Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Just now, wallosh said:
7 minutes ago, bisright1 said:
Still playing in a 2 typically and giving Kante licence to do what he does best. Run.
Kante rarely plays a holding defensive midfielder role because it limits his biggest strength. 

He played in a three man midfield at the world cup

I didn't really watch their games to be honest. Was he good? What was his best performance? 

Our squad is sh*t and full of the scraps of three managers squads, panic buys and deadwood waste of spaces. There are too few players that actually deserve to wear our shirt. The best manager the world has even seen couldn’t do much with this tripe. 

I seem to remember pundits constantly saying he was wasted at the world cup and he was actually subbed off in the final because Croatia targeted the space he was leaving by pushing up.

Not like pundits to backtrack to suit a narrative though.

43 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

You know that the team that is 5th best doesn't mean they beat every team between 6th and 20th...

We will always lose games if we aren't winning the league. 

Of course.  But when we consistently perform poorly against the lesser sides, then issues need to be addressed and resolved.  

12 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Of course.  But when we consistently perform poorly against the lesser sides, then issues need to be addressed and resolved.  

Loosing against lesser teams is a mentality issue with the players though. They are all lightweight compare to our previous teams. 

5 minutes ago, Gentian said:

Loosing against lesser teams is a mentality issue with the players though. They are all lightweight compare to our previous teams. 

It's more due to the manager refusing to adapt to the tactics you know are going to be used against you.  The same tactics that are copied by the teams that have gotten a result against you, and yet you still refuse to adjust to it.  The players know what's coming.  How must they feel when their own manager does not have a plan to deal with it?

46 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Our squad is sh*t and full of the scraps of three managers squads, panic buys and deadwood waste of spaces. There are too few players that actually deserve to wear our shirt. The best manager the world has even seen couldn’t do much with this tripe. 

Yes and the footballs like a

Sergio leone film,

The good .the bad. The ugly...:ohmy:

1 hour ago, Boston Blue said:

It's more due to the manager refusing to adapt to the tactics you know are going to be used against you.  The same tactics that are copied by the teams that have gotten a result against you, and yet you still refuse to adjust to it.  The players know what's coming.  How must they feel when their own manager does not have a plan to deal with it?

We said the same about the previous managers. They were too defensive or too negative. Not pragmatic enough etc. Last 3 managers including Sarri have being top top class yet they have failed in terms of building an identity. In my opinion even Guardiola cant make these players world class. This teams needs huge investment with or without Sarri. I read somewhere that Guardiola has spend £700 million and he already had de bruyne, aguero, kompany and david silva in the team. 

55 minutes ago, Gentian said:

We said the same about the previous managers. They were too defensive or too negative. Not pragmatic enough etc. Last 3 managers including Sarri have being top top class yet they have failed in terms of building an identity. In my opinion even Guardiola cant make these players world class. This teams needs huge investment with or without Sarri. I read somewhere that Guardiola has spend £700 million and he already had de bruyne, aguero, kompany and david silva in the team. 

Around £506m, net £317m

1 hour ago, wallosh said:
14 hours ago, bisright1 said:
I didn't really watch their games to be honest. Was he good? What was his best performance? 

They won the world cup, that meant something.

Just can't imagine he was playing at the base of the three in a static DM role. If he did I imagine he did alright,he's a world class footballer. Just think his talents are better when he's more mobile. 

I've always said, we should play a base of 2 with RLC as a number 10. I think Kante going into the joringho role just moves the issue onto someone else rather than fixes it 

14 hours ago, wallosh said:
20 hours ago, Dean said:
you are entitled to your opinion, sir, though not sure how one backs that view up. i would also caution that i once thought Vialli was destined to become a great manager emoji846.png

Slolskjaer can adapt his tactics based on the team he wants to play, but Sarri doesn't make any adjustment to tactics. If he is been put under too much pressure by fans, he can twist his lineup at times, but the tactics is always the same. Between Sarri and Solksjaer, I know who I can put my money on to have a more successful career as a manager.

Given that Sarri didn't even start managing professional clubs until fairly recently and already made Napoli into a gem of a team that had the best managers in the world singing his praises, I'm going to put that money on him over Solksjaer, a man who's management career highlights to date include getting Cardiff relegated, managing a team in Norway that no-ones ever heard of, and now apparently making United miss out on the top 4.

Why does Sarri keep on insisting on playing Kovacic wether it's starting or bringing him on as a substitute, when it's clear he offers absolutely nothing and even more worrying why bother with a player that wont be here next season, surely it's more useful to give other players game time.

15 hours ago, Argo said:

I seem to remember pundits constantly saying he was wasted at the world cup and he was actually subbed off in the final because Croatia targeted the space he was leaving by pushing up.

Not like pundits to backtrack to suit a narrative though.

If irc he had stomach problems during the final. 

Given that Sarri didn't even start managing professional clubs until fairly recently and already made Napoli into a gem of a team that had the best managers in the world singing his praises, I'm going to put that money on him over Solksjaer, a man who's management career highlights to date include getting Cardiff relegated, managing a team in Norway that no-ones ever heard of, and now apparently making United miss out on the top 4.
Haha, you meant Jose left United in a top four position and Solksjaer is now pulling them down from where Jose left them right?[emoji122][emoji122]. I know very few people rate Solksjaer here because he is a former United player, but every neutral can testify to eat that he has a better CV than the world class Sarri. And if Lampard had done what he did in Norway, lots of us would be happy to give him a chance here right now.

1 minute ago, jack_super_class said:

Well we aren't 10th are we? we havent been knocked out in the Europa league? We are in the league where we should be correct? Not sure how Emery is doing a better job than Sarri.

We aren't winning games convincingly are we? We haven't played anyone decent in Europe have we?

I wouldn't necessarily say Emery is doing a better job than Sarri but i would certainly say he is much more flexible with his tactics and team selections.

19 minutes ago, wallosh said:

I know very few people rate Solksjaer here because he is a former United player, but every neutral can testify to eat that he has a better CV than the world class Sarri.

Testify to eat ?. Yes while Sarri was pitting his wits against world famous clubs like Juve, AC and Inter Milan and all the pressure of the Italian media and fans Solskjaer was up against the might of Odd Grenland and Viking FK.

1 minute ago, drjonesy1994 said:

We aren't winning games convincingly are we? We haven't played anyone decent in Europe have we?

I wouldn't necessarily say Emery is doing a better job than Sarri but i would certainly say he is much more flexible with his tactics and team selections.

No fair point but maybe thats down to a lack of goal scorers in our team rather than Sarri tactics. We are second in terms of chances created this season, and have hit the woodwork more than any other team so maybe its our poor attacking players fault. Slavia Prague looked a decent team to me, knocked Sevilla out, Frankfurt will give us a test too. So my points stand, why dont they do the same stupid video for Emery? Flexible with team selections, you mean rotates too much, a big reason they lost to Everton and Palace recently.