Racist fanbase?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Juan Nil said:

No excuses for some of our behaviour but shows the agenda against Chelsea. I dont re-call any news stories about other teams racism being highlighted as much as is about our fans.

Screenshot_20190618-065231_Sky News.jpg

Unfortunately, we are still paying the price for when we did have a large number of racists who attatched themselves to the club. These days, as with other clubs, it's just one or two morons rather than dozens, hundreds or even thosands involved, so it's extremely unfair of the media to tarnish a clubs name with the old racist fanbase headline.

On league games alone, Utd had roughly 518400 of their fans at the matches. That works out as 0.00522% arrested.  It's commies and pc sh*t stirrers trying to make a big issue out of nothing, because these figures prove we have, bar the odd sad loser here and there, kicked the racist mobs from the grounds.  We should be proud of  the work done since those viile days, instead of still bashing clubs for  literally having fhe odd twat here and there.

13 hours ago, Dixons said:

On league games alone, Utd had roughly 518400 of their fans at the matches. That works out as 0.00522% arrested.  It's commies and pc sh*t stirrers trying to make a big issue out of nothing, because these figures prove we have, bar the odd sad loser here and there, kicked the racist mobs from the grounds.  We should be proud of  the work done since those viile days, instead of still bashing clubs for  literally having fhe odd twat here and there.

I couldn't disagree more. This is how stuff comes back, until it is entirely stamped out there is still work to do... Highlighting that there are still a few dickheads out there is the only way to do it,

1 hour ago, Bonzodog29 said:

I couldn't disagree more. This is how stuff comes back, until it is entirely stamped out there is still work to do... Highlighting that there are still a few dickheads out there is the only way to do it,

It will never be entirely stamped out, because there will always be some morons about. 

11 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

It will never be entirely stamped out, because there will always be some morons about. 

True, but stupidity spreads. So to think that it is gone, or to stop highlighting the small pockets will lead to it potentially returning

4 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

True, but stupidity spreads. So to think that it is gone, or to stop highlighting the small pockets will lead to it potentially returning

With respect, you're not being realistic to think racism at football matches can 100% be eradicated. The game had a serious problem with it and to get it down such miniscule levels has been remarkable! In any other walk of life where unaccetable behaviour was rife, getting it down to 0.00522% would be seen  as remarkable and job done. Unfortunately, addmitting the job is done would mean some jobs being lost by those who have an interest in keeping it a big issue. The clubs continue to keep an eye open and ban the odd moron, and that's all they can do now.

5 minutes ago, Dixons said:

With respect, you're not being realistic to think racism at football matches can 100% be eradicated. The game had a serious problem with it and to get it down such miniscule levels has been remarkable! In any other walk of life where unaccetable behaviour was rife, getting it down to 0.00522% would be seen  as remarkable and job done. Unfortunately, addmitting the job is done would mean some jobs being lost by those who have an interest in keeping it a big issue. The clubs continue to keep an eye open and ban the odd moron, and that's all they can do now.

I agree the clubs and everyone has done an incredible job getting the morons down to such a small amount and they should be credited with that... but I feel the point stands and it doesnt mean its job done... (forgive the analogy) If you were told you only had cancer in 0.00522% of your body would you accept that was job done and hope that it didnt start spreading again or would you want that last bit to be continued to be tackled... 

On ?19?/?06?/?2019 at 09:03, Bonzodog29 said:

There are still Nazis in the world. You'll never eradicate bigoted opinions. All the time there is a diverse culture in society there will be bigots, bullies, and troublemakers.

What never seems to be exercised is Perspective and perhaps it is because sports media as an industry is so over inflated with hangers on and people "cheating" a living that sensationalism becomes a stock in trade, sloppy, weak  journalism and the stereotyping against clubs such as Chelsea is clearly evident.

Racism, anti semitism, religious fanaticism and religious intolerance has existed forever and still exists in every walk of life. We don't see a group of boozy firemen on a night out throwing a black lad off of a train, because it doesn't resonate. Show Chelsea fans doing it and get a double scoop of highlighting bigoted behavior (which should be done) but get eh added bonus of a bit of Chelsea bashing for free, like the club could do anything to eradicate that kind of behavior.

Clough had it right about the Hoolies. There is no such thing as a football hooligan. There are hooligans that go to football. It's a societal issue.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

There are still Nazis in the world. You'll never eradicate bigoted opinions. All the time there is a diverse culture in society there will be bigots, bullies, and troublemakers.

What never seems to be exercised is Perspective and perhaps it is because sports media as an industry is so over inflated with hangers on and people "cheating" a living that sensationalism becomes a stock in trade, sloppy, weak  journalism and the stereotyping against clubs such as Chelsea is clearly evident.

Racism, anti semitism, religious fanaticism and religious intolerance has existed forever and still exists in every walk of life. We don't see a group of boozy firemen on a night out throwing a black lad off of a train, because it doesn't resonate. Show Chelsea fans doing it and get a double scoop of highlighting bigoted behavior (which should be done) but get eh added bonus of a bit of Chelsea bashing for free, like the club could do anything to eradicate that kind of behavior.

Clough had it right about the Hoolies. There is no such thing as a football hooligan. There are hooligans that go to football. It's a societal issue.

I dont disagree with anything you are saying, and yes it is easy to bash football clubs because they are an easy target for "what is wrong with society" etc...

However thats not the point I was making, yes it still exists and yes it will probably never stop existing that doesnt mean you say "well we have it down to a small number so we might as well stop pointing out bigotry" and the job is done, because when you do that it makes it easier for it to grow as acceptable behaviour

3 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Yep. IMO there’s a good few people “ cheating a living “ in Kick it Out too.

A growth industry who’ve extended their original remit from domestic race incidents, to any form of alleged discrimination worldwide. ( not just racism)

Its in their interest to overplay incidents and exaggerate to justify their being.

12 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

I dont disagree with anything you are saying, and yes it is easy to bash football clubs because they are an easy target for "what is wrong with society" etc...

However thats not the point I was making, yes it still exists and yes it will probably never stop existing that doesnt mean you say "well we have it down to a small number so we might as well stop pointing out bigotry" and the job is done, because when you do that it makes it easier for it to grow as acceptable behaviour

Agree totally Bonzo. I guess I would prefer to see the focus pointing in the most applicable direction at any given time. By that I am not demeaning the importance of the work in football to totally eradicate it but I feel that it is an unfair reflection of society if the press are hammering football clubs due to 1% of their fanbase, whilst, say for arguments sake, racism, sexual harassment, etc may rife within, dare I say it the television and entertainment industry.

If you're going to highlight these issues, then I don't think they should be used to also fit another sub-text.

But we're in agreement anyway Bonzo :good2:

41 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Yep. IMO there’s a good few people “ cheating a living “ in Kick it Out too.

A growth industry who’ve extended their original remit from domestic race incidents, to any form of alleged discrimination worldwide. ( not just racism)

Its in their interest to overplay incidents and exaggerate to justify their being.

Dan Levene is easily the worst, interestingly he shat in his own test today on his favourite medium, twitter. Basically slagged of a homelessness guy because he was wearing a new tshirt, only to then be shot down by a twitter account from a help the homeless project saying they had supplied homeless people with new clothes and shoes donated by one of their partners. So he hammers people for judging on skin colour, sexuality etc. Then judges a homeless guy. Shows just how much of a self righteous hypocritical c**t he really is.

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

The scary, even bigger picture is this.  At one time, to be classed as a Nazi you had to belong to a white supremist hate group and at the very least want the 'sub humans' sent back to where they came from. You needed the tatoo's,  give the salute countleess times a day and go out and do what they called  a bit of P**i bashing.  These days, the extremists that are taking over the Labour Party ( i've only ever voted Labuur btw) and the pressure groups will label you one for anything on race or Islam which they see as remotely offensive, or even if you don't agree with thier way of thinking.       These scummy cnuts even wanted Amber Rudd, the lovely, thoroughly decent, liberal Tory, sacked for using the term 'coloured'  when talking about someone. Yes, try and ruin the career of someonne of a certain age just for using an outdated word.  Then you have David Lammy getting away with branding Tory ERG members as Nazis. That race obsessed jerk would make a race issue out of a game of chess. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/30/statement-on-sanctions-against-people-regarding-behaviour-during?cardIndex=0-0

One supporter given a permanent ban and 5 others given fixed term bans of between 1-2 years. 

I think the club have to been seen taking a zero tolerance stance given the club's reputation with racism but my immediate instinct is that we've opened ourselves up to being called out for hypocrisy. We're holding fans to a higher standard than we did with JT. 

We believed that the FA ignoring the CPS verdict was harsh when they issued their own separate punishment and here we are doing the exact same thing to our fans. 

I think we were in a bit of a no win situation with this one. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/30/statement-on-sanctions-against-people-regarding-behaviour-during?cardIndex=0-0

One supporter given a permanent ban and 5 others given fixed term bans of between 1-2 years. 

I think the club have to been seen taking a zero tolerance stance given the club's reputation with racism but my immediate instinct is that we've opened ourselves up to being called out for hypocrisy. We're holding fans to a higher standard than we did with JT. 

We believed that the FA ignoring the CPS verdict was harsh when they issued their own separate punishment and here we are doing the exact same thing to our fans. 

I would imagine these bans are easy to bypass and not strictly enforceable, but at least the bans will make sure if they do get into the ground they'll stay seated and keep their heads down and mouth zipped.

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

They are wrong to say he used racist language when he didn't actually say anything racist. Everybody can see that he said "manc c**t", maybe they need to get better lip readers in because every other lip reader has said he never used any racist language.

He must feel like sh*t right now, he's basically been labelled a racist by the club he supports. A sh*tty move from the club in my opinion, there was no reason to go against the CPS verdict. It's like they are doing this just to please the media.

43 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

They are wrong to say he used racist language when he didn't actually say anything racist. Everybody can see that he said "manc c**t", maybe they need to get better lip readers in because every other lip reader has said he never used any racist language.

He must feel like sh*t right now, he's basically been labelled a racist by the club he supports. A sh*tty move from the club in my opinion, there was no reason to go against the CPS verdict. It's like they are doing this just to please the media.

I totally agree with that you can see what he said you can also see a big black guy 2 seats away laughing, and the CPS have said insufficient evidence.

This club is so concerned with PR it’s not bothered if it’s right or wrong.

Same way there are hundreds of black players in the league who have actually suffered racism but the club spends more time doing tours and or things against  anti-semetic behaviour.

Yet I can’t think of 1 Jewish player in the league, probably less that 0.1 percent of our fan base and something that isn’t even an issue in football, the only people that complain are the same people that chant y*d army about themselves, and y*ddish people aren’t even semites.

This guy has taken a hit for the PR machine and it’s not fair.