Jump to content

Racist fanbase?


KonaKai Blue
 Share

Recommended Posts

I remember after the PAOK game outside the game, a few fans chanting we rascist and thats the way we like it, at the top of their lungs for a good 15 mins. Came on here and was being told theres nothing wrong with that, its not a crime. It will be a sad day if our club becomes some sort of breeding ground for these people to join. Other clubs have issues that get swept under the carpet, but tbh we cant concern ourselves with that however unfair it seems. We should be more worried about the idiots in our fanbase giving our club a bad name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Oli said:

I remember after the PAOK game outside the game, a few fans chanting we rascist and thats the way we like it, at the top of their lungs for a good 15 mins. Came on here and was being told theres nothing wrong with that, its not a crime. It will be a sad day if our club becomes some sort of breeding ground for these people to join. Other clubs have issues that get swept under the carpet, but tbh we cant concern ourselves with that however unfair it seems. We should be more worried about the idiots in our fanbase giving our club a bad name.

Unfortunately this isn't a new trend it goes back as fare as the 60's right up to the 80's and early 90's with all the old holligan  firms like the headhunters.There's even story's of firm members going to Italy to watch Lazio games and join up with Lazio fans purely out of political affiliation.There's always been a far right element to our fan base it's hard to see it change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Oli said:

I remember after the PAOK game outside the game, a few fans chanting we rascist and thats the way we like it, at the top of their lungs for a good 15 mins. Came on here and was being told theres nothing wrong with that, its not a crime. It will be a sad day if our club becomes some sort of breeding ground for these people to join. Other clubs have issues that get swept under the carpet, but tbh we cant concern ourselves with that however unfair it seems. We should be more worried about the idiots in our fanbase giving our club a bad name.

Well it's not a crime, but it's not good. I don't think anyone here would think singing that is good though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/04/2019 at 15:07, Scott Harris said:

I have avoided the media throughout all of this and I intend to keep doing that. There is a reason why I have an attitude of f**k everybody else when it comes to football, and it's because of the constant demonisation of our club. Every single time a couple of pricks say something racist or stupid, we all get treated as the same as them and the media start twisting everything into some sort of act of racism from our clubs fans. 

The media are scum and anybody that hangs onto their word like it's 100% fact and truth are f**king idiots.

Agree 100%. I cannot understand why anybody trying to offer a balanced opinion also gets grouped in and demonised as well. Surely the media of this country are not that feeble minded to realise that this is a social issue and not just one club. Do they honestly think that this is not ocurring at every club, why is it just Chelsea being vilified. I don't understand.

I am not endorsing any of it but, as an example,  i genuinely don't understand why a section of our fanbase were at oine point this season allegedly making anti semitic chants and Uefa were thinking of banning us behind closed doors, yet 62,000 Spurs fans chant y*dS at the top of the voices on national tv and not a word is mentioned.

I'm looking forward to reading about the Man Utd security team conducting a sudden raid on hundreds of united fans, preventing them from attending the upcoming match due to the disgusting homophobic chants of Chelsea rent boys, that no doubt will be sung in some quarters.

I reiterate i am not condoning or excusing any of this, it's fking ridiculous, but i would like to make a point about modern day media sensationalising. What was said about Salah was unpleasant, immature and uneducated but for Klopp to call it a despicable act,,come on please, perspective. The genocide of 6 million jews by a homicidal maniac is despicable, the murders and decapitating of dozens of women across America by Ted Bundy were despicable acts, calling someone names, it's childish, neanderthal but not despicable surely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

On 13/04/2019 at 11:54, mclovin83 said:

How long have you got? 

First and foremost he is a liar and a hypocrite. 

He watches Chelsea from a press box yet seems to be able to hear every word of every song better than anyone else. I have personally been in Chelsea away ends for certain games where he has reported 'racist chanting'. Nobody else I know heard it, it wasn't picked up on TV broadcasting audio, but Dan heard it from his press box on the other side of the stadium and reports it. He will argue it was loud and clear, ignore anyone who questions him, and proceed to tell the story and promote the narrative on Talksport, and any other platform that gives him the time of day. Oh, and of course he never thinks to record it, even though it is so loud he can hear it from his press box. 

He also a massive hypocrite, and changes his tune to suit his agenda. Last week, he was outraged by Chelsea fans using the word "pikey" in jest against West Ham fans. Dan was so appalled by this that he branded it 'racism' and contacted members of the travelling community to make for a good story. He is determined to stamp it out, and wants the club to take action. Unfortunately for Dan, he had forgotten about a few of his tweets from 2015, before he realised that he could make a few quid being the self appointed chief of battling racism at Chelsea; on more than one occasion he tweeted a nod of approval to the home crows for singing the 'Frank Lampard 200 song'. You know, the one that refers to West Ham as "pikeys". So Dan thought it was fine a few years ago, even tweeted in approval of how loud it could be heard..... but now it is "racist" and needs to be stamped out. 

He is so easy to see thrugh; a profiteering, grassing weasel, who is in it to make money, nothing else. And he will drag the clubs name through the mud with his lies in order to do it. 

Exactly mate. I've not once had or heard any racist abuse at Stamford Bridge, but that is merely my anecdote, but when you're a Journalist who's incentive is to stir up trouble and report it, it's somehow more credible. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, robdog said:

I am surprised no one is talking about this shit. 

Imagine if this was CFC? I am sure there would be some arrests made

Sadly this type of behaviour seems to happen quite a lot in Italy compared to the other European nations with top-flight football. 

This is where I agree action needs to be taken, fans are flat out being racist to black footballers. This is the type of stuff where we can all get on board with and agree on, not the current nonsense in Britain where someone might have heard something in the crowd without any evidence but we all get on board with it anyway because yeah, nice narrative. It makes a mockery of real incidents like this where black players get mocked and belittled just because of the colour of their skin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The so called racist who abused sterling has been found not guilty after lip reading experts backed his claim that he wasn't racially abusing him. As expected the f**king vermin who jumped all over hin claiming he was 100% guilty havent said a word, no apologise from sky, collymore, levene, Lineker etc, and I'm pretty sure it will be completely ignored by the media. Meanwhile the poor sod has lost his job, season ticket and has had his address given on twitter by daily mail reporters meaning he has received disgusting, unwarranted abuse. I hope he sues every single person involved. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dkw said:

The so called racist who abused sterling has been found not guilty after lip reading experts backed his claim that he wasn't racially abusing him. As expected the f**king vermin who jumped all over hin claiming he was 100% guilty havent said a word, no apologise from sky, collymore, levene, Lineker etc, and I'm pretty sure it will be completely ignored by the media. Meanwhile the poor sod has lost his job, season ticket and has had his address given on twitter by daily mail reporters meaning he has received disgusting, unwarranted abuse. I hope he sues every single person involved. 

Link?

The only statement I can find from the CPS says that the lip-reading evidence wasn't sufficient to be certain about the words used. That's not quite the same thing as them backing up the fan's claim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, dkw said:

The so called racist who abused sterling has been found not guilty after lip reading experts backed his claim that he wasn't racially abusing him. As expected the f**king vermin who jumped all over hin claiming he was 100% guilty havent said a word, no apologise from sky, collymore, levene, Lineker etc, and I'm pretty sure it will be completely ignored by the media. Meanwhile the poor sod has lost his job, season ticket and has had his address given on twitter by daily mail reporters meaning he has received disgusting, unwarranted abuse. I hope he sues every single person involved. 

the whole incident was started by Rio who wanted to give Chelsea some shade IMHO - right before that play Sterling smashed into David Luiz & cause Side Show Bob to leave the pitch - The fans were giving Sterling some verbal abuse for that play, but there was no consideration of that play whatsoever - also I have been in the same situation as that fan - yelling at the opposition is therapeutic - it allows a person to scream yell & shout all negative stuff & afterwards win or lose that person will feel better because of it - I feel for the gentleman & I hope he can some solace in the near future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, robdog said:

the whole incident was started by Rio who wanted to give Chelsea some shade  shame IMHO - right before that play Sterling smashed into David Luiz & cause Side Show Bob to leave the pitch - The fans were giving Sterling some verbal abuse for that play, but there was no consideration of that play whatsoever - also I have been in the same situation as that fan - yelling at the opposition is therapeutic - it allows a person to scream yell & shout all negative stuff & afterwards win or lose that person will feel better because of it - I feel for the gentleman & I hope he can some solace in the near future

I had to read that twice and have corrected as I thought you meant to say. 

Yes the media did us no favours by ignoring Sterling's challenge on Luiz, no surprise really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I had to read that twice and have corrected as I thought you meant to say. 

Yes the media did us no favours by ignoring Sterling's challenge on Luiz, no surprise really.

throw shade: to talk trash about a friend or aquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect.

That is what I felt Rio was doing - Chelsea were riding the high of bringing down Man City & Rio didn't want people to praise Chelsea - There was no evidence that the fan racially abused Sterling, but he said it like it was a fact & everyone ran with his observation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, robdog said:

throw shade: to talk trash about a friend or aquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect.

That is what I felt Rio was doing - Chelsea were riding the high of bringing down Man City & Rio didn't want people to praise Chelsea - There was no evidence that the fan racially abused Sterling, but he said it like it was a fact & everyone ran with his observation.

Thanks for posting that as I had never hard that link to the word 'shade'. 

I like Paul Ince as a commentator yet not Rio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

Thanks for posting that as I had never hard that link to the word 'shade'. 

I like Paul Ince as a commentator yet not Rio.

so when you praise something, it's like elevating or highlighting. when you throw shade is diminishing a person or an act.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, dkw said:

"Having carefully reviewed the evidence, including advice from a lip reading expert, we have found insufficient evidence to prove that the words used by one of the individuals were racially aggravated.”

 

That’s exactly the statement I found. They are not backing his claim that there was no racist abuse, as you made out, but saying the evidence is not conclusive enough to proceed with a prosecution. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/04/2019 at 11:54, mclovin83 said:

How long have you got? 

First and foremost he is a liar and a hypocrite. 

He watches Chelsea from a press box yet seems to be able to hear every word of every song better than anyone else. I have personally been in Chelsea away ends for certain games where he has reported 'racist chanting'. Nobody else I know heard it, it wasn't picked up on TV broadcasting audio, but Dan heard it from his press box on the other side of the stadium and reports it. He will argue it was loud and clear, ignore anyone who questions him, and proceed to tell the story and promote the narrative on Talksport, and any other platform that gives him the time of day. Oh, and of course he never thinks to record it, even though it is so loud he can hear it from his press box. 

He also a massive hypocrite, and changes his tune to suit his agenda. Last week, he was outraged by Chelsea fans using the word "pikey" in jest against West Ham fans. Dan was so appalled by this that he branded it 'racism' and contacted members of the travelling community to make for a good story. He is determined to stamp it out, and wants the club to take action. Unfortunately for Dan, he had forgotten about a few of his tweets from 2015, before he realised that he could make a few quid being the self appointed chief of battling racism at Chelsea; on more than one occasion he tweeted a nod of approval to the home crows for singing the 'Frank Lampard 200 song'. You know, the one that refers to West Ham as "pikeys". So Dan thought it was fine a few years ago, even tweeted in approval of how loud it could be heard..... but now it is "racist" and needs to be stamped out. 

He is so easy to see thrugh; a profiteering, grassing weasel, who is in it to make money, nothing else. And he will drag the clubs name through the mud with his lies in order to do it. 

He's been found out to be a Spurs fan, working along side a woman who also supports Spurs, taking screen shots of Chelsea fans facebook accounts, then informing their employers & families employers, also informing Chelsea as well.

Cant say to much on here but one family member got an official warning from her employer about her husband having a photo of himself on his fb while wearing a HH badge.

Its mental.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, robdog said:

the whole incident was started by Rio who wanted to give Chelsea some shade IMHO - right before that play Sterling smashed into David Luiz & cause Side Show Bob to leave the pitch - The fans were giving Sterling some verbal abuse for that play, but there was no consideration of that play whatsoever - also I have been in the same situation as that fan - yelling at the opposition is therapeutic - it allows a person to scream yell & shout all negative stuff & afterwards win or lose that person will feel better because of it - I feel for the gentleman & I hope he can some solace in the near future

I feel like tracking that busy .... down and sticking a microphone in front of him.

” So Rio, having falsely accused someone of racism which resulted in him being thrown on the on the human scrapheap, would you now wish to issue an apology”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, robdog said:

the whole incident was started by Rio who wanted to give Chelsea some shade IMHO - right before that play Sterling smashed into David Luiz & cause Side Show Bob to leave the pitch - The fans were giving Sterling some verbal abuse for that play, but there was no consideration of that play whatsoever - also I have been in the same situation as that fan - yelling at the opposition is therapeutic - it allows a person to scream yell & shout all negative stuff & afterwards win or lose that person will feel better because of it - I feel for the gentleman & I hope he can some solace in the near future

The same Rio who called Ashley Cole a Choc Ice?

But of course that’s not a racist comment is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, bluehaze said:

The Guardian are at it again in a interview with Troy Deeney saying Sterling received racist taunts against us.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/13/troy-deeney-i-want-to-be-remembered-for-more-than-just-being-a-footballer

Yeah, they really should have added ‘allegedly’ there. I thought it was otherwise a very interesting article, although I was pretty shocked at how much racism players are exposed to that we’re not even aware of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!