Can this club go one year without a racist shaming caught on tape???

At first I believed that there was an agenda against us and that every club has it's share of racist fans but now it's becoming too frequent and ALWAYS US!

For those that do not know I'm referring to a video of our fans in Prague calling Salah a bomber.  

It's getting harder to defend as the rap sheet gets longer.

14 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

At first I believed that there was an agenda against us and that every club has it's share of racist fans but now it's becoming too frequent and ALWAYS US!

There’s been loads and loads of reports of racist abuse at other clubs the last few months. The media/FA have at least finally realised/accepted it’s not only a Chelsea FC problem. 

Posted (edited)

I am absolutely furious that a small number of Chelsea fans has AGAIN managed to drag the clubs name through the mud for something they know we're are being closely scrutinised for at the moment! These pricks don't represent me or my core values and beliefs, but yet the media will label this "Chelsea Fan Racism" taring us all with the same brush!

And to top it all off, these pricks probably don't realise that they have just done Liverpools team talk for them! They're going to be well up for this game now, especially Salah!

Drastic action needs to be taken at the club to make sure these morons don't get to infect our club any more. Permanent ban for anyone that has been proven to have been involved.

Edited by Old Shaggy

Just seemed a bit stupid. We have some really idiotic fans

Pretty certain songs like this happen on every away day for clubs in a pub. But we need to be better behaviour because everyone is looking out for us. 

20 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Just seemed a bit stupid. We have some really idiotic fans

Pretty certain songs like this happen on every away day for clubs in a pub. But we need to be better behaviour because everyone is looking out for us. 

Quite right. The same risqué songs that have been sung for decades, rightly or wrongly, are now strictly verboten.

It’s headline material now for anyone to mock anyone. 

I despise the Sun I never read it but my mate has just sent me a link to a column by a prick called Dave Kidd. He rants on about racism not being society's problem it's a Chelsea problem. Yet on the main page of their website '' Emmerdale actress sacked for racist tweets''. How this guy is allowed free rein to presumably get paid for such one eyed bollocks is beyond me.

20 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

I despise the Sun I never read it but my mate has just sent me a link to a column by a prick called Dave Kidd. He rants on about racism not being society's problem it's a Chelsea problem. Yet on the main page of their website '' Emmerdale actress sacked for racist tweets''. How this guy is allowed free rein to presumably get paid for such one eyed bollocks is beyond me.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3196915/why-manchester-uniteds-chelsea-rent-boy-chants-should-be-allowed-to-be-sung-in-football-grounds/amp/

Love the sun. They publish some really odd sh*t. 

17 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Is it wrong that i actually kind of agree with this article? Its football for goodness sake, the light-hearted chants wouldn't have even been mentioned 5 years ago. There's a difference between actual racism and some of the chants people kick fuss up over nowdays. Sticks and stones and all that..

14 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Is it wrong that i actually kind of agree with this article? Its football for goodness sake, the light-hearted chants wouldn't have even been mentioned 5 years ago. There's a difference between actual racism and some of the chants people kick fuss up over nowdays. Sticks and stones and all that..

I agree with it completely, particularly the less it happens ( compared with older times), the more it’s reported.

Bit like the current bandwagon jumping with air pollution. Anyone would think it’s getting worse, but it’s been improving for the last twenty years. ( In London)

16 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Some of it is getting to be a bit ridiculous now, cant say this and cant say that. One thing that shouldn't be tolerated is racism. Listened to the talksport late night show from last night and Jason Cundy said he was appalled and embarrassed that those idiots are fans of the club, and some guy rang up and called him a fake chelsea fan and almost defended the behaviour. Mind boggling stuff.

No one can defend the ‘singers’ in the video but why the need to lump all Chelsea fans together.

Support Chelsea and you will be labelled one of the following: racist, rent boy or glory hunter.

After about one-minute West Ham start singing about Spurs and the racism is there for all to hear…now if that was Chelsea fans!!!

After about one-minute West Ham start singing about Spurs and the racism is there for all to hear…now if that was Chelsea fans!!!

Funny how Liverpool have come out with a statement on the incident within minutes. If a rival does a distasteful chant we'll call them every name under the sun and go straight to the police but if one of their own players racially abuses another player to their face they'll wear t-shirts in support of him and boo the victim.

Liverpool FC - offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I kind of agree with it, but I don't like how we can't call Salah a bomber but united can call us rent boys. I wouldn't be singing anti Islamic chants in a ground, but I wouldn't give a sh*t if I heard them in a pub. Likewise I don't give a sh*t about rent boy stuff, but I genuinely don't see the difference. 

Edited by bisright1

1 hour ago, DannyBoy said:

Some of it is getting to be a bit ridiculous now, cant say this and cant say that. One thing that shouldn't be tolerated is racism. Listened to the talksport late night show from last night and Jason Cundy said he was appalled and embarrassed that those idiots are fans of the club, and some guy rang up and called him a fake chelsea fan and almost defended the behaviour. Mind boggling stuff.

The Salah stuff is literally exactly the same as the anti IRA songs from England fans. I doubt the fans singing it even thought of it as racism. 

1 hour ago, The Swan said:

No one can defend the ‘singers’ in the video but why the need to lump all Chelsea fans together.

Support Chelsea and you will be labelled one of the following: racist, rent boy or glory hunter.

Is that not just banter, you have to be a real snow flake to be offended by that I'm afraid, maybe im just old skool, but i know the difference between banter and hatred

As the Sterling incident has not been proven (rightly) it is noticeable that all these incidents have happened when we're playing abroad. Same as England fans they say and do things they'd never do at home.

Let's be honest; the song in question is stupid and in poor taste.

All involved should have known better. Furthermore, they must be completely & utterly braindead to actually post it online themselves.

Is it really that deep though? I'm not sure it really warranted the attention it has got, but I am sure most will disagree.

I remember 10-15 years ago there were songs about Mido being a "shoe bomber in disguise" and nobody cared. It was classed as banter.

Many will argue, I am sure, that it's a good thing that times have changed in that respect.

In a week where people have campaigned for action against the use of the term "pikeys" on account of it being 'racist', I do wonder where we draw the line in terms of what is and isn't considered light hearted banter.

I agree there needs to be a line, but I am also just not sure everything needs to be taken quite so seriously.

13 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Is that not just banter, you have to be a real snow flake to be offended by that I'm afraid, maybe im just old skool, but i know the difference between banter and hatred

My point is that if the video showed Chelsea fans other people would not be calling it banter.

15 minutes ago, The Swan said:

My point is that if the video showed Chelsea fans other people would not be calling it banter.

I wasn't implying you were the offended one, and knew what you meant, what's good for them is vile against us, still can't work out why Spurs fans are allowed to call themselves 'Y*d Army", you try saying it ??

26 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

All involved should have known better. Furthermore, they must be completely & utterly braindead to actually post it online themselves.

Is it really that deep though? I'm not sure it really warranted the attention it has got, but I am sure most will disagree.

I remember 10-15 years ago there were songs about Mido being a "shoe bomber in disguise" and nobody cared. It was classed as banter.

Many will argue, I am sure, that it's a good thing that times have changed in that respect.

In a week where people have campaigned for action against the use of the term "pikeys" on account of it being 'racist', I do wonder where we draw the line in terms of what is and isn't considered light hearted banter.

I agree there needs to be a line, but I am also just not sure everything needs to be taken quite so seriously.

The media are w**king themselves to death over these incidents. If you go on Sky Sports or BBC football the headline is something about racism. And I don't class the statements about Salah racist, they're definitely bigoted though, it's obviously more to do with his religion than it is his race. 

The best thing we can do is ban the fans who are involved in the incident and crackdown on it. But I also know where at a stage where the media will make a mountain out of a molehill on these incidents, racism in football has been the major headline in the past few months. 

32 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

Some in the media were calling it a disgrace we were singing sterling runs like a girl. 

So we've still got some way until we find out where the line will be drawn.