successful then tonight and most of this season (and quite a lot of the last couple of seasons) has left a feeling of disappointment and been severely lacking in entertainment.

For me personally I'm increasingly feeling cold watching us. I've never felt so little attachment to so many of our players and rarely felt so much as if watching us play is something I feel obliged to do through loyalty rather than through excitement and pleasure.

We certainly all have our own feelings about how and why we watch our team. It's good to know that there are people who do enjoy what they're watching still.

Point taken. My point is that even if we were playing the football you crave, the level can’t be sustained through every match and it’s great to win the occasional game with a lacklustre performance and minimal effort.

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Point taken. My point is that even if we were playing the football you crave, the level can’t be sustained through every match and it’s great to win the occasional game with a lacklustre performance and minimal effort.

I’d certainly agree with that. Unfortunately of recent times grabbing a win despite a mediocre or less type of performance isn’t an occasional thing but more the norm. I did enjoy the West Ham game. Hazard aside it wasn’t amazing but it was a lot more pleasurable to watch than the majority of our games this season.

8 hours ago, DidierDidier said:

I don't think players misplacing passes all over the pitch had anything to do with Sarri. This performance was on the players in my mind.

If they were misplacing passes in a one off game., I'd agree. But when the team has been struggling with the system for most of the season, it's the manager, who's at fault. It's April already. When are they finally going to master whatever it is he's trying to implement in training?

56 minutes ago, abramovich said:

If they were misplacing passes in a one off game., I'd agree. But when the team has been struggling with the system for most of the season, it's the manager, who's at fault. It's April already. When are they finally going to master whatever it is he's trying to implement in training?

When he’s had a proper full preseason...

:laugh2:

I fell asleep during the second half last night. 

I think that's as good a commentary as any on how entertaining we were. 

Happy to get the win and hopefully we see a more convincing performance in the return leg. 

I think Slavia should get credit for their gutsy performance rather than criticising our players. We did well last night to bring away a clean sheet and an away goal. Some in here can only drop the negativity when we win easily.

In the beginning of the season when we were winning games consistently, I remember Sarri saying we should give his team three months and the team will reach its potential and be a very good team.
I think the way we are playing since December is the best we can be under Sarri or better still, those three months indirectly meant three years or three seasons.

30 minutes ago, EmeraldBlue said:

I think Slavia should get credit for their gutsy performance rather than criticising our players. We did well last night to bring away a clean sheet and an away goal. Some in here can only drop the negativity when we win easily.

Gutsy is when your team costs a tiny fraction of your opponent's and you're doing your absolute best defending for dear life against wave after wave of a much classier opposition. 

Last night you'd have real trouble figuring which side was which.

11 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Chelsea fans in the news again caught on video chanting against Mo Salah with derogatory   racist chants, why can’t they get over this right wing sh*te and just watch football. 

I never understood  it travelling thousands of miles to watch and support black players then try and make a show of how racist you are? Confused arseholes, think Bill Bright is a role model, I wonder if they know the Chelsea top boy from the right wing days used to shag young lads? Maybe even black ones 

Right wing? Not really sure what racism has to do with the political spectrum or supporting the conservative party. Have you asked the fans who they voted for since seeing the chants? 

Is it just the right wing that supported nonces or do we ignore the labour party and Patricia Hewitt trying to lower the age of consent to 14? Keep these pages to football and less of that rammel. 

Poor performance, but a great result at the end. I couldn't fault Sarri for picking the team, it's the right decision with the next game less than 72 hours away. I reckon we lost about 90% of all the 50-50 balls, they just too strong for us physically, and we were way off with passing and movement, not sure if that pitch had anything to do with it. The positives were we managed to keep them out, Kepa made some good saves, Willian/Alonso had a good game for once. Disappointed with Kovacic, Barkley, Pedro, didn't step up at all and I guess we will back to that team against West Ham,  with Giroud for Higuain of course.

On 12/04/2019 at 05:46, RIP Mourinho said:

Right wing? Not really sure what racism has to do with the political spectrum or supporting the conservative party. Have you asked the fans who they voted for since seeing the chants? 

Is it just the right wing that supported nonces or do we ignore the labour party and Patricia Hewitt trying to lower the age of consent to 14? Keep these pages to football and less of that rammel. 

I’ve always noticed you make dick comments so I won’t get into it with you, you seem very arrogant and opinionated, you know exactly what I mean by right wing, give your 2 Bob if you want but don’t presume to try and tell people off, today you’re defending the right wing in other posts I’ve seen you accuse people of being homophobic you just want to yip something like a little jack Russle, save it for someone else, my point was these idiots embarrass our club, they are “ultra right wing” and they should stop their sh*t as should you, I’m not here to bicker with people that got bullied at school and want to try compensate by arguing with people on the Internet. 

16 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I’ve always noticed you make dick comments so I won’t get into it with you, you seem very arrogant and opinionated, you know exactly what I mean by right wing, give your 2 Bob if you want but don’t presume to try and tell people off, today you’re defending the right wing in other posts I’ve seen you accuse people of being homophobic you just want to yip something like a little jack Russle, save it for someone else, my point was these idiots embarrass our club, they are “ultra right wing” and they should stop their sh*t as should you, I’m not here to bicker with people that got bullied at school and want to try compensate by arguing with people on the Internet. 

Arrogant and opinionated yet you're the one generalising people within your previous post. Where am i defending right wing and calling people homophobic? Not sure why you have an issue with me calling someone homophobic if that's what they are, weird thing to kick up a fuss about. You still have no idea whether they're 'ultra right wing' or ultra left wing', they're just morons. As for the 'bullied at school' comments, you couldn't be further from the truth but it shows how much i must be in your head if you're having to try and come at me with personal attacks like that. Small minded child you are.