Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Guest Sindre
8 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

There’s a difference between being disjointed and being dire. Sarri’s Napoli were great to watch, we tried to do similar but don’t have the players. I find it astonishing that fans who sat through the worst of Conte and Jose, who know that opposition fans thought our football was terrible to watch, suddenly become football connoisseurs with Sarri. I can only think that the media has more influence than I thought on our fans or it’s a way of venting without addressing the real issues at the club which are a bit too close to home to admit for some. 

Difference being that both of those managers you mentioned built a great relationship with the fans and won us the league which gave both of them great support from the fans.

Sarri frankly didn't give a sh*t about the fans so in the end most supporters didn't give a sh*t about him either. 

11 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

He wasn’t pushed out

He wasn’t sacked

He wanted to leave.

There will still be some who blame the club and fans though strangely enough 

We don't know the story.  If the club just wanted him for the transfer ban, with unrealistic expectations, then he was pushed out.  Rumors say that Frank wants a personal assurance that he has a minimum of two years.  I don't think that'd be a worry at most clubs.

26 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

I don’t think it will work for him at Juve personally.

I think the main reason for his appointment is to change the style of play ready to go all out for Pep when the time comes, probably in two years time (my prediction is Pep leaves City next summer then takes a sabbatical).

So in other words, he's Juve's Pellegrini.

Edited by Argo

The Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: “In talks we had following the Europa League final, Maurizio made it clear how strongly he desired to return to his native country, explaining that his reasons for wanting to return to work in Italy were significant.

Advertisement

“He also believed it important to be nearer his family, and for the well-being of his elderly parents he felt he needed to live closer to them at this point. Maurizio leaves Chelsea with thanks from us all for the work he and his assistants did.”

So last July when he signed a three-year contract and moved to London, his parents were doing fine. Now that he's got an offer from Juve, they've aged so rapidly he needs to move back to his home country to keep an eye on them. That's what I call a fortuitous coincidence.

8 minutes ago, M.M.B said:

He went after a year so what difference does it make.

Because in the context of length of contract he signed vs wondering about health of parents the longer the contract the more that sounds like a made up reason. The shorter contract is therefore relevant.