coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

29 minutes ago, ENygma said:

Typical Fraudiola if he goes to Juventus of all times. 

Simply just picks the best team in each league to stat pad.

Best managers manage the best teams no?

It's not like he's going to take a job managing West Ham just for the LOLs. 

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

Best managers manage the best teams no?

It's not like he's going to take a job managing West Ham just for the LOLs. 

Easy job managing teams that have just utterly been dominating the league for years. 

It was so obvious the only teams Pep would ever go to was either going to be PSG or Juventus. 

And who said anything about West Ham you uppity smartmouth? Whats wrong with going to a team like Dortmund? Or Inter? Or any team of that caliber. There are plenty of teams he can choose to go, yet he picks the easiest ones where winning the league is almost a given. Ultimate stat padder. 

2 minutes ago, ENygma said:

Easy job managing teams that have just utterly been dominating the league for years. 

To be fair it's not like City were completely dominating before he came to England. 

6 minutes ago, ENygma said:

It was so obvious the only teams Pep would ever go to was either going to be PSG or Juventus. 

And who said anything about West Ham you uppity smartmouth? Whats wrong with going to a team like Dortmund? Or Inter? Or any team of that caliber. There are plenty of teams he can choose to go, yet he picks the easiest ones where winning the league is almost a given. Ultimate stat padder. 

He's the best manager in the world so obviously he's going to go to the best teams. What does he gain from going Dortmund or Inter? 

Less money, worse squad, less budget. 

Why don't you quit your job and go get a harder one for less money? 

What a bizarre view you have.

3 minutes ago, ENygma said:

He's had 3 jobs. First job was Barca and he transformed a flagging Rijkaard side into one of the best teams of the modern era. 

Went Bayern and inherited a great side from Heynckes but prior to that season they hadn't won the league for two years. Going Germany was a surprise, he could probably have earned more money going PSG or a team in England. 

Then he went City who despite their unprecedented level of investment have struggled to become a dominate force in English football but that's what Pep's turned them into. 

Why would he take a job managing Inter Milan when he can take the Juventus job? It just makes no sense. 

If someone offered you the chance to be manager of Bentley or manager Skoda of course you're going to want to take the Bentley job... Why wouldn't you? 

28 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

To be fair it's not like City were completely dominating before he came to England. 

Maybe not completely, but they were by far the easiest team to start managing when they came in. Everyone else was in a state of mess.

21 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He's had 3 jobs. First job was Barca and he transformed a flagging Rijkaard side into one of the best teams of the modern era. 

Went Bayern and inherited a great side from Heynckes but prior to that season they hadn't won the league for two years. Going Germany was a surprise, he could probably have earned more money going PSG or a team in England. 

Then he went City who despite their unprecedented level of investment have struggled to become a dominate force in English football but that's what Pep's turned them into. 

Why would he take a job managing Inter Milan when he can take the Juventus job? It just makes no sense. 

If someone offered you the chance to be manager of Bentley or manager Skoda of course you're going to want to take the Bentley job... Why wouldn't you? 

The point im trying to make is, he's not a Mourinho or Fergie who can take pretty average sides and turn them into world beaters. Porto and Milan for example, and Fergie has made multiple Utd world beater teams when they had no right to be as good as they were. 

Pep on the other hard inherits great players and teams to the point its not really much of a challenge. 

Even when he was at Barca, he inherited a barca team that Messi. Iniesta and Xavi were just peaking... I mean a monkey could have managed that Barca side to success.

he inherited Bayern after they'd literally just won the trouble and dismantled Barca 7-1 in the CL.

Inherited City with all this money and everyone around them were struggling. 

Sorry but hes most definitely overrated and has been bouncing between clubs where its harder to go trophyless than win trophies. 

31 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He's the best manager in the world so obviously he's going to go to the best teams. What does he gain from going Dortmund or Inter? 

Less money, worse squad, less budget. 

Why don't you quit your job and go get a harder one for less money? 

What a bizarre view you have.

what a buffoon you are.

What exactly makes him the best manager in the world? If anything, hes not even the best in the prem. That title going to Klopp because he pretty much turned a failing, poor liverpool team into champions of europe and back to back champions league finals. Not to mention their massive improvement in league performance

3 minutes ago, ENygma said:

what a buffoon you are.

What exactly makes him the best manager in the world? If anything, hes not even the best in the prem. That title going to Klopp because he pretty much turned a failing, poor liverpool team into champions of europe and back to back champions league finals. Not to mention their massive improvement in league performance

You have every right to say Klopp is the best in the world, same as some people can (wrongly !) say Ronaldo is better than Messi. 

But if Klopp is number one, Pep is number two. No doubt about that in my mind. 

Ronaldo isn't a worse player because he's only ever played for the best teams and neither is Pep a worse manager. The pressure is bigger. Barcelona sacked the next manager (after Tito). Bayern Munich sacked the manager after Pep (Carlo). 

2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

For me the best managers in world football; 

1) Pep
2) Klopp
3) Poch
4) Zidane
5) Sarri

Question: out of the above who would have being able or is able to win the title with Chelsea's current squad including Hazard?

4 minutes ago, Gentian said:

Question: out of the above who would have being able or is able to win the title with Chelsea's current squad including Hazard?

All 5. Maybe not ZiZi

Not next year, but 2-3 years with this squad and a couple of additions, all 5 could win the league. 

Outside of those 5, I'd suggest Bielsa could too. I am amazed he isn't linked with us.

26 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

For me the best managers in world football; 

1) Pep
2) Klopp
3) Poch
4) Zidane
5) Sarri

Poch and Sarri aren't the best managers, you have to have demonstrated an ability to consistently deliver trophies, in my opinion, to be deemed the best. 

No way on earth Poch or Sarri can be in that list, ok theirs possibly a small chance Sarri can be in due to winning a European trophy this season but even thats a massive push. 

8 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

All 5. Maybe not ZiZi

Not next year, but 2-3 years with this squad and a couple of additions, all 5 could win the league. 

Outside of those 5, I'd suggest Bielsa could too. I am amazed he isn't linked with us.

With additions ofcourse we will win again even if we dont have any of the above managers. Conte won us the title in his first season and i feel he is second to Guardiola atm. Klopp has being at Liverpool many years now and has made many additions yet has not won the title. 

3 minutes ago, Gentian said:

With additions ofcourse we will win again even if we dont have any of the above managers. Conte won us the title in his first season and i feel he is second to Guardiola atm. Klopp has being at Liverpool many years now and has made many additions yet has not won the title. 

Fair point, but back to back champions league finals with 1 win is pretty f**king impressive if you ask me

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Poch and Sarri aren't the best managers, you have to have demonstrated an ability to consistently deliver trophies, in my opinion, to be deemed the best. 

Then why is Klopp on that list?

Klopp has been managing at the highest level since 2008 and has won 2 league titles and a Champions league (though considering the final was against spuds shouldn't really count, as spuds will always bottle it)

Sarri has only been at the highest level since 2015. 

Considering how long Klopp has been managing top teams he hasn't won much. 

Just now, ENygma said:

Fair point, but back to back champions league finals with 1 win is pretty f**king impressive if you ask me

Not, when it is against spuds, or have we regressed so much when beating Spuds is a great achievement. Go look at the 2012 Bayern team, it would tear, spuds or the Dippers to shreds. 

Just now, kiwi1691 said:

Not, when it is against spuds, or have we regressed so much when beating Spuds is a great achievement. Go look at the 2012 Bayern team, it would tear, spuds or the Dippers to shreds. 

You cant just look at who they played in the final. They beat Barca from being 3-0 down ffs. Thats impressive no matter how you try to spin it.

9 minutes ago, Gentian said:

f**king hell no. Conte is not the second best manager in the world. 

3 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Then why is Klopp on that list?

Klopp has been managing at the highest level since 2008 and has won 2 league titles and a Champions league (though considering the final was against spuds shouldn't really count, as spuds will always bottle it)

Sarri has only been at the highest level since 2015. 

Considering how long Klopp has been managing top teams he hasn't won much. 

Klopp's questionable too but he's achieved quite a lot. 

Won the league twice with Dortmund despite Bayern being a juggernaut in that league. Reached 3 European Cup finals as well. 

Does it warrant him being classed as one of the 5 best managers? Maybe not but he's more deserving that Poch and Sarri in my mind. 

9 minutes ago, Gentian said:

f**king hell no. Conte is not the second best manager in the world.