Racist fanbase?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Its always hard to accept the truth, people with privilege will never see racism even if it slaps them in th face. When it's comes to club or race only one will win for me simply because unless you lived it you will never see it.

It's pointless debating racism with people who say " so they playing the race card " or" why is it always about race" when it has been, currently is and will continue to be about race for decades to come. Confronting the truth is hurts

6 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Its always hard to accept the truth, people with privilege will never see racism even if it slaps them in th face. When it's comes to club or race only one will win for me simply because unless you lived it you will never see it.

It's pointless debating racism with people who say " so they playing the race card " or" why is it always about race" when it has been, currently is and will continue to be about race for decades to come. Confronting the truth is hurts

Okay, as a 2nd generation Turkish immigrant I hereby declare you're playing the race card. 

Or does my argument from authority not work because I'm not echoeing your sentiments right now? You're accusing people of being apologists for racism for simply defending due process, get over yourself.

17 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Who are these people with privilege. Typical stereotyping again.

3 hours ago, Brutos said:

That's just normal behaviour I don't really expect any less, I only get surprised when I don't see this behaviour and since 27th of a June 2016 the people who use to hide this behaviour are now empowered to do shout it loud and proud.

Anyone who tries to debate the abuse aimed at sterling isn't racist is just in denial.

All footballers get abused but with sterling it's absolutely different and they know it's. The media has planted this seed about him as a person and it's spread consciously and unconsciously. So when you see this....

IMG_1402.jpg.6ee2ef7920175e16a9e8aca308e910ac.jpg

If you believe this is just someome bantering with a player then you are part of the problem.

Singing he runs like a girl is banter.....that picture above goes beyond that.

If you think that photo clearly depicts racism then you're an absolute idiot. I could show you a thousand pictures of white players being treated exactly the same. You're just playing the victim card.

Chelsea hired Sarri and retained JT, but they've thrown this fan under the bus. Shame on them. The CPS didn't have enough evidence to proceed, unlike with JT, but the club have banned him for life. How appalling. If you're a player and you racially abuse someone you get a 6 game ban. Those are the rules. This guy gets life, despite the CPS ruling there was insufficient evidence.

The other fans, there isn't even a suspicion of racially-aggravated language, but they've been banned as well. Why? They were giving a player an earful, as happens up and down the country all year. The board have really let them down. The board are lily-livered in the face of the media. All they think about is their public image and money. They have absolutely no loyalty towards the fans, as we saw with the EL final.

This is a disgraceful decision by the club who were always going to find them guilty because they didn't want the bad publicity of allowing these guys straight back in. It's all about publicity. It's all about their fear of the media. No other club in the world throws its fans under the bus like ours does. Personally I'd like to throw them all under a bus, starting with Bruce Buck. 

What an absolutely pathetic decision.

Sadly, Brutos is now reduced to baiting.

Every single one of us has spoken out against proven racists and how they should be dealt with, but that's not enough and never will be enough for those with an extremist agenda.

I know where I stood  when Chelsea FC had a genuine problem with racist fans, and in 2019 i'm not going  to buckle under to extremist race baiters like Brutos!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Brutos said:

The apologist mentally in here is exactly what I expect and will continue to expect.

Do you not get the simple concept that if there isn’t proof there shouldn’t be a punishment, I’m not sure what your point is. 

If there was proof he was racist then we would all condemn that, what is it we are being apologists for something that seems didn’t happen? 

You're not even trying to engage in any sensible rebuttal just being very arrogant and condescending it has to be said....disappointing 

"people with privilege" This is typical clown world SJW talk, mate you're not a victim just because you're black. You have been taught to see the world as white people as the oppressors and your just this lowly black man trying to get by.

People of all sorts of different backgrounds, white, black, brown, asian whatever grow up with challenges in their life independent of their race. Britain is one of the most open and tolerant Societies in the world you cannot argue that, otherwise your ancestors would of not moved to it. 

Basically your equation is white man shout at black man = racist, no matter the circumstance it is always racist in your book. Do you see yourself as that weak and sensitive?

1 hour ago, Osborne3 said:

"people with privilege" This is typical clown world SJW talk, mate you're not a victim just because you're black. You have been taught to see the world as white people as the oppressors and your just this lowly black man trying to get by.

People of all sorts of different backgrounds, white, black, brown, asian whatever grow up with challenges in their life independent of their race. Britain is one of the most open and tolerant Societies in the world you cannot argue that, otherwise your ancestors would of not moved to it. 

Basically your equation is white man shout at black man = racist, no matter the circumstance it is always racist in your book. Do you see yourself as that weak and sensitive?

"People of all sorts of different backgrounds, white, black, brown, asian whatever grow up with challenges in their life independent of their race. Britain is one of the most open and tolerant Societies in the world you cannot argue that, otherwise your ancestors would of not moved to it. "

What are you talking about friend? have you spoken to people who came to Britain in the fifties and sixties from the Caribbean and other parts of the commonwealth? to reduce it down to just how tolerant the locals were which was not exactly the case is just plain ignorance. get a bit of education on the subject before spouting off like you're some kind of race relations expert.

10 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

"People of all sorts of different backgrounds, white, black, brown, asian whatever grow up with challenges in their life independent of their race. Britain is one of the most open and tolerant Societies in the world you cannot argue that, otherwise your ancestors would of not moved to it. "

What are you talking about friend? have you spoken to people who came to Britain in the fifties and sixties from the Caribbean and other parts of the commonwealth? to reduce it down to just how tolerant the locals were which was not exactly the case is just plain ignorance. get a bit of education on the subject before spouting off like you're some kind of race relations expert.

When did I say I was a race relations expert, I simply just stated my opinion. Are you suggesting you are one? Besides that point we don't live in the 50's and 60's anymore. I just don't accept the fact that minorities are perpetual victims for all of time, so much so that even shouting at one purely based on their character not the colour of their skin is considered a racist act.

10 hours ago, Brutos said:

Although the case of the banned fan is very iffy on the racial abuse matter, I do suspect you're right "hidden" racism exists in Western Europe. Not only from those so-called priviliged people (who are they anyway?), but from everybody of any colour. Because it generally takes the form of what Americans call micro-racism, it's sometimes hard to detect by someone who is not the target, and who then labels it as "playing the race card".

I don't think that is happening in this discussion, mind you, but it is foolish to think there is no racism in our society and we're all oh so inclusive and tolerant, and others are playing the victim (it's always 'others').

Edited by Valerie

On ?31?/?07?/?2019 at 09:45, WalterWhiteCFC said:

You should have seen Chelsea in the old days the NF used to sell their bulldog magazine outside the ground and chant the nazi salute I dude, I think the club and fan base has progressed considerably, but to tar a person because someone thinks he might of said something isn’t how justice works, that how lynching and mob justice works, someone is accused so all guns blazing because we don’t like what he is accused of. 

3 men were killed in India last week because they were randomly accused of child abduction, another uncle and nephew were set on fire in Latin America same thing accusations that weren’t true, this is the sign of uncivilised societies. 

Same way men end up in jail because a woman falsely accuses them of rape, this notion where because the crime is high in public interest to reprimand therefore an accusation is enough is dangerous and unjust, it’s scapegoating and not so fun if you’re the scapegoat.

If a copper pulled you over because you fit a stereotype you would be all up in arms, well this is precisely what seems to have happened to this man, white Chelsea fan boot fits get him, who even made the accusation? Ferdinand sat in a studio?     

I remember also the save a job deport a w#g leaflets that used to go around back then as well, however there are some now who say things weren't that bad back then ffs. The world is a mucked up place. But i personally think that unless the evidence is conclusive then innocent until proven guilty. If the man charged truly lost his job what does that say about his employers?

4 minutes ago, Osborne3 said:

When did I say I was a race relations expert, I simply just stated my opinion. Are you suggesting you are one? Besides that point we don't live in the 50's and 60's anymore. I just don't accept the fact that minorities are perpetual victims for all of time, so much so that even shouting at one purely based on their character not the colour of their skin is considered a racist act.

not by me it isn't. Look back at what you posted. Opinions are one thing but the degree of certainty you put in there "you cannot argue" and you brought up the subject of ancestors mate not me. where's the proof that you know why every person came to Britain? like i said spouting off like youre some expert.

It's hilarious seeing people question if black people specifically black men still face oppression or racism. LOL LOL this is exactly the reason I don't debate racism as you will never see it.

Whenever you challenge someone on racism you exactly know what the responses are going to be.

One of my favourite " o if I see racism I will call it out" that's becoming my favourite. Of course you would in your bubble.

15 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

not by me it isn't. Look back at what you posted. Opinions are one thing but the degree of certainty you put in there "you cannot argue" and you brought up the subject of ancestors mate not me. where's the proof that you know why every person came to Britain? like i said spouting off like youre some expert.

"Britain is one of the most open and tolerant Societies in the world you cannot argue that" So you would disagree with that statement. You would take argument with that based on the fact that in the 50's and 60's some racism occured. London is majority non-white, why would a intolerant racist society make that happen. I have seen racism towards every race from every other race, that doesn't then inform me that every argument had between two people of those races is because of racist reasons. 

It's hilarious seeing people question if black people specifically black men still face oppression or racism. LOL LOL this is exactly the reason I don't debate racism as you will never see it.

Whenever you challenge someone on racism you exactly know what the responses are going to be.

One of my favourite " o if I see racism I will call it out" that's becoming my favourite. Of course you would in your bubble.

No one is denying that racism is still a thing. Reading is not your strong suit is it?

16 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Dude based on what you think is racist (shouting at someone) it's no wonder you think you're oppressed.  

Because of the connotations associated with a white man shouting at a black man is it that hard comprehend. White man shouting at black man in the cotton fields, white man shouting at black man to get out of the shop get off the bus go to the back, white man shouting at black man to go home....wait is that in the 60's or 2019....[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

And this exactly is the point unless you lived it you will never see it or understand it so like I said having this discussion conversation will not change anything because most are set in their ways in their bubble.

Everything someone of color says is playing the victim.

This is my piece done on this subject now.

Engaging with this subject has the potential to lead too all types of misunderstandings. If people put forward a sympathetic case for the fan who has received a life ban, they risk being accused of racist apologists or deniers.

Likewise, those supporting CFC’s decision lend themselves to accusations of hypocrisy due to previous behaviour by the club most notably in the case of JT when the club stood by him with no ambiguity. This led to comments in the wider football world that Chelsea were so hell bent on success that they would tolerate unethical behaviour by one of its stars.

It is timely that in some of today’s newspapers an article has appeared about the Sheffield Wednesday player named Fernando Forestieri who is apparently devasted at being given a 6-match ban for using racist language towards the Mansfield player Krystian Pearce. This resulted in an intense pitch brawl.

Fernando was acquitted in a court of law, but the FA imposed the sanction. Such a decision would appear to be in keeping with CFC’s decision. The perpetrator has not been convicted legally of committing a racist crime but taken as a whole has been judged to bring the game into disrepute.

It would be interesting to read the statements from the other fans involved in the incident. Clearly there is no place for racism in football. That said, there does appear to be some inconsistency here. A life ban? The CPS also used lip readers who I understand, were unable to conclude that the fan in question had used the word black as opposed to Manc.

The lip readers used by CFC have had no such difficulty and it is claimed that they definitely read racist language. I guess we have to respect that it is what they saw because they are the professionals.

However, all things considered, something does not feel right about this case. I think the other fans owned up to being abusive and were allowed to be rehabilitated. The fan who has received the life ban denied the charges and by not acknowledging his transgressions the club felt he could not be re-educated. Perhaps he would have been better off had he owned up to this even if in reality he did not use racist language. Like I say I would be interesting to read the transcripts from other fans and stakeholders who gave statements. Perhaps in a few years some clever soul will unveil these due to the freedom of information act?

Taken as a whole this feels more like a PR exercise and compensatory behaviour for the club’s tarnished image during the JT racism affair.

38 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Racism is definitely still a thing. No one denies that. It's also a thing at Chelsea. We have some disgusting racist fans.

And if the man said black c**t then he was being racist. My gut is to assume he did use racist language because of how Chelsea have reacted based on statements.

My contention is that people assume the whole group were being racist simply because they were aggressively shouting at Sterling/a black man.

He was being shouted at because he was an opposition player who had just put a two footed challenge into Luiz's chest which caused him to roll around the floor. Every white player to play against Chelsea would have got that abuse for that challenge.

This assumption Chelsea fans hate Sterling because of the media narrative is laughable. The anti Sterling media narrative was pushed by pro Liverpool media (and additionally a racist media). Chelsea fans couldnt give two sh*ts if he pissed off Liverpool fans. They just - like all fans - abuse a player who looks like they've done a red card challenge right in front of them. 

3 minutes ago, The Swan said:

The fan who has received the life ban denied the charges and by not acknowledging his transgressions the club felt he could not be re-educated. Perhaps he would have been better off had he owned up to this even if in reality he did not use racist language.

That sounds like some gulag sh*t, go off to the gulag and admit to crimes against the state that you didn't commit then come back re-educated. Are we gonna go back to witch trials, why don't we throw him in the water, if he floats he's a witch. The man has not been proven guilty of anything and is being punished. What if that was you at the game or your friend where does this end.