55 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

They are wrong to say he used racist language when he didn't actually say anything racist. Everybody can see that he said "manc c**t", maybe they need to get better lip readers in because every other lip reader has said he never used any racist language.

He must feel like sh*t right now, he's basically been labelled a racist by the club he supports. A sh*tty move from the club in my opinion, there was no reason to go against the CPS verdict. It's like they are doing this just to please the media.

If every lip reader says he never said anything racist, then he should consider taking legal action. Not only to clear the slur against him, but to also be allowed to watch his team. The case would be decided by expert lip readers, so i'd bet anything the club would back down fom this. 

1 hour ago, Dixons said:

If every lip reader says he never said anything racist, then he should consider taking legal action. Not only to clear the slur against him, but to also be allowed to watch his team. The case would be decided by expert lip readers, so i'd bet anything the club would back down fom this. 

If he can afford to do so. I think i read somewhere that he got sacked for this before the CPS decided it wasn't going to proceed

As a black supporter and also of Jamaican decent( also born in Jamaica ad came here young) when I saw this I was absolutely sicken and it's exactly one of the reasons I don't go to matches. I give two sh*ts if he's saying Black c**t or manc c**t the absolute bile and venom In his abuse goes beyond football and you can see the racially charge intention in his abuse probably after reading the sun mirror and daily fail on Raheem and how a young black immigrant footballer is making so much money.

That’s my membership gone for the high jump.

Can’t be bothered with this poxy club any more.

Rather than debate the severitity of this incident, and compare  it with what happens across the country week in week out, the powers that be have  played the PC  line and been f**king cowards. 

Staw that broke the camels back for me

Edited by Ewell CFC
1 hour ago, Brutos said:

As a black supporter and also of Jamaican decent( also born in Jamaica ad came here young) when I saw this I was absolutely sicken and it's exactly one of the reasons I don't go to matches. I give two sh*ts if he's saying Black c**t or manc c**t the absolute bile and venom In his abuse goes beyond football and you can see the racially charge intention in his abuse probably after reading the sun mirror and daily fail on Raheem and how a young black immigrant footballer is making so much money.

So you don't even care that a guy has lost his job, been publicly branded a racist and no longer able to watch his team even tho he never said or did anything racist?  And then you claim you can see racially charged intention.  Sorry, but that is exacly the kind of extremist, race obsessed crap that tthe dispicable David Lammy and the Labour commies are shamefully allowed to get away with.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           What you saw in that guys face was just ott emottion and that kind of verbal abuse is dished out to players of all colours, creeds and races week in week out wherever football is played.  Verbal abuse (within reason, of course) and piss taking is just letting off a bit of of steam and very much part of footballl culture and long may it contiinue.                Yes to banning racist twats, but no to banning people for just being a twat.                                                     

Edited by Dixons

35 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

That’s my membership gone for the high jump.

Can’t be bothered with this poxy club any more.

Rather than debate the severitity of this incident, and compare  it with what happens across the country week in week out, the powers that be have  played the PC  line and been f**king cowards. 

Staw that broke the camels back for me

For me, the sad thing is the "pc movement" started with good intentions. Sadly, as the years go by it has become ever more intolerant, and as we saw earlier this year with Liam Neeson, they now even want to destroy people for thought crime. God knows where this is going to stop.

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

I mean you’re usually quite sensible and I recognise that black people get plenty of under the table racism as well as open racism so I know why some people are defensive but “seeing his racist filled intention” even you know that’s silly if you say it out loud.

Sterling Is not likeable not because he is black but because he is a twat, people get over passionate at games and it’s easy to take out your frustrations at irritating opposing players it’s not a good way to behave but it’s hardly fair to f**k up the guys life for it with no evidence.

You're seeing racism because you’re looking for it just like that Rio Ferdinand, and who wants to be in the same category as that silly twat. 

I understand your position and sympathise but what you’re doing is falling into extremism and no extremism is good. 

What annoys me most is I believe sterling knows well he didn’t say black c**t the way he answered showed he either knew he didn’t or wasn’t sure but he was happy as a pig in sh*t to go along with having the man torn down because it makes his point even if on this occasion there was no offence and that takes a special type of c**t. 

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

There is no proof that he shouted at Sterling in that way because he is black or because he is a young black footballer making so much money. Shouting abuse at players happens in every single game, and it's more often than not just because the player is playing for the opposition, not because the colour of that players skin. Lampard would receive that kind of treatment every single time he played against West Ham.

30 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I mean you’re usually quite sensible and I recognise that black people get plenty of under the table racism as well as open racism so I know why some people are defensive but “seeing his racist filled intention” even you know that’s silly if you say it out loud.

Sterling Is not likeable not because he is black but because he is a twat, people get over passionate at games and it’s easy to take out your frustrations at irritating opposing players it’s not a good way to behave but it’s hardly fair to f**k up the guys life for it with no evidence.

You're seeing racism because you’re looking for it just like that Rio Ferdinand, and who wants to be in the same category as that silly twat. 

I understand your position and sympathise but what you’re doing is falling into extremism and no extremism is good. 

What annoys me most is I believe sterling knows well he didn’t say black c**t the way he answered showed he either knew he didn’t or wasn’t sure but he was happy as a pig in sh*t to go along with having the man torn down because it makes his point even if on this occasion there was no offence and that takes a special type of c**t. 

It's just a very unhealthy state to get to where any white person who says or does something remotly negative towards a non white person, can then be openly branded as a racist.  As we see with Lammy, one can now be publicly branded a Nazi just for being in the ERG.  That is not just unhealthy, longterm it could be downright dangerous!

37 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

There is no proof that he shouted at Sterling in that way because he is black or because he is a young black footballer making so much money. Shouting abuse at players happens in every single game, and it's more often than not just because the player is playing for the opposition, not because the colour of that players skin. Lampard would receive that kind of treatment every single time he played against West Ham.

And nothing comes close to the truly disgusting abuse the Beckham's had endure the season after David being sent off in the World Cup.

Edited by Dixons
8 minutes ago, Brutos said:

The responses here are pretty typical and standards responses of " o he didn't say that in that way just because he's black" or " I have black friends"

Well, i now see yourr comments as not just wrong, but also condescending and indeed racist. Sad and pathetic that you cannot take in the  fact that 'white people ' can and do dislike or even  hate non white individuals and not be racist. You can't be happy living in this great, liberal land with this kind of thinking.      

So you don't even care that a guy has lost his job, been publicly branded a racist and no longer able to watch his team even tho he never said or did anything racist?  And then you claim you can see racially charged intention.  Sorry, but that is exacly the kind of extremist, race obsessed crap that tthe dispicable David Lammy and the Labour commies are shamefully allowed to get away with.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           What you saw in that guys face was just ott emottion and that kind of verbal abuse is dished out to players of all colours, creeds and races week in week out wherever football is played.  Verbal abuse (within reason, of course) and piss taking is just letting off a bit of of steam and very much part of footballl culture and long may it contiinue.                Yes to banning racist twats, but no to banning people for just being a twat.                                                     

No don't care he lost his job...he looks the other side of 45 and if he reached this point in his life and doesn't know how to behave they he deserves that. It's 2019 not 1919.....
28 minutes ago, Brutos said:

No don't care he lost his job...he looks the other side of 45 and if he reached this point in his life and doesn't know how to behave they he deserves that. It's 2019 not 1919.....

You should have seen Chelsea in the old days the NF used to sell their bulldog magazine outside the ground and chant the nazi salute I dude, I think the club and fan base has progressed considerably, but to tar a person because someone thinks he might of said something isn’t how justice works, that how lynching and mob justice works, someone is accused so all guns blazing because we don’t like what he is accused of. 

3 men were killed in India last week because they were randomly accused of child abduction, another uncle and nephew were set on fire in Latin America same thing accusations that weren’t true, this is the sign of uncivilised societies. 

Same way men end up in jail because a woman falsely accuses them of rape, this notion where because the crime is high in public interest to reprimand therefore an accusation is enough is dangerous and unjust, it’s scapegoating and not so fun if you’re the scapegoat.

If a copper pulled you over because you fit a stereotype you would be all up in arms, well this is precisely what seems to have happened to this man, white Chelsea fan boot fits get him, who even made the accusation? Ferdinand sat in a studio?     

5 hours ago, Brutos said:

Football is pantomime for adults. A way of letting off steam ( or used to be before all these boring, prissy, judgemental, sit on their hands twats got involved)

6 hours ago, Brutos said:

The responses here are pretty typical and standards responses of " o he didn't say that in that way just because he's black" or " I have black friends"

What a crock. If I am sure somebody is a racist, then I will say that person is a racist, but I'm not going to say somebody is racist just because they shouted at a black man, that is just stupid.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

What a crock. If I am sure somebody is a racist, then I will say that person is a racist, but I'm not going to say somebody is racist just because they shouted at a black man, that is just stupid.

That’s what some people want though they use the race card or sexist card or discrimination card even when it’s totally unwarranted so they can either get special treatment or use that to blame personal failings on some type of discrimination.

Things have gotten way beyond rational and there are a group of people who just lay there in the weeds waiting for something to be said that can be perceived as offensive and they actually are gleeful they get to have a go at someone. 

Some of the things that have been labelled racist are unbelievable the connections people will try and force that are not there, and it’s counter productive because it takes away credibility and attention from those actually suffering. 

18 hours ago, Andy2461 said:

How spuds get away with singing racist sh*te every game but if you repeat it is beyond me

it beggars belief

Do you mean their own songs?

I don't get how its racist to refer to another group of fans by the word they choose for themselves. I know this thread is largely referring to other racial slang but this raised a thought in my head. 

Every club in Britain has a bitter rival and at every single ground you'll hear derogatory songs. Chester vs Wrexham you'll hear anti English and anti Welsh songs and more fighting then any other local derby and it's non league. It's got to be said football does change people's personality you can be a passive guy but once you step into the ground you get caught up in the atmosphere and for 90 minutes you shout and swear in my opinion nothing wrong with that at all.

I do think Chelsea have buckled to media pressure by banning these fans and every match not involving Chelsea I watch next season I'm going to watch the fans reaction when a opposition player takes a corner in front of them thumbs up and polite applause it won't be.

1 hour ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

That’s what some people want though they use the race card or sexist card or discrimination card even when it’s totally unwarranted so they can either get special treatment or use that to blame personal failings on some type of discrimination.

Things have gotten way beyond rational and there are a group of people who just lay there in the weeds waiting for something to be said that can be perceived as offensive and they actually are gleeful they get to have a go at someone. 

Some of the things that have been labelled racist are unbelievable the connections people will try and force that are not there, and it’s counter productive because it takes away credibility and attention from those actually suffering. 

Kick it Out’s spokesman commented that it was a very sad day for football when Chris Houghton got the sack ( this was later recinded)

This implies that he was sacked for racial reasons, and sums up the victim mindset.

I quite like CH, think he comes across very well, however he lost his job because it’s a results business and the results weren’t good enough, not because he’s black, mixed race, or pink with polkedots.

Sterling could be white and he'll still be a twat. Doesn't make you racist for simply hating someone that happens to be of another color. In fact I'd argue that the real racists are probably the black people who are calling the white man a racist with no evidence. 

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Important to look at context.

sterling just put two feet into luiz’s chest. 

Men scream at Sterling.

Chelsea fans generally don’t give a sh*t about sterling. We just don’t like seeing someone be studded in the chest.

I don’t know if what the guy said was racist. Whether he said manc or black. But he 100% wasn’t screaming at Sterling because of anything other than his actions 

Same thing happens every week to any player.