coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Please f**k off we don’t get along, you’re quiet on normal discussions I take part in but if you find a touch of controversy in an oppionion yiu jump on it you child.

Go and watch egg ball you know f**k all about football, I doubt you’ve even been to a match bar the charity one played on an old green rug,  I leave you alone so repay me the same courtesy, thanks. 

I think your opinions are daft, and when people call you on them, you reply with personal insults.

Costa wanted to leave Chelsea almost from the moment he arrived.  He flirted with Athletico, he sulked when we wouldn't sell him to China, and there were games where he was more concerned with agitating than scoring goals.  As has been pointed out by other replies to you, he hasn't done anything more than the strikers we have.  If this is the guy you think we need, then you are deluded.  

I wouldn't go making assumptions on people's knowledge solely based on a current location, mate.  Happy to have a debate with you anytime if you want to compare football knowledge.

The homesickness element doesn’t surprise me. Don’t pretend to know the bloke, however strikes me as a parochial type of chap less suited to living in Eaton Square and dining at San Lorenzo than the more urbane Conte for example.

A big element in where managers/ footballers decide to ply their trade is location. The draw of London is generally a bonus when it comes to recruitment definately compared to the smelly North for example, but the smoke isn’t for everyone.

Wish him him the best if he does leave

Interesting quote from Arringo Sacchi:

for those that don't know how to use Google Translate:

Sacchi: "Sarri has won morally, people go to the stadium for the show. Berlusconi paid me for fear that I went to Juve"

5 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

I think your opinions are daft, and when people call you on them, you reply with personal insults.

Costa wanted to leave Chelsea almost from the moment he arrived.  He flirted with Athletico, he sulked when we wouldn't sell him to China, and there were games where he was more concerned with agitating than scoring goals.  As has been pointed out by other replies to you, he hasn't done anything more than the strikers we have.  If this is the guy you think we need, then you are deluded.  

I wouldn't go making assumptions on people's knowledge solely based on a current location, mate.  Happy to have a debate with you anytime if you want to compare football knowledge.

No question Costa carries an awful lot of baggage, but when his head was right he worked his ass off and was terrific for us. Second only to Drogba in the Roman era. It would be a gamble but for something like £15-20 million it would be one worth taking.

Edited by Dixons

5 hours ago, Dixons said:

No question Costa carries an awful lot of baggage, but when his head was right he worked his ass off and was terrific for us. Second only to Drogba in the Roman era. It would be a gamble but for something like £15-20 million it would be one worth taking.

Atletico would be laughing at us if we do that. He's absolutely awful now and has been for two and a half years. Remember how bad he was his last few months with us? He's got no better since then, if anything he's got worse.

There's a reason he's lost his place to Morata at Leti. I would genuinely prefer to stick with what we've got than resign Costa, we signed and sold him at the perfect times.

Atletico would be laughing at us if we do that. He's absolutely awful now and has been for two and a half years. Remember how bad he was his last few months with us? He's got no better since then, if anything he's got worse.
There's a reason he's lost his place to Morata at Leti. I would genuinely prefer to stick with what we've got than resign Costa, we signed and sold him at the perfect times.
Are you allowed to sign players in this transfer window then? I understood there was a ban on place

54 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:
1 hour ago, Argo said:

Are you allowed to sign players in this transfer window then? I understood there was a ban on place

No but even if we could i'd rather sign no one than Costa.

16 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

If Sarri is so good why are we letting him leave? 

I think there are many reasons Allegri would be a great choice for us. He's tactically flexible, he's a players coach, he knows his way around the spotlight and he's a winner. 

Exactly my point. Stupidity by the board to allow it to happen.

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Exactly my point. Stupidity by the board to allow it to happen.

What were they supposed to do? Force him to stay when he wants to go back to Italy?

Doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

If he wants to go which is obvious he does then the board are hardly going to make him stay which would be a even bigger disaster.

Bloke clearly misses Italy, the fans and the lifestyle. He doesn’t feel at home here, the guys basically come out and confirmed it.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

What were they supposed to do? Force him to stay when he wants to go back to Italy?

We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes. There's stories Sarri would have been happy to stay if X Y Z. There's stories Sarri wanted to leave regardless.

My guess is Sarri offered to see out another year and the board told him he could leave now. 

Probably because of what happened with Conte. 

I'm curious to know why the last two managers we've had wanted to leave. It's rare that happens in football. 

Edited by bisright1

8 hours ago, Dixons said:

Have you watched Atletico recently? Won’t be surprised if they got rid of him. He has gone downhill.

Costa has had several lingering issues with his recurrent hamstring injury which remember he played through and made it much worse. He’s what 30 now? So that’s all going to take a toll on a player like that who relied on physical strength so much.

He will never be the player we had who came in at the right time for both club and player. Can’t see him lasting in the game beyond the next few seasons 

34 minutes ago, Sindre said:

The common denominator is our club, not Sarri. 

More likely the club hasn't given him promises much like with our previous managers. 

33 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Have you watched Atletico recently? Won’t be surprised if they got rid of him. He has gone downhill.

No i haven't seen Costa since he left Chelsea.  I did say i'd want him back if we could get him fit and fired up, but gong by what's been said it looks like he's physically shot. So if that's the case then defo no to bringing him back.

On 03/06/2019 at 18:57, enigma said:

How is this Sarri's fault though? He wanted the club to back him publicly when we went through that rough patch and they didn't. Instead he was hearing the journalists come out and keep asking about him being sacked or the papers saying he risked being fired. 

He asked them in the meeting a fee days ago to support him (not in the transfer market) but publicly in the media, but they have refused. He also wanted them to believe in his philosophy. I don't see that is much to ask for. 

The whole point of hiring Sarri was to change the philosophy from a pragmatic, defensive system to a more offensive one. The problem is, these type of changes were always going to take time and patience. If the board can't afford the patience to change style and identity then there will be no consistency. 

Where did you get all that info from? An article in a newspaper? These aren't facts, you know. Personally I don't believe the notion about the club refusing to publicly back him, it makes no sense. And why does Sarri need public backing, to begin with? He's got a contract, hasn't he? 

16 hours ago, Hazard STAY said:

I think its spot on that we will be signing Allegri.

Think about it: how many of our permanent coaches have been Italian or have the mindset of Italian 90s style football? Mourinho for sure fits in that category also although not Italian. AVB was a prodigy from Mourinho era... (Dont include interim managers obviously). Heck, even Di Matteo is Italian! We love our Italian coaches, Allegri fits right in! 

How do feel about Allegri’s defensive brand of football?

22 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

We should do whatever is necessary to get Sarri to stay. He deserves another season, and we deserve to see the project develop. Sick of endless change.

The frustration is understandable but endless change is what has made us one of the most successful clubs of the past 15 years.

7 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

The frustration is understandable but endless change is what has made us one of the most successful clubs of the past 15 years.

Its also brought us some awful seasons in recent years and isn't sustainable for much longer.