coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

In that case its ironic that he's going to a club where the fans already want him out and he haven't even signed for them yet.

Big difference between not wanting him, and not welcoming him.

Think of obtaining goals in life akin to swimming a river with a swift current. You can aim for a specific point on the opposite bank & then swimming aim to reach it. Inevitably the current will push you up or downstream from your target destination. That’s life. That’s how it is at Chelsea FC. Long term fan, imo 16 trophies in 16 years is unequalled, doom & gloom aside I’m excited for next season it’s defo gonna be a one off. 

Carefree then 

Cynic in me thinks Juventus, Chelsea and Sarri knew this was happening a long long time ago. And he knew himself he was never ever staying, despite the obvious BS in his public pressers.

But then the other part of me thinks that Juve and Sarri certainly had this planned for months (without us), and he had the meeting with us after the EL final, and more or less resigned on the spot. I don't buy the nonsense that he asked Marina "do you want me to stay?" because no one does that when they're under contract. No one.  You just keep on going until you're told otherwise. Anyway my money is firmly in the 'he resigned' camp.  1. Because he would rather manage Juventus than us, that simple. And it's a return home.  2. He knew the majority in the ground, and it definitely is a majority, did not like him or want him back next season.   Sarri is not a dull man, he made his decision long ago.

They won't pay compo as dimarzio reported because they'll probably write off whatever is owing on Higuain's loan from Jan. 

He is not in Italy on holiday, i think we can safely confirm that.  He is there ready to sign and will do so next week.  The next manager odds for us are not even interesting me at the moment because I am certain it's Lampard with Morris and JT.

5 hours ago, coco said:

Bookies have almost given it to Lampard in to 1/6. Allegri out from 3/1 to 11/2

My issue with this is I don’t think he is ready and it would be sh*t to sack frank, I’m hoping we announce him as caretaker manager until we find a replacement that way he saves face if it does wrong and if he does well can appoint permanent.

4 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

My issue with this is I don’t think he is ready and it would be sh*t to sack frank, I’m hoping we announce him as caretaker manager until we find a replacement that way he saves face if it does wrong and if he does well can appoint permanent.

Why would Lampard hand in his contract with Derby (don't know how long he has left, let's say 2 years) for a caretaker position with all its uncertainties? And why would the club wait and see what happens with that caretaker? There's hardly a large pool of available quality managers out there to pick from in mid-season,  if Lampard is not doing well - or well enough.

4 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

We should call all our managers caretaker managers in that case 

4 hours ago, Valerie said:

Why would Lampard hand in his contract with Derby (don't know how long he has left, let's say 2 years) for a caretaker position with all its uncertainties? And why would the club wait and see what happens with that caretaker? There's hardly a large pool of available quality managers out there to pick from in mid-season,  if Lampard is not doing well - or well enough.

At first I was reluctant regarding Frank- bit like Newcastle who had a few ex players that took the helm- arrived to massive fanfare and generally ended in tears- however think this could be different if he’s got a wily, streetwise number two alongside him.

Hes extremely bright- his IQ puts him in the top 5% or similar, has served under some of the most decorated managers in the game, knows how modern day elite footballers tick, and is no scrinking violet by all accounts.

If your good enough your old enough. Worth giving a sh*t IMO

4 hours ago, Valerie said:

At first I was reluctant regarding Frank- bit like Newcastle who had a few ex players that took the helm- arrived to massive fanfare and generally ended in tears- however think this could be different if he’s got a wily, streetwise number two alongside him.

Hes extremely bright- his IQ puts him in the top 5% or similar, has served under some of the most decorated managers in the game, knows how modern day elite footballers tick, and is no scrinking violet by all accounts.

If your good enough your old enough. Worth giving it a shot IMO

You think city or Liverpool would lose a world class player integral to their team at his prime to RM? It can be argued Hazard had that ambition always but if we were playing like city or Liverpool I highly doubt it.

Would a manager leave those clubs because the club didn’t talk to him and the fans boo him yet he does considerably  better in his first season that both pep and klopp and met and exceedee his targets? 

Some will argue it’s a dream job for an Italian but if we were backing him and he thought he could grow on what he did would he leave early, not a chance.

We are clearly not doing things right and need a long term strategy but it’s “not about what others think wah wah” and it’s about being greatful for being on the titanic even although you’re starting to see icebergs ahead but keep on going because sailing straight worked up until now and the ships put on some lovely entertainment recently. 

Yes Liverpool did exactly the same thing with coutinho except they were able to reinvest the money which makes a big difference.

From my point of view as a third party, it's more troubling the strategy relative to managers. Conte in my opinion is a better manager than sarri and was let go because the board didn't support him. Sarri until a few months ago was continuously under fire from media and fans with no protection whatsoever from the club.

On the other hand this seems to always have been the Chelsea approach and even though it's counterintuitive it has worked well now often than not in terms of results, so maybe they will be proven right again

19 hours ago, RickUK said:

Cynic in me thinks Juventus, Chelsea and Sarri knew this was happening a long long time ago. And he knew himself he was never ever staying, despite the obvious BS in his public pressers.

But then the other part of me thinks that Juve and Sarri certainly had this planned for months (without us), and he had the meeting with us after the EL final, and more or less resigned on the spot. I don't buy the nonsense that he asked Marina "do you want me to stay?" because no one does that when they're under contract. No one.  You just keep on going until you're told otherwise. Anyway my money is firmly in the 'he resigned' camp.  1. Because he would rather manage Juventus than us, that simple. And it's a return home.  2. He knew the majority in the ground, and it definitely is a majority, did not like him or want him back next season.   Sarri is not a dull man, he made his decision long ago.

They won't pay compo as dimarzio reported because they'll probably write off whatever is owing on Higuain's loan from Jan. 

He is not in Italy on holiday, i think we can safely confirm that.  He is there ready to sign and will do so next week.  The next manager odds for us are not even interesting me at the moment because I am certain it's Lampard with Morris and JT.

I don't think so, Guardiola and Poch were their first choices and both declined, Guardiola declined on several times I believe. So Sarri was 3rd choice. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I don't think so, Guardiola and Poch were their first choices and both declined, Guardiola declined on several times I believe. So Sarri was 3rd choice. 

I dont think they ever tried for Pep or Poch. Sarri to Juve has been in the works for months IMO.  

31 minutes ago, DidierDidier said:

Sounds like the classic example of an agent exaggerating or making something up to benefit his client. 

Indeed. That name came out of nowhere 

21 hours ago, Valerie said:

Because it’s Chelsea...and for said reason, he would, in my opinion rather take high profile job and get thrown in at the deep end with a club he knows well, the experience will be priceless as caretaker manager than take the job in its full capacity.

The reason as mentioned is that frank knows he doesn’t have the experience to manage at top level and I think him and the club would rather he has the job and got the experience with a way to keep face, him getting sacked doesn’t look good for the club or him. 

Whats wrong with the way UTD didn’t it? We both lost a manager the fact that it’s end of season it’s still last minute as we had a contract and the club have said there was no intention to lose him.

In such cases an interim manager is appointed and when it’s an old club legend early in their career it’s normally on that basis, OGS, Zidan and there are further examples. 

If we took away the romance and imagined he was just based in his managerial abilities frank  as a manager would never be considered by a club like Chelsea, he just wouldn’t, ex players are brought in for moral and to steady the ship, in our case we have a ban and lost our manager and our best player we are in a pickle.

It all points to an interim position rather than full time. 

By the time we can register players again we should have about 300+ million in the kitty, yiu don’t think they are going to let a manager with 1 season in the championship spend 300 million do you? 

What should happen is frank should come until the ban is over then we get a manager with a long term strategy and back him in the window  at which point frank can move to assistant manager, that’s his level right now.

Going from your first season in the championship to manager at chealsea with the job of bringing back your 2 best prospects from injury, replacing your superstar player, dealing with a transfer ban, then having 300 million to rebuild, come on, that would not be cleverly would it or you think it would be?

Who would be his staff, the derby lot? Top managers bring their team, we know zola isn’t  nearly as good as Steve Holland and whoever sarri took with him.

For all these reasons Frank shouldn’t be appounted manager except in the capacity of Interim for his sake and for the clubs, if he does so and is assistant for a few years under some top coaches he will be ready to be out long term manager, if we hire and fire him now, it could ruin that in the long term.

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

10 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

Yes Liverpool did exactly the same thing with coutinho except they were able to reinvest the money which makes a big difference.

From my point of view as a third party, it's more troubling the strategy relative to managers. Conte in my opinion is a better manager than sarri and was let go because the board didn't support him. Sarri until a few months ago was continuously under fire from media and fans with no protection whatsoever from the club.

On the other hand this seems to always have been the Chelsea approach and even though it's counterintuitive it has worked well now often than not in terms of results, so maybe they will be proven right again

I agree with the middle not the start and the end, Liverpool we’re nowhere near the team they are now when they sold courtinho today they wouldn’t let go say salah to RM not a chance.

Finaly it has worked well so far yes but the first jet planes worked well until they started breaking up and they realised it’s not just about getting the speed it’s detaios, square windows creating stress points, so they made the windows round.

Just because our strategy worked short term doesn’t mean it will work long term, first we aren’t the financial powerhouse we were we are probably 4th in ability to spend, second managers will not be attracted as they once were, our consistency has gone and we aren’t at the elite level, we squeezed the hire and fire method until it dried up and it has it’s not going to yield for us anymore we need a long term strategy and that’s not it there aren’t enough top level managers, it takes decades to form a top manager we are going through 1 a year. 

Media are saying that Sarri to Juve is done and will be announced over the next day or so. 

I presume the club will have been in discussions with either Lampard or Allgeri (the main 2 front runners) over the last few days.

Media are also saying that the players want Lampard but it’s the board who (quite rightly) see it as a risk and Allgeri is seen as a safer bet. 

I do think that if it is Lampard, the club have to do it alongside a proper long term strategy. Not a half baked one like this season but a strategy where they are patient and allow time. 

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Media are saying that Sarri to Juve is done and will be announced over the next day or so. 

I presume the club will have been in discussions with either Lampard or Allgeri (the main 2 front runners) over the last few days.

Media are also saying that the players want Lampard but it’s the board who (quite rightly) see it as a risk and Allgeri is seen as a safer bet. 

I do think that if it is Lampard, the club have to do it alongside a proper long term strategy. Not a half baked one like this season but a strategy where they are patient and allow time. 

Lampard is the option you can't plan long ahead. There is no history with him and coaching. If things start to go south Frank is out as fast as they kicked Di Matteo following the CL Glory. 

I think Frank won't take the job. 

If the club is to offer Lampard the job, offer him the 3 year deal or both sides shouldn't be bothered. Everyone knows the short term risk of Lampard in charge, if the club can't guarantee him time and resources, it's a waste of time and insult to a club legend.

7 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

If the club is to offer Lampard the job, offer him the 3 year deal or both sides shouldn't be bothered. Everyone knows the short term risk of Lampard in charge, if the club can't guarantee him time and resources, it's a waste of time and insult to a club legend.

We can give Lampard a 5 year deal and he might be kicked out before Christmas. We need a 5 year plan to go along with the 5 year deal. There needs to be achievable milestones and both parties need to be on the same page with them. 

I personally think Lampard might end up being a legendary manager. He is very smart, open, likeable enjoys great respect in the footballing world. He could also be very succesful with us right from the start. He is also what you call new breed. He will use all the data available and will surround himself with smart people.