coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

7 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

If the club is to offer Lampard the job, offer him the 3 year deal or both sides shouldn't be bothered. Everyone knows the short term risk of Lampard in charge, if the club can't guarantee him time and resources, it's a waste of time and insult to a club legend.

We can give Lampard a 5 year deal and he might be kicked out before Christmas. We need a 5 year plan to go along with the 5 year deal. There needs to be achievable milestones and both parties need to be on the same page with them. 

I personally think Lampard might end up being a legendary manager. He is very smart, open, likeable enjoys great respect in the footballing world. He could also be very succesful with us right from the start. He is also what you call new breed. He will use all the data available and will surround himself with smart people. 

2 hours ago, Zola said:

Much too soon for Frank.... or is it? 

I had an image of you typing this while twirling your moustache......

1 hour ago, evissy said:

We can give Lampard a 5 year deal and he might be kicked out before Christmas. We need a 5 year plan to go along with the 5 year deal. There needs to be achievable milestones and both parties need to be on the same page with them. 

I personally think Lampard might end up being a legendary manager. He is very smart, open, likeable enjoys great respect in the footballing world. He could also be very succesful with us right from the start. He is also what you call new breed. He will use all the data available and will surround himself with smart people. 

I think we should go full Pardew-at-Newcastle and offer Frank an 8-year deal. That will show faith and a long-term outlook/project. 

Posted (edited)

Contract length for managers is meaningless.  As we've have seen everywhere, but especially at our club, you can be sacked, or you can ask to leave.  Number of years offered does not correlate to any long term philosophy or commitment by either party.

As for the comments earlier about naming Frank as "interim" manager...…….there is no better way to undermine him with constant speculation over whether the club will name him permanently, or with the speculation over who might take over permanently.  Exactly the same scenario as Manchester United went through with OGS.  If Frank started well, there would be calls to name him permanently.  If he didn't start well, there would be talk about how he isn't ready for a job like this.  It's a no win situation, and it would be unfair to put him on that situation.

We all know he's not ready yet.  That's the one reason people are skeptical about him.  He's a Chelsea legend, and he's had one very good year managing at Derby.  I suspect Frank knows he's not quite ready.  Everyone says an advantage to Frank being our manager is that he knows the club inside and out.  Well, that means he also knows what the expectations are and how impatient we can be as managers.  He will know better than anyone whether he feels ready to put himself in that position.  

I've said it before...…..the one scenario that makes sense for Frank & Jody to come back is if we serve the transfer ban and have to rely on young players.  That our expectations in the first year will be the lowest they have been in the Abramovich years, and that could allow him the low pressure environment to gain a valuable year of experience.  But I still come back to the fact that if that happens, Lampard will have doubled his managerial experience at the end of our transfer ban.  Lampard is the choice of the heart when what we need is a choice with the head.

I read that there is a real conflict in the boardroom over who to choose.  I find that interesting.  And positive.  It means that there are people at the club who recognize that a different direction is needed.  That perhaps continuing in the direction we went with Sarri might be the correct way to go.  Prior to Sarri, I thing we'd be focusing on the best name available, and that is Allegri.  

The other dynamic is that this is least attractive we have ever been to potential managerial candidates.  Negativity toward a manager that seemingly delivered a successful season, the best player has left, three of your brightest young players have long term injuries and won't be available for pre-season and beyond, aging and declining players like Alonso, Pedro, Willian, the transfer ban, and uncertainty over Higuaín and Kovacic.  The team looks old and thin, and there isn't much to work with to mold it into something you want without the ability to buy players.  Why would an Allegri, coming off such league success with Juve, look at our situation and see it as the next logical step in his career? 

Frank de Boer was brought in by Crystal Palace for the same reasons we want Lampard, or even Ten Hag:  Pretty football, a different philosophy.  It went horribly wrong and lasted four games before he was sacked, and that was for a club whose expectations are way lower than ours.  

The choice of next manager is critical, and list of potential candidates has never been smaller.

Edited by Boston Blue

I am against Frank simply because he needs more time even pep managed Barcelona B team a couple seasons before moving up if am not mistaken but if that's the clubs direction am in full support and will back him even though it's not my choice.

I am against Frank simply because he needs more time even pep managed Barcelona B team a couple seasons before moving up if am not mistaken but if that's the clubs direction am in full support and will back him even though it's not my choice.

On 08/06/2019 at 19:21, coco said:

he wasnt made welcome, he knew what those fans in Cardiff were chanting, and in the end he had the last laugh on us.

He was made perfectly welcome. It wasn't until February we heard dissent at the ground. He came to Chelsea, he signed a deal, we got the players he wanted, paid big for them too, and we stuck with him during a really poor run of form, which is unusual in the Roman regime. The travelling fans who had got up at 4 in the morning and paid good money expressed their displeasure while witnessing yet another identikit abysmal performance and that's caused him to jump ship? If you're right then thank f**k he's leaving. We need someone with a bit more about him than that, in my humble opinion.

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 03:20, WalterWhiteCFC said:

My issue with this is I don’t think he is ready and it would be sh*t to sack frank, I’m hoping we announce him as caretaker manager until we find a replacement that way he saves face if it does wrong and if he does well can appoint permanent.

That's a bit more Jesse Pinkman than Walter White.

Yo Bitch! You either run from things or you face them. Yeah like Frank has a plan but lets keep it real dude. We can make like raspberry slushie then flush him down the toilet. Chelsea have the least pickiest fans.

I do think we can't expect anything special next season and it will be a struggle to get top 4 so I hope whoever comes in they don't get booed.

I would hate our club be labelled a booing club.

It's obvious why Sarri should leave, if the club doesn't even want to fight for a transfer fee for him, they weren't going to back him enough... and at 60, if you get 1 year from Chelsea or 3 from Juventus... it should be obvious which road you take.

I worry about the club's direction right now, Sarri had a plan that he "stubbornly" stuck too, groomed young players to starting roles, and still qualified for a pot 1 CL spot.  I don't think we had a top 4 roster last season.  Mainly due to not having a true 9, and a need for a top central defender.

9 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

It's obvious why Sarri should leave, if the club doesn't even want to fight for a transfer fee for him, they weren't going to back him enough... and at 60, if you get 1 year from Chelsea or 3 from Juventus... it should be obvious which road you take.

I worry about the club's direction right now, Sarri had a plan that he "stubbornly" stuck too, groomed young players to starting roles, and still qualified for a pot 1 CL spot.  I don't think we had a top 4 roster last season.  Mainly due to not having a true 9, and a need for a top central defender.

I've read that Juve may forgive the 9 million loan fee we apparently still owe for Higuaín as a favor for letting Sarri out of his contract.  That's a decent deal.

It'd be foolish to let Sarri go for waiving that fee unless the club is simply looking for an excuse to get rid of.

Regardless of all the other factors it's about what Sarri is worth to Juventus ..... and that's a lot more than 9million.........and that's before taking into consideration how recent dealing have shaped the "transfer relationship" between clubs.

14 hours ago, Hazard STAY said:

Thats a great fecking deal in my honest opinion. We essentially had Higuain for free. 

Do we want Higuain for free? 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Do we want Higuain for free? 

Not what I said. We had Higuain last season for free is what I meant. Not have him in the future for free. 

21 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

Contract length for managers is meaningless.  As we've have seen everywhere, but especially at our club, you can be sacked, or you can ask to leave.  Number of years offered does not correlate to any long term philosophy or commitment by either party.

As for the comments earlier about naming Frank as "interim" manager...…….there is no better way to undermine him with constant speculation over whether the club will name him permanently, or with the speculation over who might take over permanently.  Exactly the same scenario as Manchester United went through with OGS.  If Frank started well, there would be calls to name him permanently.  If he didn't start well, there would be talk about how he isn't ready for a job like this.  It's a no win situation, and it would be unfair to put him on that situation.

We all know he's not ready yet.  That's the one reason people are skeptical about him.  He's a Chelsea legend, and he's had one very good year managing at Derby.  I suspect Frank knows he's not quite ready.  Everyone says an advantage to Frank being our manager is that he knows the club inside and out.  Well, that means he also knows what the expectations are and how impatient we can be as managers.  He will know better than anyone whether he feels ready to put himself in that position.  

I've said it before...…..the one scenario that makes sense for Frank & Jody to come back is if we serve the transfer ban and have to rely on young players.  That our expectations in the first year will be the lowest they have been in the Abramovich years, and that could allow him the low pressure environment to gain a valuable year of experience.  But I still come back to the fact that if that happens, Lampard will have doubled his managerial experience at the end of our transfer ban.  Lampard is the choice of the heart when what we need is a choice with the head.

I read that there is a real conflict in the boardroom over who to choose.  I find that interesting.  And positive.  It means that there are people at the club who recognize that a different direction is needed.  That perhaps continuing in the direction we went with Sarri might be the correct way to go.  Prior to Sarri, I thing we'd be focusing on the best name available, and that is Allegri.  

The other dynamic is that this is least attractive we have ever been to potential managerial candidates.  Negativity toward a manager that seemingly delivered a successful season, the best player has left, three of your brightest young players have long term injuries and won't be available for pre-season and beyond, aging and declining players like Alonso, Pedro, Willian, the transfer ban, and uncertainty over Higuaín and Kovacic.  The team looks old and thin, and there isn't much to work with to mold it into something you want without the ability to buy players.  Why would an Allegri, coming off such league success with Juve, look at our situation and see it as the next logical step in his career? 

Frank de Boer was brought in by Crystal Palace for the same reasons we want Lampard, or even Ten Hag:  Pretty football, a different philosophy.  It went horribly wrong and lasted four games before he was sacked, and that was for a club whose expectations are way lower than ours.  

The choice of next manager is critical, and list of potential candidates has never been smaller.

De Boer took over from Allardyce so had to start the new philosophy from scratch. Lampard/Ten Hag will come in with the initial ground work done for them.

The media now say we’re trying to convince him to stay. I guess once they miss the latest ‘done deal by Thursday’ bullsh*t they can’t bring themselves to move the goal posts again so the back tracking has begun...

I wonder how many fans share this opinion...

https://www.talkchelsea.net/opinions/maurizio-sarri-an-apology/

I've personally wanted him to stay all season and felt the lack of patience among our fans was ridiculous. I know it's unlikely, but I'm really hoping that what has been written in the press is a a lot of rubbish and Sarri ends up staying for another season.

11 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Too much smoke to be no fire. If you read his quotes, he obviously wants to go back to Italy and never intended to stay here long.

Sarri:

"I love the Premier League and I'm lucky I'm at Chelsea but at the end of each season you have to sit down and talk.

"In my opinion, I deserve to stay at Chelsea but my opinion is not enough."

“In this moment, I love them because I have 20, 22 wonderful men, and wonderful players. So now I am really very happy with them. Of course I have to consider it for the future and I have to consider that I love the English football and I love the Premier League,”

These are the only quotes that I've heard from Sarri.

I know there's an article going about which is translated from Italian (with no video to go with it), but the above quotes are the only ones I've heard with my own ears. And I've been scouring the internet looking for quotes from Sarri.

I know there's no smoke without fire in most cases and he will probably be gone, but I'm not giving up hope haha.