coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

3 minutes ago, RickUK said:

If he goes (sacked) i dont think it was a sudden decision.  I think it'd been planned for a good few months that he would leave this summer.  (if true obviiously)  I said before he saved his job by the skin of his teeth this year.  Playing RLC and CHO was a result of the dogs abuse fans gave him, as was his temporary Barkley/Kova sub stopping

I see a lot on twitter annoyed he may go, but i know those same accounts have been sarri out a lot, too.  Fickle fans, worst of the lot

Loftus-Cheek wasn't played because of his recurring back injury. Sarri himself said he was a big fan of Ruben. He is the only manager to have played him in the correct position. He also said Hudson-Odoi had to make improvements off the ball, which proved correct. Even Ruben said that Sarri was honest and told him where he needed to improve, which he did. The back issues were still always there for Ruben though, which is why he wasn't playing regularly. 

1 minute ago, STATS said:

Yeah, same thing I was reading. They were same odds, however I only realised they were same odds now. Had Villa got Abraham at that period, they would of been placed at better odds but they got him end of that month. But in theory, bookies did not make it a definite for Derby to reach play offs. There were teams they expected to get automatic promotion and play offs who did not even get top 6 at all.

The problem I have is, the play offs have masked over the fact that Derby finished 9 points behind Leeds and 6 points off 4th. League form still matters imo. Over two legs of course anything can happen, but Leeds were the better team over the course of the season. The same as we were obviously more consistent than Spurs and Arsenal over the course of the season, as proved by us making 3rd. 

29 minutes ago, Dixons said:

Gullit had no experiece at all but won us our first major trophy in two decades.      

Pretty much a different sport then. I don't think that should have any bearing on whether lampard would be good! 

But anyway, Guillit left less than 6 months later and never had a successful manager job afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Yep Just like Henry, Neville and Scholes. Playing and managing require vastly different skill set

It was clear Henry and Scholes were going to fail as they saw things to black and white especially the latter. I think Neville is harshly judged to be honest, others have similarly struggled at Valencia.

For those three examples like Vieira and even Gerrard.

35 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Pretty much a different sport then. I don't think that should have any bearing on whether lampard would be good! 

But anyway, Guillit left less than 6 months later and never had a successful manager job afterwards. 

First season - FA Cup and 6th in league. Fergiie says Chelsea are on their way and will become Utd's main challengers for the title.     Second season - Chelsea are in 2nd place in the league and in 2 Cup QF's. Gullit gets sacked.     That  kind of crazy sh*t only ever happens at Chelsea!  The fact that he never had success  elsewhere doesn't matter. He was the right manager at the right time for Chelsea  and doing a brilliant job!   Doing such a great job and getting the sack was brutal and he never recovered from it as a manager.

Edited by Dixons

14 minutes ago, Dixons said:

First season - FA Cup and 6th in league. Fergiie says Chelsea are on their way and will become Utd's main challengers for the title.                                                                                                                                                           Second season - Chelsea are in 2nd place in the league and in 2 Cup QF's. Gullit gets sacked.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          That  kind of crazy sh*t only ever happens at Chelsea! The fact that he never had success  elsewhere doesn't matter. He was the right manager at the right time for Chelsea  and doing a brilliant job!   Doing such a great job and getting the sack was brutal and he never recovered from it as a manager.

IMHO Gullit pissed off Mr. Bates. I just discovered that Mr. Bates didn't like Gullit's player development. I found this from a post on BigSoccer.com

Edited by robdog

1 hour ago, buzzcfc said:

Well he's made Derby better in his very first year in management.

I think it's a little unfair to say Lampard has done nothing and was just 'given' the Derby job. He's had an outstanding career in football, whereas Sarri was, as you say, an ordinary banker. Of course Sarri has had to work up through the leagues - doesn't change the fact he's won f**k all though at any level he's managed at....EVER.

Being a good player doesn't make you a good manager. Lampard's barely improved Derby. They're in the play-off final whereas Rowett took them to the play-off semi final last year only to narrowly lose. It's not a remarkable achievement what he's done. Sarri's made us better in his first season as manager. So why are you advocating for Lampard? Also, Pochettino's never won anything as manager. And yet I can tell you currently he is better than Lampard. Roberto Martinez won the FA Cup at Wigan, they still got relegated...

26 minutes ago, Desailly123 said:

Being a good player doesn't make you a good manager. Lampard's barely improved Derby. They're in the play-off final whereas Rowett took them to the play-off semi final last year only to narrowly lose. It's not a remarkable achievement what he's done. Sarri's made us better in his first season as manager. So why are you advocating for Lampard? Also, Pochettino's never won anything as manager. And yet I can tell you currently he is better than Lampard. Roberto Martinez won the FA Cup at Wigan, they still got relegated...

Derby's change of style under Lampard was 10x more extreme than ours.

Rowett plays the most basic style of football you could ever think off, he honestly makes Pulis look like Guardiola, Lampard has managed to change the culture of that club in a year without comprising immediate results, very good job in my book.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

Because we've improved since december. If you can't see that then it's pointless having a conversation because we won't agree. 

I was nearly Sarri out. I'm not anymore at all. And neither are most people I can track on the web. 

Improved since December? God help us then, pathetic performances at Arsenal in January, Bournemouth away, City away and others let's not kid ourselves we are going no where with this bloke if he was to stay it would all end in tears by Christmas, and we would write off a season, the club knows us lot are split over him, so they will do something about it in coming weeks, and try to bring us all together, one thing I will say I've been on this forum for years and this is by far the most interesting debate I've known. No one will change my mind as far as I'm concerned don't rate him what so ever, and to be honest spent hours of  my time watching us this season and £1000's and it's quite frankly been crap. The managers answer to some of those performances? I can't motivate the players! or maybe I shouldn't go in the dressing room at halftime he says, And your manager of our club? Get out of here

I would like Sarri to stay if we could get the transfer ban lifted but if we dont I would love to see Lamps and Morris lead us in a new direction of playing our talented youth and having a go at teams.

Something i have wanted to see for years We now actually have a golden chance with the young players at our disposal and realisticaly With Lamps and Morris it is the best chance our youths will ever get to break in to our team. 

What ever happens KTBFFH!!!

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

Improved since December? God help us then, pathetic performances at Arsenal in January, Bournemouth away, City away and others let's not kid ourselves we are going no where with this bloke if he was to stay it would all end in tears by Christmas, and we would write off a season, the club knows us lot are split over him, so they will do something about it in coming weeks, and try to bring us all together, one thing I will say I've been on this forum for years and this is by far the most interesting debate I've known. No one will change my mind as far as I'm concerned don't rate him what so ever, and to be honest spent hours of  my time watching us this season and £1000's and it's quite frankly been crap. The managers answer to some of those performances? I can't motivate the players! or maybe I shouldn't go in the dressing room at halftime he says, And your manager of our club? Get out of here

It is fascinating. I couldn't disagree with you more. 

We've only lost one of our last 12 games - to Liverpool. Only 2 of the last 18 since the league cup final. That's improvement! That's a good sign. 

I think we would actually improve next year. Even without hazard. I genuinely see improvements. 

Would be a shame if we don't find out though. If we go backwards next year under lampard it will be a debate of whether we would have done that under Sarri. Which will be just as pointless!

Edited by bisright1

Obviously you haven't watch Derby play, you probably just read everything about them on papers. I doubt you even watched our match against Derby this season or last season when they defeated United.

We've only lost one of our last 12 games - to Liverpool. Only 2 of the last 18 since the league cup final. That's improvement! That's a good sign. 
I think we would actually improve next year. Even without hazard. I genuinely see improvements. 
Would be a shame if we don't find out though. If we go backwards next year under lampard it will be a debate of whether we would have done that under Sarri. Which will be just as pointless!
Do you think we can make the top 4 next season if we keep Sarri?

Done a fine job so far, good signings, getting rid of deadwood, top 4 etc. What I like about Sarri most and why I’m prepared to give him time is he’s a completely different manager to past managers we’ve had. We’ve had pragmatists in the past, it did work indeed but footballs changing now, you need to be progressive. We did have AVB of course who was different to Mourinho, Conte etc but he was a mess, with his high line! City and Liverpool have achieved what they have with attacking football. Sarri is trying to do that with us, but at the 1st stage just like Pep and Klopp were a few years ago

1 hour ago, wallosh said:
2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Do you think we can make the top 4 next season if we keep Sarri?

can? 

Obviously he can. You'd have to be an idiot to think he can't keep us at the same level. Even sensible sarri-outers think our results may stay the same but our football won't improve. 

can? 

Obviously he can. You'd have to be an idiot to think he can't keep us at the same level. Even sensible sarri-outers think our results may stay the same but our football won't improve. 

The three teams that finished below us Tottenham, Arsenal and United will improve next season, I can't see how Sarri can motivate us to even finish 4th next season. By the time the group stages of the champions league would have ended, lots of us would have already been fed up with him.

I will be happy with Lampard replacing him, though I prefer a much more experienced manager like Pochettino, Simeone or Allegri. To be honest I can't see us making top 4 next season with our current players, except the board are planning to replace Sarri with Conte or Klopp. Lampard will definitely be an upgrade on Sarri because he knows this league, and will know a better way of setting up our average and young players in order to get the best out of them. After a whole season, I still don't think Sarri has learned that the EPL is much different to the Italian league!

57 minutes ago, wallosh said:

The three teams that finished below us Tottenham, Arsenal and United will improve next season, I can't see how Sarri can motivate us to even finish 4th next season. By the time the group stages of the champions league would have ended, lots of us would have already been fed up with him.

I will be happy with Lampard replacing him, though I prefer a much more experienced manager like Pochettino, Simeone or Allegri. To be honest I can't see us making top 4 next season with our current players, except the board are planning to replace Sarri with Conte or Klopp. Lampard will definitely be an upgrade on Sarri because he knows this league, and will know a better way of setting up our average and young players in order to get the best out of them. After a whole season, I still don't think Sarri has learned that the EPL is much different to the Italian league!

Arsenal are losing one of their best players and have never looked like they can sign a world class player. The only reason anyone thinks they can improve is the same reason as neutral people think we will - second season syndrome. 

Man united by and large aren't predicted to improve, of anything get worse. They are going to spend lots of money but no one amazing is linked with them and they've still got an inexperienced manager who has broken records for losses at the wheel.

Tottenham have been awful since January. They don't spend money and if they win the CL poch may call it a day. I don't see how they definitely improve. 

We can say the same about Chelsea, but there aren't going to be 6 teams in the PL who can get 80+ points and those are the reasons why. 

The rest of your statement is nonsense to me. 

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

The three teams that finished below us Tottenham, Arsenal and United will improve next season, I can't see how Sarri can motivate us to even finish 4th next season. 

So you know for certain those 3 teams will improve, absolutely 100% definite. But you cant see how we can even finish 4th. Nice selective thinking there. 

4 hours ago, wallosh said:

Who’s to say Tottenham will even spend any money on transfers?  They did it once, who’s to say they won’t do it again?  The team they had this season finished pretty much as best they could and once they lose to Liverpool, they’ll be trophyless again.

Unlikely for them to not buy, but Levy is an idiot, so you never know.