1 minute ago, coco said:

What you call banter is now a hate crime. 

Banter and hate is a fine line.

It is if you’ve been indoctrinated and you’ve fell for Jeremy Corbyn and his treacherous commies, but no, I hold solid family values and honest ones that were the things that people held when society wasn’t a rabid mess.....  Enjoy your rules mate 👍

17 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I was here, there and every f**king where. Where were you?

It is but I find quite a simple way to be sure. If the club/owner comes out saying this is not ok then the fans need to listen and knock it the f**k off.

Yeah and the people that kept a failing club afloat for decades before a multi billionaire even heard of it should just piss off and not polute the stands that they put money in envelopes to keep a club alive before the Greater London Council bailed us out with tax payers money, but you wouldn’t know about that.

1 minute ago, Thebone said:

Yeah and the people that kept a failing club afloat for decades before a multi billionaire even heard of it should just piss off and not polute the stands that they put money in envelopes to keep a club alive before the Greater London Council bailed us out with tax payers money, but you wouldn’t know about that.

Chelsea Football Club was founded in 2004 mate, no idea what you’re going on about :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Chelsea Football Club was founded in 2004 mate, no idea what you’re going on about :rolleyes:

Yep and Man Utd fans become Chelsea ones, think that was the year we became rentboys 🤷‍♂️😀

Just now, Thebone said:

Yep and Man Utd fans become Chelsea ones, think that was the year we became rentboys 🤷‍♂️😀

Is that Harry Munkworth?

if it is Philip Schofield is still wiping you off his chin. 💥💥

15 hours ago, Zeta said:

In my experience people who claim to hold "solid, family values" are usually using it as a cover for homophobia, racism and various other degrees of hatred towards people who are different.

Hopefully that's not true in your case.

It is a totally meaningless expression. 'Solid' just means 'firmly' and doesn't say anything about what those ideas actually are. And which family, the Manson family? 

I'm not suggesting you hold creepy discriminatory or homicidal views @Thebone, don't worry :smile: but 'solid, family values' makes nobody any the wiser.

Edited by Valerie

Even now I meet non-Chelsea fans who think we are racist.

I met a Sunderland fan who said he could smell the stench of racism in the stadium.

I find it baffling. My mates who support Spuds often say we are racist. Does my head in.

So depending on who you talk to we are:

racists 

rent boys

chavs

tourists

plastics

For me, we are the best supporters in the land. We have our unique songs which other clubs copy, despite the best efforts of the directors of the club to make getting a ticket for local fans almost impossible we generate terrific atmospheres. Which fan base has anything close to resembling Chelsea Pitch Owners? Which club has a supports trust so powerful it can make a club reverse its pricing plan for a match such as the FA Cup game against Liverpool.

Trust me, if Liverpool had our Pitch Owners System the media would be all over it. Probably make a document out of it. 

Put an undercover documentary team with any fan base in the country and sadly we will discover racists. It’s a societal problem and we need to move away from blaming single clubs such as Chelsea. I have little faith in the media and the way it misrepresents situations.

Anyone watching Wednesday's programme ( hasn't been aired yet obviously but you just know its gonna be way over the top), will no doubt be led to believe that racism amongst football fans is on the increase, yet the opposite is true.

It seemed a while back that the media had it in for Chelsea in this regard, now one fan arrested in a Conference game for alleged racist behaviour will make the papers, a solitary supporter out of hundreds of thousands that attended matches that day.

Incidents that for decades weren't considered newsworthy, suddenly are. Where exactly was the ink trades moral compass in the late 70s when half the Shed were singing not very nice songs about Cyril Regis?

And its not just racism now. There was a big hoo haa the other week when Liverpool fans taunted Man U about Munich 58- the same song these sensation seeking journalists have been hearing for the last 40 years without so much as a dicky bird.

Add to the omelette vested interest leeches such as Kick it Out, new breed football fans who tend to be  social media wokes looking to virtue signal ( If its one racist, its one racist too much- after you with the sick bag), Press departments of clubs and football authorities all singing from the same hymn sheet to protect their product and cover their arses.  

Its a bit like air pollution in London . Joe public probably thinks its getting worse because they are continually hearing about it, however air quality is  improving and has been for decades.

It's hysteria, pure and simple. Gets on my tits to be honest 

33 minutes ago, The Swan said:

Even now I meet non-Chelsea fans who think we are racist.

I met a Sunderland fan who said he could smell the stench of racism in the stadium.

I find it baffling. My mates who support Spuds often say we are racist. Does my head in.

So depending on who you talk to we are:

racists 

rent boys

chavs

tourists

plastics

For me, we are the best supporters in the land. We have our unique songs which other clubs copy, despite the best efforts of the directors of the club to make getting a ticket for local fans almost impossible we generate terrific atmospheres. Which fan base has anything close to resembling Chelsea Pitch Owners? Which club has a supports trust so powerful it can make a club reverse its pricing plan for a match such as the FA Cup game against Liverpool.

Trust me, if Liverpool had our Pitch Owners System the media would be all over it. Probably make a document out of it. 

Put an undercover documentary team with any fan base in the country and sadly we will discover racists. It’s a societal problem and we need to move away from blaming single clubs such as Chelsea. I have little faith in the media and the way it misrepresents situations.

Great post swan, there is no doubt in my mind our fanbase does have a bit of an aura about it good and bad, and other clubs fans at times maybe a little jealous, late 70's/80's even in the depths of the old Division 2 we had the largest away support in London and in the top 3 in the country barring maybe utd and dippers, they were at top of div 1 remember, (interview on YouTube of police in early 80's confirming that) come THAT season 83/84 may well of had largest at times. The reputation of our fans whether we like it or not, again gave us kudos (times were different then in the 80's, height of the football firms).  FV has now died down thankfully, but I'm always pleased that our support young or old tend to dress well, and don't get swept up in the replica shirt brigade like other clubs. Remember on talk sh*te a few years ago they use to have a memorabilia show on Friday lunchtime with an expert on, he was asked which London club fans tend to buy the most and were most passionate about all things their club, he didn't hesitate in saying that all those clubs were similar apart from Chelsea fans who were by far the ones into their club the most. Other clubs fans may dish us, but deep down there is a secret envy in there. For f**k sake we are called CHELSEA can't get a cooler name than that. "f**k em all, f**k em all"

1 minute ago, Ewell CFC said:

Anyone watching Wednesday's programme ( hasn't been aired yet obviously but you just know its gonna be way over the top), will no doubt be led to believe that racism amongst football fans is on the increase, yet the opposite is true.

It seemed a while back that the media had it in for Chelsea in this regard, now one fan arrested in a Conference game for alleged racist behaviour will make the papers, a solitary supporter out of hundreds of thousands that attended matches that day.

Incidents that for decades weren't considered newsworthy, suddenly are. Where exactly was the ink trades moral compass in the late 70s when half the Shed were singing not very nice songs about Cyril Regis?

And its not just racism now. There was a big hoo haa the other week when Liverpool fans taunted Man U about Munich 58- the same song these sensation seeking journalists have been hearing for the last 40 years without so much as a dicky bird.

Add to the omelette vested interest leeches such as Kick it Out, new breed football fans who tend to be  social media wokes looking to virtue signal ( If its one racist, its one racist too much- after you with the sick bag), Press departments of clubs and football authorities all singing from the same hymn sheet to protect their product and cover their arses.  

Its a bit like air pollution in London . Joe public probably thinks its getting worse because they are continually hearing about it, however air quality is  improving and has been for decades.

It's hysteria, pure and simple. Gets on my tits to be honest 

Will be all over talk sh*te next week mark my words

As shed upper ST holder last 10 years I can't think of a single individual racist fan remark form a single fan but obvs there are songs with certain undertones which many fans join in with - technically some these are racist but IMV its meant more as lable for that teams fans. We all know these -  'mudrerers' or 'y.ds' or 'pikeys' or whatever.

Away trips can be more partisan however and more likely to hear racist/homophobic remarks or maybe diver/ginger/overweight related shouts from someone within hearing distance - maybe booze fuelled or just tribal or just kno-head, not sure.

Sure we have some racist fans and we should call em out if clear and obvs.

BUt IMV its a tiny minority and we have many many more witty, cocky and decent fans.

COYB

I just watched  the documentary on BBC 3 about racism in football - Shame in the Game. On iplayer. 

It’s quite powerful and gives a much needed voice to some players affected by racism. There is no place for it in football.

The documentary shows some Chelsea fans in a bad light. It does not show them abusing players directly (like West Ham at Liverpool) but shows one bloke doing a nazi salute, two pissed up geezers singing Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz etc. with one finishing with a Sieg heil, a small group making hissing noises associated with a gas chamber, some songs mocking Jewish people etc, all anti-Spurs sentiment. None of the scenes are at a game, more in bars, travelling on a metro or walking outside. Apparently Chelsea away at Lille.

It doesn’t look good but appeared out of keeping with the programme. It felt like an add on with no context. No debating however it was unflattering footage. FFS

Just watched it too. Agree with what was posted above. The Chelsea stuff was short and without much comment. I hope the fans involved have been identified and dealt with. 

They did wheel out the hypocrite twat of Dan Levene though. Obviously didn’t research his previous, deleted, racist tweets. 

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, fitz said:

In what possible way is Chelsea F.C. relevant to this story? Two other men were also sentenced for their part in the attack but the Teams they support are not mentioned. This is an absolute joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/24/chelsea-fan-jailed-for-attack-on-guardian-journalist-owen-jones

Well if he's a Chelsea fan it doesn't matter what the rest are...sadly.

5 hours ago, fitz said:

In what possible way is Chelsea F.C. relevant to this story? Two other men were also sentenced for their part in the attack but the Teams they support are not mentioned. This is an absolute joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/24/chelsea-fan-jailed-for-attack-on-guardian-journalist-owen-jones

He was found because he's a Chelsea hooligan known to the police. That's why it was relevant. 

19 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

He was found because he's a Chelsea hooligan known to the police. That's why it was relevant. 

The way they start off with "Chelsea fan" is the point he's making though. It's obvious why they're doing that, there's a narrative that Chelsea fans are racist and far right, so it appeals to that narrative and will get clicks. 

Sadly we've never lived down that train incident, I have a feeling that will tarnish the image of the clubs fans for a very long time. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

The way they start off with "Chelsea fan" is the point he's making though. It's obvious why they're doing that, there's a narrative that Chelsea fans are racist and far right, so it appeals to that narrative and will get clicks. 

Sadly we've never lived down that train incident, I have a feeling that will tarnish the image of the clubs fans for a very long time. 

This fan was racist and far right. He was part of a racist and far right Chelsea supporters group. 

We have historically had a small but prominent far right fan base. 

The train incident I genuinely think was overblown. From the 1980s we've had full blown nazis as some of our supporters. 

I did by the way see a Liverpool fan post somewhere that all Chelsea fans were scum and the evidence was the "train incident". He clearly had not factored heysel into his decision to blame all chelsea fans for one incident. That amused me. Somehow they've managed to get away with an incident that was many scales worse than any fan base has ever done. 

Edited by bisright1
1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

This fan was racist and far right. He was part of a racist and far right Chelsea supporters group. 

We have historically had a small but prominent far right fan base. 

The train incident I genuinely think was overblown. From the 1980s we've had full blown nazis as some of our supporters. 

I did by the way see a Liverpool fan post somewhere that all Chelsea fans were scum and the evidence was the "train incident". He clearly had not factored heysel into his decision to blame all chelsea fans for one incident. That amused me. Somehow they've managed to get away with an incident that was many scales worse than any fan base has ever done. 

Yes but do you really think if he was an Arsenal fan the Guardian would've ran with that headline? I seriously doubt it. It's obvious why they're running with that headline, in my opinion, it's completely irrelevant if he's a Chelsea fan or not, not sure why it's brought up. 

And as for Chelsea being far right, have you ever discussed politics on this forum by any chance? I have, and as a right leaning person myself let me tell you an overwhelming majority of people on here are very liberal and left wing, (nothing wrong with that by the way) but it completely contradicts the narrative that Chelsea fans are a core political group of right wingers and far right. And to be honest, London is pretty left leaning anyway, if we want to go by demographics. 

What happened on the train incident can't be excused of course, but every single fanbase has people like this, it just goes under the radar a lot. Spurs fans were throwing bananas at Aubameyang and strangely enough it barely got any media attention. 

22 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Yes but do you really think if he was an Arsenal fan the Guardian would've ran with that headline? I seriously doubt it. It's obvious why they're running with that headline, in my opinion, it's completely irrelevant if he's a Chelsea fan or not, not sure why it's brought up. 

And as for Chelsea being far right, have you ever discussed politics on this forum by any chance? I have, and as a right leaning person myself let me tell you an overwhelming majority of people on here are very liberal and left wing, (nothing wrong with that by the way) but it completely contradicts the narrative that Chelsea fans are a core political group of right wingers and far right. And to be honest, London is pretty left leaning anyway, if we want to go by demographics. 

What happened on the train incident can't be excused of course, but every single fanbase has people like this, it just goes under the radar a lot. Spurs fans were throwing bananas at Aubameyang and strangely enough it barely got any media attention. 

If the person was only identified because he had been arrested for being an arsenal hooligan on multiple occasions, then yes, it would be reported as such. 

It wasn't just "oh he's also a Chelsea fan" it was key to how they managed to identify him. Without him being a Chelsea hooligan, he would have got away with it. How do you not report he's a Chelsea fan?

Chances are the other two people were also Chelsea fans. He seems to have made his personality being a racist far right Chelsea fan, those people associate with other far right racist Chelsea fans. They didn't report on the other two peoples clubs because it wasn't relevant. 

I don't think Chelsea fans as a whole are right wing. It's a London based club after all. However there is a small  section of our support that has always been far right. Our hooligans were called headhunters and had Nazi iconography. There's a huge amount of material on this. 

Edited by bisright1