coco

Liverpool vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 14th Apr 16:30 GMT

16 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

the question for me is whether Sarri is learning anything from his first season and can he either re-shape the team or create a strategy that gets us better results.

if the transfer ban holds, we are f*cked with the same squad, less Hazard, Higuain and Kovacic - so what's his plan???

f**ked? We’ll be much better without those two. Nothing players unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

This we got beaten by one of the best teams in Eurpoe with a manager who has been drilling his team for 4 years, we had our chances but didnt take it, we were unlucky hazard should have had a brace simple but we are getting better in the last 5 or so games, some fans just overreact so much is laughable

Thank you too, sir! many of the comments on here are really plumbing new lows.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Scott said:

It's criminal mismanagement that a club that's won what we've won, with an owner as rich as Roman should field the two oldest, most broken down strikers in the whole league. 

Agreed but we did pay alot of money for Morata not long ago , maybe we should have spent the Pulisic money on a center foward instead

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

2 minutes ago, The Chelsea Way said:

Sad truth is away from home this season, in the PL against the top 12, we have scored two goals and conceded 21 goals. Only obtaining  one point (West Ham). Still have MU and Leicester to play. Reality is, manager’s ideology is just that, an ideology only. 

I'd not realised that previously, that is shocking. The total lack of bodies in the penalty area though, means we are constantly looking for the perfect pass to score a goal.

13 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

f**ked? We’ll be much better without those two. Nothing players unfortunately 

I meant more how the squad gets even thinner and we're shut out of the transfer market. Forwards on loan, Tammy Abraham, Michy and Morata. Hardly going to set the PL on fire with those options.

1 minute ago, carrickblue said:

I meant more how the squad gets even thinner and we're shut out of the transfer market. Forwards on loan, Tammy Abraham, Michy and Morata. Hardly going to set the PL on fire with those options.

Abraham will more than likely have over 25 goals this season if not 30. He is deserving of a chance in the first team in my opinion but I agree, we could do with a top class hitman to be first choice. It would be amazing if we could get Icardi, we need someone with an attitude in this team as we’re far too nice. As you say, if we’re locked out the transfer market o think we need to run with Abraham in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

I would rather have Mount and Abraham over Kovacic and Higuain.

5 minutes ago, charierre said:

I'd not realised that previously, that is shocking. The total lack of bodies in the penalty area though, means we are constantly looking for the perfect pass to score a goal.

Just clocked I forgot Watford away which we won 2-1 but even still something is clearly wrong and not down to the players. 

8 minutes ago, charierre said:

14 minutes ago, The Chelsea Way said:

Sad truth is away from home this season, in the PL against the top 12, we have scored two goals and conceded 21 goals. Only obtaining  one point (West Ham). Still have MU and Leicester to play. Reality is, manager’s ideology is just that, an ideology only. 

Wow, that is absolutely terrible.

Disappointing.

We lose 2-0 and Hazard had two good chances in the 2nd half and he blew it, though what can we say, he normally is an outstanding finisher.

I don't think at 0-0 Sarri got his tactics wrong both sides had 1 shot a piece on target at half time.  In the second after they got the first they promptly followed with a second two minutes later. The second had a chance of luck or outstanding ability, not sure myself. 

I would have brought on Giroud not Higuaín, Giroud with his aerial ability frightens defenders and sets up others to score. Higuaín does not look PL standard for me.

Liverpool had a lot of intensity today and at times under pressure we made mistakes, passes being intercepted and wrong choices made on the ball.

It would be wrong to say we were outclassed as we had enough chances to actually win the match though for me Liverpool's football was more dominant and dangerous.

43 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Especially when it’s virtually handed them the title 

You know it's still actually in City's hands right ???

43 minutes ago, Dean said:

Do you understand basic probability? Losing against Liverpool just doesn’t constitute failure. I’m not making excuses. It’s you that is biased and will always find a way to blame Sarri. 

I understand basic probability. What I can't understand is how can anyone defend a manager whose team, according to @charriere, has a record of scoring 4 and conceding 22 goals in the away games against the top 12 sides, with Leicester and MU away games still to come. Does the basic probability law explain why we won two league games coming from behind all season long, both against Cardiff (one of those thanks to the referee's mistakes, by the way)? Does it explain why we scored two goals from corners in the league all season long ( I may be wrong on that, but probably not by much)? How can you genuinely defend those shocking stats? 

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Dont expect much with a false 9 however credit for Sarri that CHO and RLC started.

They are just better than us at the mo and took their chances, we did not. 

Congratulations to the new Champions of England...best get used to it.

Didn't realise Liverpool just won the league after this result 

Yup another rubbish football week.
Arsenal might slip up 2moro. Have a feeling its going to be between the 2 of us for the 4th spot.

Glad Alonso wasn't playing as he would have been lynched in here. Both goals came from our left side and for the 1st Lpool had 3 players waiting on the right for the cross. Awful. Also glad it was Hazard who missed the 2 sitters as Higuain or Willian would have been boiled alive if they missed those.

I think Sarri is playing to the gallery. Good potential and all as they have, neither RLC or CHO were at the races today.

Having said that we have to accept that they were stronger than us today and we have some way to go to become contenders again.

9 minutes ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Didn't realise Liverpool just won the league after this result 

Cardiff, Huddesfield,  Newcastle, wolves. Who do they drop points against?

24 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I understand basic probability. What I can't understand is how can anyone defend a manager whose team, according to @charriere, has a record of scoring 4 and conceding 22 goals in the away games against the top 12 sides, with Leicester and MU away games still to come. Does the basic probability law explain why we won two league games coming from behind all season long, both against Cardiff (one of those thanks to the referee's mistakes, by the way)? Does it explain why we scored two goals from corners in the league all season long ( I may be wrong on that, but probably not by much)? How can you genuinely defend those shocking stats? 

The stats you are referring to are a straw man - I wasn’t talking about those. I was talking about the probability regarding today’s match specifically, which is that Liverpool should win based on facts that have nothing to do with Sarri, and a lot to do with Liverpool being better than us right now. That means you can’t convincingly use today’s result to push your “Sarri is always to blame” narrative. Wait until we get a bad result against a lesser side and you have a better shot at it...

Disappointing loss. 

In hindsight, hazard down the middle was the wrong choice, although hazard started wide left away at spurs and city, and the games were over after 30 minutes, so I can understand why sarri went with hazard up top. It worked pretty well in both games against city, in terms of us being more solid. 

Liverpool are on course for 97 points. They are a fantastic side, that haven't lost a home game in 2 years. 

We are a decent side, nothing more, and we dont travel well. The ability of the players is more of a problem, than the ability of the manager in my opinion. 

I've lowered my expectations now, it feels very much like the early 2000's, where we had some decent players, but overall the quality wasnt enough to mount a title challenge, but we still had a decent chance of a cup run. 

Top 4 is looking less likely now, but I'm sure there will be a few surprises in the last few weeks, so I'm not totally giving up. 

I think frustrations should be aimed at Roman, he has allowed us to significantly decline in the last 2 seasons, he doesnt seem to be that bothered about us dropping down the pecking order, if he was ambitious as he was 10 years ago, alot of these players would never have been signed in the 1st place. 

11 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

City have a game in hand and Wolves have been great against top 6 sides this season.Cardiff and Newcastle you just never know.There'll be scousers down the pub crying their pints yet come May.

11 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

City have a game in hand and Wolves have been great against top 6 sides this season.Cardiff and Newcastle you just never know.There'll be scousers down the pub crying their pints yet come May.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Wolves are on the beach already, their season ended by that semifinal defeat.

Cardiff are rubbish and could not defend their way around a paper bag, rafa wont want to hurt his beloved liverpool. 

That leaves Huddesfield....lol.

Those crying scousers you are seeing are Everton fans I reckon...sadly.

Edited by axman2526