coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

17 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Conte is so overrated on here it's nuts. He won't win anything with that Inter side.

With the current Inter there is nobody that would win, not Conte not Sir Ferguson, so that doesn't make him overrated.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

If........and if they dont the dummy is right out the pram again.

To be fair, if they don't back him and he does kick off they'll only have themselves to blame. 

At this point clubs have got to know what they're getting themselves in for when they hire Conte. 

10 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He's taking over an Inter team that's finished 4th, 4th and 7th in their last 3 seasons finishing an average of about 22 points behind Juventus. 

It's pretty unlikely he'll win anything in his first season for sure but if he gets them somewhere nearer the top he'll be doing well. 

If he gets backed in the market I reckon he could get them much closer the Juventus within 2 seasons. 

Just like Sarri did with Napoli and some in here use that to highlight that he had not won anything before! Conte's got no excuse, he got us winning the PL after finishing 10th. I was a defender of Conte even in the second season, but some of you need some consistency when criticising Sarri.

3 minutes ago, RMH said:

Just like Sarri did with Napoli and some in here use that to highlight that he had not won anything before! Conte's got no excuse, he got us winning the PL after finishing 10th. I was a defender of Conte even in the second season, but some of you need some consistency when criticising Sarri.

Conte won with Juventus, Sarri won nothing, his first ever title is with us, and to be fair it's easier to win Europa league than any of the big 4 leagues in Europe.

2 minutes ago, RMH said:

Has no excuses for doing what no team has managed to do for 8 years and beat Juventus to the title? Blimey!

So if he doesn't repeat the same feat for two different teams Conte has failed at Inter? 

I can't speak for others but my apprehension for hiring Sarri wasn't based purely on not having won anything before it was a culmination of not having managed a club with expectations of success before. Having never managed outside of Italy despite being 60 years old. Having only 4 years experience of management at a top division club. 

Conte going to Inter is reverse of Sarri, they've hired a manager with a track record of winning things in hopes of replicating that at their club. We hired Sarri in the hopes that he could do what he had never done before. 

13 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Conte won with Juventus, Sarri won nothing, his first ever title is with us, and to be fair it's easier to win Europa league than any of the big 4 leagues in Europe.

Sorry, what i wrote has no relation whatsoever to the quote, I misread it.

Edited by RMH

6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Duplicated.

Edited by RMH

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

1. Zidane

2. Klopp

3. Guardiola

4. Allegri

5. Conte

He's easy a top 5 manager in the world, Don Conte.

ha ha ha ha

Then why was he out of a job for a year and only ended up at Inter with other top jobs available? 

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

So it should be "easy" for Inter with Conte to win the Serie A, then... I'm just trying to highlight some of the inconsistencies in the reasoning followed. If Sarri is not able to beat Juve to the title, he is crap, but if Conte does not win it but finishes close to Juve within two seasons, he is a top coach. Some consistency would be appreciated. Sarri won us a European title and Conte won us a PL and a FA Cup. Both are good coaches, different styles, but both have won us a trophy.

How so? Where is that logic that it should be easy for Inter to win Serie A with Conte?
Conte took over Juventus that were 7th and won the league;
paved the way for their dominance, he managed to make their national team Italy look decent again;
came to the Bridge and won the title in his first season making his abilities look superior compared to Pep,Klopp and others, still wasn't back by the club and even so managed to win the FA cup in the second season.
He's a proven winner, going to Inter that are among the top 4 best teams in Italy and not winning the league right away wouldn't mean that he is a worse manager than Sarri, Conte is one of the factors that made Juventus so dominating in the first place, but Sarri not winning with Juventus that has been dominating for so long would mean that Sarri failed in Italy when he came back, Juventus has been chasing the Champions League title for a while now, Sarri failing to win the league would be a big deal for them, but failing to win the Champions League again would be just as bad, Sarri with Napoli managed to be the second best team and that's the level that Ancelotti managed to sustain this season as well.

I never said that Sarri is crap by not winning, but he's in my view a level below Conte that has won a lot, I do want Sarri to stay in Chelsea but in all honesty winning Europa league was basically playing 3 high level games, vs Frankfurt and Arsenal...Sarri going to Juventus is seen by Napoli worse than when Higuain went to Juventus and on top of that he'll have a lot of pressure there to win the Champions League.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

To be fair, if they don't back him and he does kick off they'll only have themselves to blame. 

At this point clubs have got to know what they're getting themselves in for when they hire Conte. 

That's fair. 

7 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

HOW!?

I dont see how he cant be. Proven winner across all the biggest leagues in europe. Yes he brings negativity, and his football is no longer in vogue, but he is still a world class manager, and his record speaks for itself. 

I still wouldnt want him back though, we've got the t shirt, (and 3 league titles), and he isnt the right man for the club at this moment in time.

Everyone seems to underestimate Conte but he has proven that he is a winner wherever he went and if Pirlo says that Conte is the best manager he ever played for than thats good enough for me to consider him one of the best.

In regards to Sarri if he does go to Juve will we back the new manager. I dont think we will, lack of patience is apparent from the fans as well as Abramovich. Next season i wouldn't be surprised if we dont even make top 6 which would be really sad obviously. 

8 minutes ago, big blue said:

I dont see how he cant be. Proven winner across all the biggest leagues in europe. Yes he brings negativity, and his football is no longer in vogue, but he is still a world class manager, and his record speaks for itself. 

I still wouldnt want him back though, we've got the t shirt, (and 3 league titles), and he isnt the right man for the club at this moment in time.

His football is no longer in vogue and he can't adapt. He has been sacked from his last three jobs. 

He shouldn't be 3rd on that list. Especially ahead of klopp. 

The issue I have is that I don't think the number of trophies you have makes you a better manager. That's not what I value. That's one by product of being a good manager, 

10 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

HOW!?

Because he’s won so much.

Manchester United are a complete mess and it’s been shown that since he left Jose wasn’t the root of the problems they’re having. No question he played a part too but it wasn’t all him.

His track record is still better than nearly every other manager out there and he’s going to walk into a job at another big club, no question. 

And you know what? I wouldn’t rule out him winning plenty when he does. 

24 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

His football is no longer in vogue and he can't adapt. He has been sacked from his last three jobs. 

He shouldn't be 3rd on that list. Especially ahead of klopp. 

The issue I have is that I don't think the number of trophies you have makes you a better manager. That's not what I value. That's one by product of being a good manager, 

Klopp has won a CL, that’s it.

Go through what Mourinho has won and then get back to be.

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Top 10 managers still active

1. Pep

2. Zidane

3. Mourinho

4. Klopp

5. Simeone

6. Conte

7. Ancelotti 

8. Allegri

9. Pochettino

10. Sarri

Four of those have managed us five if we get Allegri. Anytime any big job becomes available there's your runners and riders is there anyone else who could get into that list Ajax manager instead of Mourinho perhaps ?

17 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Four of those have managed us five if we get Allegri. Anytime any big job becomes available there's your runners and riders is there anyone else who could get into that list Ajax manager instead of Mourinho perhaps ?

Ten Hag hasnt done enough yet, he needs to win in a top league, and get close to a champions league. I would love him to do it here though! 

44 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Klopp has won a CL, that’s it.

Go through what Mourinho has won and then get back to be.

Will he go down as one of the great managers of all time? No doubt

That doesn't mean he's the third best manager RIGHT NOW.

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

But here's the thing, so much of what you're basing a manager's ability on is subjective. Sarri/Poch could have matched the achievements of others you think but so far they haven't, no one has trusted them with big teams, with expectations of winning trophies until Sarri this year. 

I'm sorry but winning a league title, winning 30 of your matches along the way, far outranks a 3rd place finish and Europa League win. 

If you're going to start adjudging manager's ranking based on the perceived quality of the teams they are managing you open the argument up to a whole new level. I could make an argument that Sean Dyche is a superior manager to Poch based on the resources he's had available to him and that if he'd managed Real Madrid he'd have been able to match Zidane's achievements there. 

Trophies won, especially league titles, is the best barometer for manager's ability because it shows their ability to get teams playing well and winning consistently throughout the course of season. 

I know you like to troll, but try to think before you post. Chelsea with Sarri got 3rd and the Europa League win, without a striker who can consistently score. Look at the other top sides they all have goal scorers that we don't. I can't understand how people don't realise that it is really hard to win when you inherit a squad without goalscorers. I know people like you just want to attack Sarri and ignore the facts. 

32 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Will he go down as one of the great managers of all time? No doubt

That doesn't mean he's the third best manager RIGHT NOW.

And a guy who has one trophy in however many years is?

Klopp has had a great season but it’s his only great season...1 season 

14 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

And a guy who has one trophy in however many years is?

Klopp has had a great season but it’s his only great season...1 season 

not rating Klopp as much as the guy you are arguing with, but he's been to the UCL finals 3 times and won 2 Bundisliga titles while not ever managing Bayern Munich....

It's all down to how we define a great season I suppose, but he's had a few very good seasons.

1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

I know you like to troll, but try to think before you post. Chelsea with Sarri got 3rd and the Europa League win, without a striker who can consistently score. Look at the other top sides they all have goal scorers that we don't. I can't understand how people don't realise that it is really hard to win when you inherit a squad without goalscorers. I know people like you just want to attack Sarri and ignore the facts. 

How is believing that a league title is a better achievement than winning a Europa Cup trolling? 

You say the other sides had goal scorers but we didn’t but remind me, who won the Europa League golden boot?