Pogba getting racist abuse and media outlets are covering it to be fair. But it's not HEADLINE article like it was for Tammy and they are reporting it after his team mates spoke out about it. Different treatment but good to point out as much as possible so action is taken and people think twice about what they say on Twitter.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Social media platforms like Twitter need to be held accountable for these kind of things, thats pretty much the only thing that can be done. They need to be overseeing posts to stop racist stuff getting broadcast. 

It's not difficult to filter tweets based on certain words and phrases being used so why they're not moderated is beyond me. 

Social media platforms refusing to take responsibility under the pretense of championing freedom of speech. 

9 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's not difficult to filter tweets based on certain words and phrases being used so why they're not moderated is beyond me. 

Social media platforms refusing to take responsibility under the pretense of championing freedom of speech. 

The best tool on here isn't the swear filter, its the report button, twitter has neither.

On 18/08/2019 at 18:37, Osborne3 said:

The media are a bunch of turgid c**ts they just love to stir up sh*t, especially race sh*t. Because they know it's gonna get everyone up in a tizzy, because it's such a touchy subject. Why would you take quotes from internet trolls for one, that's embarrassing that they would even take that seriously.

Some muppet on twitter made a FV comment prior to West Ham away two seasons back. Headline “ Infamous Chelsea Headhunters have called out West Ham prior to their midweek clash”

Pathetic but that’s the media for you

Imho, by making this public  the trolls know they have got to their target and upset them, which is exactly what they want.

Unless online abuse is a threat of violence, I really do think the best way to deal with it is to accept there's a few sad cnuts out there, ignore it and move on.

9 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Pogba getting racist abuse and media outlets are covering it to be fair. But it's not HEADLINE article like it was for Tammy and they are reporting it after his team mates spoke out about it. Different treatment but good to point out as much as possible so action is taken and people think twice about what they say on Twitter.

Nothing publicly against Pogba yet felt this new was good for us as they can hardly say Tammy's trolls are Chelsea racists without also saying the same of Pogba's trolls' attacks.

It’s pretty much a spotty teenager behind a phone or a computer, thinking they’re invincible with a footballer avatar, saying this stuff. Thats my assumption, because if a grown man/woman is doing this, with years of experience and ‘education’ behind them, that’s just embarrassing! 

10 hours ago, MrsGaffer said:

It’s pretty much a spotty teenager behind a phone or a computer, thinking they’re invincible with a footballer avatar, saying this stuff. Thats my assumption, because if a grown man/woman is doing this, with years of experience and ‘education’ behind them, that’s just embarrassing! 

Unfortunately there are idiots of all ages, races and genders. 

Who cares though that a couple people said some bad things on the internet though, it literally equates to nothing. They are a bunch of random nobodys who cares, by making a big deal out of it the media is just giving them what they wanted. Now what they said has been amplified by a thousand. I could go on the internet right now and have 10 people say something sh*tty to me, but why would I care....

16 hours ago, Osborne3 said:

Who cares though that a couple people said some bad things on the internet though, it literally equates to nothing. They are a bunch of random nobodys who cares, by making a big deal out of it the media is just giving them what they wanted. Now what they said has been amplified by a thousand. I could go on the internet right now and have 10 people say something sh*tty to me, but why would I care....

I don’t get social media. If it was announced that out of work plumber, Fred Bloggs from Macclesfield said some sh*tty things about black footballers whilst waiting for the 26 bus, the reaction would be “ who gives a f**k”

But Fred Bloggs twitter user saying the same is apparantly headline material?

3 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

I don’t get social media. If it was announced that out of work plumber, Fred Bloggs from Macclesfield said some sh*tty things about black footballers whilst waiting for the 26 bus, the reaction would be “ who gives a f**k”

But Fred Bloggs twitter user saying the same is apparantly headline material?

Mmm yet if 'Ena Sharples' was in the queue and told her politically motivated chum he might turn up next week at the bus queue and then with her chums  iPhone they prime Fred Bloggs for a set-up who might then get his face plastered all over social media.

Wrong place at the wrong time. 

33 minutes ago, Drogba11CFC said:

Fans at Norwich got praised by the police. That of course doesn't go down well with Dan Levene.

I wonder if he ever heard of Pinocchio?

The police should investigate him for inciting hatred the f**king w**ker. 

On 20/08/2019 at 13:38, ForeverCarefree said:

It's also not difficult to stop being offended by words and giving attention to anonymous accounts ran by 12 year olds. 

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

It's also not difficult to stop being offended by words and giving attention to anonymous accounts ran by 12 year olds. 

Personally I’m not offended. But if a black man is offended by being called a ni**er I think he has every right to.

Social media platforms are huge and they make a lot of money. They need to take responsibility and have accountability for the things that are posted on them. 

I’m not sure why that’s contentious? 

11 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Personally I’m not offended. But if a black man is offended by being called a ni**er I think he has every right to.

Social media platforms are huge and they make a lot of money. They need to take responsibility and have accountability for the things that are posted on them. 

I’m not sure why that’s contentious? 

I guess it's the argument of censorship. I see what you're saying I do, but I'm not 100% sure that's the road to go down, by making things taboo we only give power too it. I don't want to drag this into a long debate of censorship mind, but the media is adding fuel to the fire here, and I think that analogy is being kind to them. Nobody would be none the wiser if these incidents weren't getting mainstream news just because some anonymous account said the n word on twitter, there's an incentive for reporting about these incidents and I don't think that incentive has anything to do with morality. 

Censorship might work, but I think it just opens a new can of worms and we start giving trolls exactly what they want, attention. 

• 5 months later...
36 minutes ago, LG500 said:

It's still there, but you have to dig deep and travel far to see it. More credit should go to the 99.9999% of Chelsea fans who follow the club proudly, those 0.00001% nazis do not represent us or our club.