coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Just now, bisright1 said:

f**king hell no. Conte is not the second best manager in the world. 

I think next year will prove it otherwise. I am confident that inter will win the title or come very close with Conte in charge. 

I agree that Sarri is a good manager too but we need a few attacking additions and someone like John Terry as his assistant or even dennis wise as zola is way too nice.

1 hour ago, ENygma said:

The point im trying to make is, he's not a Mourinho or Fergie who can take pretty average sides and turn them into world beaters. Porto and Milan for example, and Fergie has made multiple Utd world beater teams when they had no right to be as good as they were. 

Pep on the other hard inherits great players and teams to the point its not really much of a challenge. 

Even when he was at Barca, he inherited a barca team that Messi. Iniesta and Xavi were just peaking... I mean a monkey could have managed that Barca side to success.

he inherited Bayern after they'd literally just won the trouble and dismantled Barca 7-1 in the CL.

Inherited City with all this money and everyone around them were struggling. 

Sorry but hes most definitely overrated and has been bouncing between clubs where its harder to go trophyless than win trophies. 

Porto weren't average and Inter certainly weren't. Also Fergie didn't walse into United say abracadabra and suddenly start winning, he was afforded nearly a decades worth of patience and trust in the market to get to that point, a 40 year old Fergie today would probably get more money and rise quicker, would that make him a lesser manager? Ofcourse not.

Yes Pep had had a financial advantage at his clubs, as did Matino, Valverde, Rijkaard, Pellegrini, Hughes and Mancini at the same clubs, if it was so easy, why couldn't they dominate the same way?

Just now, Gentian said:

I think next year will prove it otherwise. I am confident that inter will win the title or come very close with Conte in charge. 

I agree that Sarri is a good manager too but we need a few attacking additions and someone like John Terry as his assistant or even dennis wise as zola is way too nice.

I don't think that. Conte is vastly overrated by some on here. He had one good season with his system. He wasn't able to replicate it for a second season. I personally can see him leaving Inter after a year. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Argo said:

Yes Pep had had a financial advantage at his clubs, as did Matino, Valverde, Rijkaard, Pellegrini, Hughes and Mancini at the same clubs, if it was so easy, why couldn't they dominate the same way?

Have you forgotten Barca won the 2006  Champions league. They had an average season the next season, but people act like Barca were a disaster before Pep took over. 

Edited by kiwi1691

16 hours ago, coco said:

Sarri still favourite to go to Turin, but over the last 24 hours betting (skybet) has gone out from 1/10 to 1/5, whilst Pep has gone from 9/2 to 7/2.

Betting for Juve manager is getting interesting, another day and another reduction in the odds for Pep to get the job.

Sarri 1/10 to 1/5 now at 1/4

Pep 9/2 to 7/2 yesterday and in again today to 3/1

1 hour ago, ENygma said:

what a buffoon you are.

What exactly makes him the best manager in the world? If anything, hes not even the best in the prem. That title going to Klopp because he pretty much turned a failing, poor liverpool team into champions of europe and back to back champions league finals. Not to mention their massive improvement in league performance

Mate.. He's literally just won the domestic quadruple.

Not to mention dominating with Barca for so long.

Posted (edited)

Maurizio Sarri to be unveiled as Juventus Manager by Monday. 

€6 million compensation fee that Juve are trying to find other ways of paying (perhaps Higuain repayments). 

- Gazzetta dello Sport

“More meetings in Milan to close the deal for Sarri to join Juventus. 

“Abramovich will keep his word already given on Friday 31st May. 

“Juve ask for Emerson as part of the deal, but the last word is on Chelsea who are transfer banned”.

- Alfredo Pedulla

Edging closer it seems. 

Edited by JM7

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

For me the best managers in world football; 

1) Pep
2) Klopp
3) Poch
4) Zidane
5) Sarri

How the hell have poch and Sarri got in that list? 

2 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Both consistently successful at their clubs, achieving above what can be expected year on year and performing at the top. 

The gap between the top 2 and the next 3 though is huge. I primarily put Sarri in there to keep the thread on topic

Who else would you put in there? 

28 minutes ago, JM7 said:

€6 million compensation fee that Juve are trying to find other ways of paying (perhaps Higuain repayments). 

- Gazzetta dello Sport

“Juve ask for Emerson as part of the deal, but the last word is on Chelsea who are transfer banned”.

- Alfredo Pedulla

Edging closer it seems. 

Why is it so hard for them to pay 6m?

5 minutes ago, chi blue said:

He only watches the premier league

Posted (edited)

I don't think that. Conte is vastly overrated by some on here. He had one good season with his system. He wasn't able to replicate it for a second season. I personally can see him leaving Inter after a year. 

Conte has won league titles in two different countries. 

Poch and Sarri haven't won one between them. 

Conte might be overrated but he's definitely a better coach than those two. 

Edited by ForeverCarefree

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

Conte has won a league titles in two different countries. 

Poch and Sarri haven't won one between them. 

Conte might be overrated but he's definitely a better coach than those two. 

Poch and Sarri would both win the title at Juventus. Sarri will win it next year.

Controversial as it is, but I think Sarri's achievements this year, with everything under consideration, match Contes year at Chelsea when we won the title. You can only play the hand you are dealt. Sarri was dealt a bum hand and still walked away with the europa league and 3rd place. Conte was dealt a team that should have won the league for the past 3 years, and won the league. It was a great achievement, but I think sometimes massively overvalued by some fans. 

Poch for me, managing a club like Tottenham from being London's version of Everton into being a club considered as one of the top 6, is greater than either achievement. Tottenham were in a CL final for f**ks sake...Tottenham!

He has done for Tottenham what RA did for us. I don't think Conte could do that.

38 minutes ago, JM7 said:

- Gazzetta dello Sport

- Alfredo Pedulla

Edging closer it seems. 

We're letting them have our under contract manager, and they also ask for Emerson?  You've got some balls my friend...…..

1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Poch and Sarri would both win the title at Juventus. Sarri will win it next year.

Controversial as it is, but I think Sarri's achievements this year, with everything under consideration, match Contes year at Chelsea when we won the title. You can only play the hand you are dealt. Sarri was dealt a bum hand and still walked away with the europa league and 3rd place. Conte was dealt a team that should have won the league for the past 3 years, and won the league. It was a great achievement, but I think sometimes massively overvalued by some fans. 

Poch for me, managing a club like Tottenham from being London's version of Everton into being a club considered as one of the top 6, is greater than either achievement. Tottenham were in a CL final for f**ks sake...Tottenham!

He has done for Tottenham what RA did for us. I don't think Conte could do that.

But here's the thing, so much of what you're basing a manager's ability on is subjective. Sarri/Poch could have matched the achievements of others you think but so far they haven't, no one has trusted them with big teams, with expectations of winning trophies until Sarri this year. 

I'm sorry but winning a league title, winning 30 of your matches along the way, far outranks a 3rd place finish and Europa League win. 

If you're going to start adjudging manager's ranking based on the perceived quality of the teams they are managing you open the argument up to a whole new level. I could make an argument that Sean Dyche is a superior manager to Poch based on the resources he's had available to him and that if he'd managed Real Madrid he'd have been able to match Zidane's achievements there. 

Trophies won, especially league titles, is the best barometer for manager's ability because it shows their ability to get teams playing well and winning consistently throughout the course of season. 

3 minutes ago, evissy said:

No way we let Emerson go. He was very good and in the EL I'd say excellent. 

Can't see it happening with the transfer ban, especially with Atletico Madrid's rumoured interest in Alonso. 

45 minutes ago, JM7 said:

- Gazzetta dello Sport

- Alfredo Pedulla

Edging closer it seems. 

Ha ha, these idiots dont half write some sh*te. Who in their right mind would believe this.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

Have you forgotten Barca won the 2006  Champions league. They had an average season the next season, but people act like Barca were a disaster before Pep took over. 

They were 20 points behind Real and 10 behind Villarreal the year before, they stagnated, declined and had an ageing/unmotivated side apart from Messi and Iniesta. And it wasn't a case of lucky timing with any of the players apart from maybe Messi. Xavi was 28 and not considered world class at that point and Iniesta was 24 and by no means a guarenteed starter, what he did with those two was extraordinary.

He's got rid of the unmotivated (Zambrotta, Dinho) and had others (Henry, Puyol) feel a new lease of life, he promoted Busquets, signed Keita, Alves and Pique and within weeks his team was unrecognisable to the previous year. He set a standard that had even the best managers, players and teams being forced to submit and play like plucky underdogs seeking an unlikely giant killing, the sheer control they had on teams is something I've never seen before, especially in his third season where they literally toyed with the two biggest clubs in the world managed by two greats of the game.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any flaws but this myth that he was a lucky passenger on the Barcelona steam train is just pure and utter nonsense, he was every bit as big a reason for their utter dominance in that era as Messi was, if not more so.

Edited by Argo

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

He's certainly ahead of Poch and Sarri by some distance.

1. Zidane

2. Klopp

3. Guardiola

4. Allegri

5. Conte

He's easy a top 5 manager in the world, Don Conte.

2 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Conte is so overrated on here it's nuts. He won't win anything with that Inter side.

He's taking over an Inter team that's finished 4th, 4th and 7th in their last 3 seasons finishing an average of about 22 points behind Juventus. 

It's pretty unlikely he'll win anything in his first season for sure but if he gets them somewhere nearer the top he'll be doing well. 

If he gets backed in the market I reckon he could get them much closer the Juventus within 2 seasons. 

Both consistently successful at their clubs, achieving above what can be expected year on year and performing at the top. 

The gap between the top 2 and the next 3 though is huge. I primarily put Sarri in there to keep the thread on topic

Who else would you put in there? 

jose, carlo, conte, simeone

4 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If he gets backed in the market I reckon he could get them much closer the Juventus within 2 seasons. 

If........and if they dont the dummy is right out the pram again.