Sarri - In or Out?

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

The Juventus rumours don't seem to be stopping, I'd like the board to sort out the manager situation as soon as possible so we don't end up like last season where the manager only gets half a pre-season. I personally would have no problem with Sarri staying another year, but I also won't blame him for leaving after all the verbal abuse he has got from some of the match going fans.

10 hours ago, dkw said:

Disgraceful attitude that seems prevalent in our younger fans unfortunately, spoilt little sh*ts. Every season there's 4 trophies, to win any of them is glorious and absolutely worthy of celebration. 

Hey! Not all the 'younger fans' are cup snobs.

6 hours ago, Dixons said:

Jose was given time and shedloads of cash at Utd and rightly got sacked. Conte played good football in his first season with us and with better backing could have taken us further. Second season was as negative as Jose at his worse. 

Conte's second season was the same as this season football wise, the football was bad. The season he won the league he played good counter attacking football which goes against rhe way Liverpool and City play so it shows it can be done.

Posted this elsewhere but fits better here.

IF he is leaving it is only because it is HIS choice. No way do I see us sacking him. If he decides he wants to go to Juve because of their dominance in Italy, the money, to be back in his homeland or whatever then little can be done about it.

If he leaves because the fans chanted "F*ck Sarriball" or booed Jorginho then he needs to get a thicker hide and in either case he should stand by his "love" of the Premier League and stick it out. Personally am a bit disappointed he did not say after Wednesday something like "So f*ck Sarriball eh, you are welcome!" With a cigar in one hand and the trophy in the other. Would have been hilarious.

25 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Posted this elsewhere but fits better here.

IF he is leaving it is only because it is HIS choice. No way do I see us sacking him. If he decides he wants to go to Juve because of their dominance in Italy, the money, to be back in his homeland or whatever then little can be done about it.

If he leaves because the fans chanted "F*ck Sarriball" or booed Jorginho then he needs to get a thicker hide and in either case he should stand by his "love" of the Premier League and stick it out. Personally am a bit disappointed he did not say after Wednesday something like "So f*ck Sarriball eh, you are welcome!" With a cigar in one hand and the trophy in the other. Would have been hilarious.

According to the press I read he stated clearly sometime before the final he wanted to know early about where he stood and certainly before the final.

He didn't get that assurance and so we cannot blame him, IMO.

15 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

According to the press I read he stated clearly sometime before the final he wanted to know early about where he stood and certainly before the final.

He didn't get that assurance and so we cannot blame him, IMO.

What assurances though? A new improved contract for getting top 4 & winning Europa?

Read that his agent came into town with a £9m offer from Juve, and I have seen some fans arguing that we should reward him. I don’t think things work that way.

Maurizio Sarri was spotted with Juventus officials in Milan on Saturday and is now ‘hours away’ from being named their new manager. He’s set to sign a two-year contract with an option for a third year. [La Repubblica]

Sportitalia also reporting he's been released by Chelsea and is in talks with Juve 

For what it's worth their story suggests we're  considering Frank, Laurent Blanc or Max Allegri as his successor. 

Edited by carrickblue

53 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Sportitalia also reporting he's been released by Chelsea and is in talks with Juve 

For what it's worth their story suggests we're  considering Frank, Laurent Blanc or Max Allegri as his successor. 

Whoever it is, is on a hiding to nothing I reckon. Unless the board has patience, which they rarely if ever have had, Frank could learn over a few years. With us facing no nee signings may as well give it to Blanc. Dont set lamps up to fail.

One major cup championship as a manager hasn't earned him the ability to act like a primadonna and demand that his position as manager of one of the biggest clubs in world football be sorted out when it's good for him. He has a contract, whether he likes it or not. Is that not enough for him? Anyway, good riddance. He will be the first manager at Juventus in 9 years to not bring them the Serie A title; mark my words!

Let's bring in Lamps or Pochettino and let's go head first into the transfer ban with our over abundance in talented young academy players. 

Biggest problem I have at the moment is we will replace Sarri with a manager we will sack next year if (when) we come 6th. 

Frank / Allegri / blanc / whoever

This cycle will repeat and we won't be any nearer breaking it which is what we need to do if we are going to compete with the two clubs at the top of the league.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong. But I'm worried we hire Frank and sack him. He needs to be given assurances we will stick by him long term. The cycle of sacking and hiring managers for short term success is over. The club's above us are too good.

One major cup championship as a manager hasn't earned him the ability to act like a primadonna and demand that his position as manager of one of the biggest clubs in world football be sorted out when it's good for him. He has a contract, whether he likes it or not. Is that not enough for him? Anyway, good riddance. He will be the first manager at Juventus in 9 years to not bring them the Serie A title; mark my words!
Let's bring in Lamps or Pochettino and let's go head first into the transfer ban with our over abundance in talented young academy players. 
Yeah! Let's paper over more instability and ludicrous decision-making, and just rock on because that's how we do....

I'm sure we'll be challenging City and Liverpool in no time at all.

10 minutes ago, venom2011 said:

Yeah! Let's paper over more instability and ludicrous decision-making, and just rock on because that's how we do....

I'm sure we'll be challenging City and Liverpool in no time at all.

Look, we need to face facts. It's absurd to think and expect that we will win a trophy every single year on end. We should be grateful that we won the Europa League this season (I didn't fancy us in the final whatsoever so am very surprised and happy for Hazard, Cahill, Sarri, etc., that we won) but we should start turning our attention to developing our great young players so that they don't become huge stars elsewhere like Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, and I could go on. 

The PL is actually one of the few competitive sports leagues in the entire world where there is not currently a clear dynasty (Manchester City may make me eat my words). I'm not too worried that City have won 2 in a row as both clubs have won 2 league titles in the last 5 years. That's honours even if I'm doing my math correctly.

We need to build from within and in an economically viable way moving forward. Whether CAS grants a hearing or not, we will eventually have to deal with a 2 window transfer ban. Why not take advantage of that now, when we have a multitude incredible young players out on loan or in the academy who have all done phenomenally this year. Give the reigns to someone like Lampard this year, knowing that we don't expect too much.

Also, you want to challenge with Liverpool? This is the first trophy they've won in 7 years and only their second trophy in 13 years!! How many trophies have we won in the interim? Let's be grateful for all the success we have had but also be smart and even copy the model that has proved successful for Liverpool and Tottneham this year by giving young players a chance. Whether that is with Sarri, Lampard, or someone else, I think the future is bright. We don't need to spend bucketloads of money to make that happen. We have all the tools already built up at Cobham/Stamford Bridge/etc. 

Give Lamps or whoever the manager is a couple years of working with the established veterans and mixing in the young players and we will be a forced to be reckoned with. 

We have been hiring and firing managers to patch over the bigger problem that the clubs not being run right.

We aren’t going to get a better manager, losing out best player who without him we have no goals and are bang average, we can’t buy new players so who wants that job. 

If they offer it to frank it has to be as interim he isn’t ready and to fire him which is a certainty isn’t right. Chelsea isn’t a club to learn at its one that needs the real deal. 

Frank until the transfer ban is over as interim manager, no top manager will want us under current conditions anyway. 

I completely don’t blame sarri for wanting to leave, he was never given a chance or appreciated here, and would not receive support after the ban like he should get and to be honest we would just fire him after a probable bad season which is near inevitable. 

As fans we should set our expectation low and enjoy frank as interim hopefully while bedding in some youth, bit of a waste pushing for top 4 and earning it 2 times, but oh well. 

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

I doubt very much that Allegri would accept with a transfer ban, a very high risk of failure and getting at the end of next season sacked by your board and with his stock as a manager greatly devalued. Blanc or Lampard would be more likely.

Best of all for Chelsea would have been not releasing Conte at all, who now is coming back to bust our balls with the second team of Milan

I dont know how someone can call a tactically master defense and organized attack as pragmatic and boring. What I find boring is keeping the ball and passing it back to your CB DOING NOTHING with the ball. Shipping in goals to me makes the game annoying. Id rather score one or two goals and have none against us. That to me is what an amazing team does. 
I really agree with you. I watched the highlights of our games during Conte's first season and compared it with what I have seen this season and it's obvious we have been so boring this season.
I think having the ball most times and passing it around to get more possession without much threatening the opposition is what some people find exciting about our games this season.

Chelsea are considering Allegri as Sarri replacement while club legend Frank Lampard and unattached Laurent Blanc are also said to be in the running. (ESPN) #CFC
If Sarri leaves, it’s going to be one of these 3. There’s no one else. 
Allegri or Lampard is good, but Blanc? That will be a big gamble!

Allegri, Lampard or Blanc would all be equally awful because there's no scope for progression and no defined game plan. Like bisright said, We're getting rid of a manger who can build something and replacing him with someone that'll finish sixth or worse and then get sacked again. Total hiding to nothing.

When are people going to stop the weird blind love in on Conte? The second season was utter garbage and he proved that he couldn't be trusted.

20 minutes ago, wallosh said:

I really agree with you. I watched the highlights of our games during Conte's first season and compared it with what I have seen this season and it's obvious we have been so boring this season.
I think having the ball most times and passing it around to get more possession without much threatening the opposition is what some people find exciting about our games this season.

Funny how we look amazing when winning a title (on highlights!) against a transition year in actual time. Contes second season was awful to watch, that style of football just doesn't cut it anymore. 

Anyway, no Sarri in fan thinks we've been playing great, why do so many people think that's the argument! That's not what anyone says. I think we've improved during the season and I think we've become exciting at times. But was really excited to see what could happen next year with a full pre season. 

It's strange, despite all the off-pitch sensations claimed to be happening at Chelsea we have won three trophies in the last three seasons hardly looks to be a club in crisis.

I would like to have seen Sarri get a full pre-season too though with no Hazard and three other important players recovering it is looking grim.