Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

Good riddance.

His apologists were in full force all season long, blaming the club/the owner/Marina/the fans for not being patient and supportive enough. It was all about giving the man time to work his magic. Now, less than a year after joining the club, the moment a better opportunity comes along, he jumps ship to join Juventus. What a classy man. So he was never serious about building something at Chelsea, just like he couldn't give a rat's arse about Napoli fans' feelings on the matter, it's all PR rubbish. We were the first top club to give him a chance to prove himself at the big stage, the first to enable him to win something. The funny thing is, the members of the Sarri cult will see his exit as the club's fault, too. They'll blame it on anyone, but their precious Maurizio. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I hope you'll win nothing at Turin and get sacked before the next season's up.

You may achieve your true dream,  winning the championship.

Of course Sarri's comments were PR rubbish, does anyone genuinely not think that?  Look at the whole thing with Sarri in/out specs off.

Like @abramovich said, he has jumped ship straight away. IMO he's been talking to Juve for months as ive said. Some fans i have spoken to think his Juve move was planned last summer, but he used us as a stop gap, knowing this summer Juventus would come calling.  Loves Napoli so much he is going to Juventus who he slagged off no end season before last, and prior to that.  I think he is a nice enough guy with a nice idea of football, but his stubbornness gets in the way. His like for like subs were mind numbing at times.  Was too petulant, too.  I think he needs to kick that to the curb.  I hope he does well at Juve, though and was pleased he won something with us

He did not love London or Chelsea, he never seemed right fit to me.

Was no connection with the fans or club i didnt think

Edited by RickUK

Guest Sindre
2 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Juve move was planned last summer, but he used us as a stop gap, knowing this summer Juventus would come calling

He even said so himself after the final.
He literally said that he went to England so he didn't have to go directly to a rival in Italy. Then he dedicated the title to the Napoli-supporters and asked for their understanding about what he had to do.

He simply wasn't a suitable Chelsea-manager in any way for me. Lacked respect for everyone (couldn't even shake the opposite managers hand half the time) and i am happy to see the back of him.

I also don't think he'll last long at Juventus.

Thank god this weird Sarri cult episode is coming to an end soon. It's all been very bizarre.

Cheers for the silverware, but to keep him on was only delaying the inevitable - great move for the club regardless of why he's gone.  

There were certain traits of Sarri that I liked - mainly his honesty. I liked us playing 4-3-3 again as well. 

However the main thing for me is that Sarri does not come across as a winner. Yes he may have won a trophy but in the pressured moments, you can see he loses it. I don’t want a Chelsea manager who is an unlucky loser. 

53 minutes ago, Stim said:

Who is more annoying, the Sarri In Cult or the Sarri Out Cult.

In January, while I was watching Hudson-Odoi rot on the bench and suffering Willian and Alonso every single game, I was willing to trade Hudson-Odoi for Willian.

That seemed to get sorted out back third of the season as Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, and Emerson started getting regular minutes, and I was happy with the overall direction, knowing that we were still short on personnel.

But only... only... if he wanted to be here. I don't want another Conte repeat. I was so excited to Conte's first season and was really hoping he would be backed after winning the league, and we could go on to build something lasting...

but if the manager and the board don't see eye to eye on a macro level, it's never going to work... and the board isn't going anywhere, so it's time for Sarri to move on.

I'm not overly concerned with Lampard's lack of experience. Kind of like young players, if he's good enough, he's old enough. For a job like Chelsea, it's not about the man management and tactics that require years of managing experience, it's the off the field distractions with the media and the expectations... and that kind of experience ONLY comes once you have a high profile job like Chelsea...

I'm much more concerned about the personnel than I am the manager right now.

2 hours ago, abramovich said:

Disagreeing is fine, being blindly biased isn't.

That doesn't really fit as even the biggest "apologist's" have accepted and adknowleged  the flaws in the season.

However looking at it the other way there is certainly a few that refuse to credit him for anything and anytime he does something good there's an excuse as to why it happened.

We start looking comfortable playing out of danger "but that's not a big deal" (even though there was universal cries pre Sarri when we saw other teams comfortably play out of danger while we use to get trapped by any form of commited pressing).

CHO gets serious game time, "but it's not in the league".

He then gets serious league game time, "oh it's because he was pressure too".

He gets top four, "it's because of the other teams and Hazard not him".

He improves Loftus Cheek, "but he still didn't start him earlier".

Apart from the Europa title there has been a stream of ridiculous excuses to discredit every thing he did.

Edited by Argo

11 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

f**k  me when the “soccer knowledge” you were tooting  your horn about doesn’t work back to that sh*t what a pathetic little man. 

Complimenting her again with you taking half what I said awaybin a quite to twist it....saying she is beautiful and capabile is sexist? 

Saying I DONT have anything against her on account of being a woman rather because she doesn’t have a footballing background is sexist?

What a little snake you are the worst kind of person, can’t play the game so reverts to looking for trigger words to get support, f**k off seriously have some respect for yourself 

It seems to me that your posts can be boiled down to three categories:

1. Insults
  2. Rambling replies to posts that prove a lack of comprehension
  3. Opinions that demonstrate a narrow knowledge of football

Perhaps you'd find a more supportive audience on Twitter where those things are more prevalent.

I have yet to see any sort of Chelsea managerial "cult" (made sure to check the spelling on that one) and yet now apparently there are three different ones. 

Who knew? 

Edit: Shake it all about and Hokey Cokey cults make it five now. 

Whole lotta cults. 

Edited by ForeverCarefree

9 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I'm not overly concerned with Lampard's lack of experience. Kind of like young players, if he's good enough, he's old enough. For a job like Chelsea, it's not about the man management and tactics that require years of managing experience, it's the off the field distractions with the media and the expectations... and that kind of experience ONLY comes once you have a high profile job like Chelsea...

I think I'm in the same boat as you on this - if he's good enough, he's old enough.  I'm just not entirely convinced that Lampard is good enough, yet, but willing to give him a chance.  It will also be a nice convenience to have a manager whose first language is English.  I always felt like things got lost in translation with Conte and Sarri, even Mourinho to an extent, and it gave room for these idiot reporters to report sensationalist bullsh*t and provide distractions.

24 minutes ago, Argo said:

That doesn't really fit as even the biggest "apologist's" have accepted and adknowleged  the flaws in the season.

However looking at it the other way there is certainly a few that refuse to credit him for anything and anytime he does something good there's an excuse as to why it happened.

We start looking comfortable playing out of danger "but that's not a big deal" (even though there was universal cries pre Sarri when we saw other teams comfortably play out of danger while we use to get trapped by any form of commited pressing).

CHO gets serious game time, "but it's not in the league".

He then gets serious league game time, "oh it's because he was pressure too".

He gets top four, "it's because of the other teams and Hazard not him".

He improves Loftus Cheek, "but he still didn't start him earlier".

Apart from the Europa title there has been a stream of ridiculous excuses to discredit every thing he did.

He absolutely deserves credit for winning the EL. I had serious doubts about it, in fact I was sure he'd fail, and he proved me wrong.

Third place in the league was a great result, all things considered, although our top four rivals' shocking form in the last few weeks was a huge contributing factor in that outcome. Still, I gave him credit, said on this very thread that Sarri absolutely deserved to keep his job due to us qualifying for the CL, despite whatever reservations his detractors, me included, had at the time.

CHO issue was overblown due to Bayern's interest. I personally was more critical of the youngster himself because I felt in his fist season with the first team, at the club that made him, he should have been more patient and respectful.

With RLC I thought it was more due to his fitness issues that he couldn't get going until late in the season, but good on Sarri to trust him when he did.

Edited by abramovich

I was in the "please don't let us sack a manager after 12 months cult"

I saw us improving. But there were flaws. I just don't and didn't like the alternatives if he left. 

If he wants to go to Juve, then let him. But my view is that we didn't try hard enough as a club to keep him. Two managers in a row have effectively quit on the club, that's a huge concern to me. 

I can guarantee when we are 6th in February, and people are suggesting we sack lampard because he's not experienced. I'll be in the lampard in camp. 

Edited by bisright1

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

In January, while I was watching Hudson-Odoi rot on the bench and suffering Willian and Alonso every single game, I was willing to trade Hudson-Odoi for Willian.

That seemed to get sorted out back third of the season as Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, and Emerson started getting regular minutes, and I was happy with the overall direction, knowing that we were still short on personnel.

But only... only... if he wanted to be here. I don't want another Conte repeat. I was so excited to Conte's first season and was really hoping he would be backed after winning the league, and we could go on to build something lasting...

but if the manager and the board don't see eye to eye on a macro level, it's never going to work... and the board isn't going anywhere, so it's time for Sarri to move on.

I'm much more concerned about the personnel than I am the manager right now.

Good stuff here.

For me, it was telling (and unforgivable) that Sarri paid no attention to CHO's England debut.  He had an opportunity to use it as a motivator to get him to kick on for us.  Instead he trivialized it by openly admitting he couldn't be bothered to watch.  

Just like we don't want to keep a player that doesn't want to be here, we shouldn't keep a manager that doesn't want to be here.  And for the last two seasons, we've had coaches who didn't want to be here.  At the end of each of their reigns, our last three managers behaved like they didn't want to be here.  One thing that will be refreshing is that Frank will be here because he wants to be here.  We know he loves Chelsea.  That love should help motivate him to be successful.