Jump to content


coco

Sarri - In or Out?


Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

  1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

    • In
      120
    • Out
      64


Recommended Posts

Dont understand this-  'that two can okay at the same game'

I'm not 'naive' but i'll admit to not knowing everything that goes on at the club nor does anyone. What i do know is that the club have massively f**k up on the financial front many times before and i'm expecting them to do the same again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

Dont understand this-  'that two can okay at the same game'

I'm not 'naive' but i'll admit to not knowing everything that goes on at the club nor does anyone. What i do know is that the club have massively f**k up on the financial front many times before and i'm expecting them to do the same again.

They dont though do they, financially we operate pretty well hence us turning profits in many recent seasons, yes they may spend more on players we dont like/ or dont think are worth it. But that isnt the same as saying financially we are badly run.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

They dont though do they, financially we operate pretty well hence us turning profits in many recent seasons, yes they may spend more on players we dont like/ or dont think are worth it. But that isnt the same as saying financially we are badly run.  

If you think that is a good business model good luck to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

They dont though do they, financially we operate pretty well hence us turning profits in many recent seasons, yes they may spend more on players we dont like/ or dont think are worth it. But that isnt the same as saying financially we are badly run.  

Not sure spending all that money as payoffs to sacked managers would be considered "financially we operate pretty well"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

They dont though do they, financially we operate pretty well hence us turning profits in many recent seasons, yes they may spend more on players we dont like/ or dont think are worth it. But that isnt the same as saying financially we are badly run.  

Not sure spending all that money as payoffs to sacked managers would be considered "financially we operate pretty well"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Not sure spending all that money as payoffs to sacked managers would be considered "financially we operate pretty well"

The one thing our non footballing board do is know finances and always make money especially on young players, our youth academy is a big revenue stream, marina f**ks up transfers like  koulibaly because she insists we get a great deal every time, this is why the sarri situation is dragging on, marina playing hardball over comp package. 

So yes financially we are run very well too well actually in the sense it impacts football success and again the players we waste money on are because we have no technical director and we don’t consult the coach we have non footballing people buying players, they sure get a good deal on crap players, we even made money on Papy D. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, coco said:

That is a lazy myth.

In the last five seasons 72 points was enough for the top 4 in three of those seasons.

 

I'm not talking about points tally overall. I'm talking about getting top 4 from the position we were in before every other team around us lost their bollocks. We needed the 3 teams around us to put in mid table and relegation form just for us to get ahead of them. If that was any other season, we wouldn't have achieved it. The only reason we were in a position to get top 4 to begin with was because of the new manager bounce. 

10 hours ago, bisright1 said:

We got top 4 because we lost only 2 of our last 12 games. We also got top 4 because we got something like 52 points out of a possibly 60 against the bottom 10 sides. We only lost to Leicester at home all season. 

Since the league cup final we've been really strong. I don't see how people cannot see that. My theory is that our fans are not unhappy with how Chelsea are playing, but unhappy with the game they are watching itself, that because it's more one sided it isn't as interesting to watch. We like seeing our team defend, and we don't see that as much anymore. 

My hope is that the work he's done this year will mean we continue to improve next year if we get a manager in who wants to play possession based football. If we plump for a manager who wants to revert to the counter attacking style that I don't think works anymore in the PL, then we will go backwards fast. But maybe that's what our fans want - a team that isn't so dominant with the ball which does need to defend. 

We only won 6 of those 12, scraping over the line against the likes of Fulham and Cardiff, picking up 1 win in April, 1 win in our final 5 games of the season and putting in really poor performances against Everton, Liverpool, Man United and Burnley. The only good performances out of any of those games was the 3-0 win against Brighton, the 2-0 win against Tottenham and 3-0 win against Watford. 

I wouldn't call us strong at the end of the season at all, just less sh*t than the others around us. We have been awful to watch since November for the majority of the games we have played.

I agree with you about not wanting to go back to being a counter attacking football though, but I also don't want to see Sarri's style of football next season.

9 hours ago, RMH said:

Yes, I mean, losing 3 - 0 at home to Bournemouth in January 2018 with Conte on the bench was not embarrasing. I'm not saying that this year's losses have not been dire performances (and I was at the City match), but here we go again with the overstatements because it is Sarri.

When did I say it wasn't embarrassing? That was an awful performance too, and when we were hammered 4-0 by Bournemouth earlier in the year, I was even saying then that it reminds me of that 3-0 defeat.

I'm not saying it just because it's Sarri either. If I think the manager has been sh*t, I will point it out. I did the same last season when Conte wouldn't shut up mouthing off about the squad not being good enough.

Edited by Scott Harris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

The one thing our non footballing board do is know finances and always make money especially on young players, our youth academy is a big revenue stream, marina f**ks up transfers like  koulibaly because she insists we get a great deal every time, this is why the sarri situation is dragging on, marina playing hardball over comp package. 

So yes financially we are run very well too well actually in the sense it impacts football success and again the players we waste money on are because we have no technical director and we don’t consult the coach we have non footballing people buying players, they sure get a good deal on crap players, we even made money on Papy D. 

 

There is only one bottom line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not talking about points tally overall. I'm talking about getting top 4 from the position we were in before every other team around us lost their bollocks. We needed the 3 teams around us to put in mid table and relegation form just for us to get ahead of them. If that was any other season, we wouldn't have achieved it. The only reason we were in a position to get top 4 to begin with was because of the new manager bounce. 

New manager bounce, you love your myths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not talking about points tally overall. I'm talking about getting top 4 from the position we were in before every other team around us lost their bollocks. We needed the 3 teams around us to put in mid table and relegation form just for us to get ahead of them. If that was any other season, we wouldn't have achieved it. The only reason we were in a position to get top 4 to begin with was because of the new manager bounce. 

Yes but that point is easily counteracted by the fact both Arsenal and United had title winning form for 1/3 of the season also under new manager bounces, i can just as easily say they wouldn't have got close to us in the first place if it weren't for that. Also the other 3 outperformed their XP tally by about 10 while ours was in line.

The season may have been very far from perfect but we were more than good value for 3rd place, infact given 72 points historically gets you top 4 more often than not and our XP total was so far ahead of our rivals i would say we would have been very unlucky to miss out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The only reason we were in a position to get top 4 to begin with was because of the new manager bounce. 

Come on seriously think about what your saying, we only got third because of a new manager bounce myth at the beginning of the season, when two of the clubs Sarri beat for CL football both had new managers, so how do you work that one out ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Hardly a myth when it happens so often to so many clubs.

But it also doesn't happen quite often.  Just this last season Huddersfield and Fulham didn't have a new manager bounce.  Sure, they are bad teams, but it's all relative.  A new manager bounce for Man United was winning all of those games after Jose left.  For one of those bottom teams, it would more likely be just picking up points consistently over a good stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coco said:

Come on seriously think about what your saying, we only got third because of a new manager bounce myth at the beginning of the season, when two of the clubs Sarri beat for CL football both had new managers, so how do you work that one out ?

Only Arsenal had a new manager at the beginning of the season, United still had Mourinho. When they sacked Mourinho, they had new manager bounce under Solskjaer before it went tits up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

move the goal posts much ?

Ok lets go with Arsenal, why did they finish miserably below us when they had the new manager bounce as well ?

And why cant we count man utds mid-season new manager bounce ? Does it have to be the start :laugh2: of the season for the bounce to work ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, coco said:

move the goal posts much ?

Ok lets go with Arsenal, why did they finish miserably below us when they had the new manager bounce as well ?

And why cant we count man utds mid-season new manager bounce ? Does it have to be the start :laugh2: of the season for the bounce to work ?

Because their end of season form was relegation form. As bad as I think we have been at times this season, I won't go as far as to say we were that bad. And I never said we couldn't count United's mid-season new manager bounce, I actually did count it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Because their end of season form was relegation form. As bad as I think we have been at times this season, I won't go as far as to say we were that bad. And I never said we couldn't count United's mid-season new manager bounce, I actually did count it. 

We get it, you hate Sarri and you refuse to credit him with any success. The lengths you will go to claim he 'got lucky' is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

The one thing our non footballing board do is know finances and always make money especially on young players, our youth academy is a big revenue stream, marina f**ks up transfers like  koulibaly because she insists we get a great deal every time, this is why the sarri situation is dragging on, marina playing hardball over comp package. 

 

Amazing inside knowledge on both corporate and personal matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeh seems to be dragging, but i think the only indicator so far that tells me its soon ish, is Paratici in London (if true)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

‘All done by Thursday’ has now passed. What’s the next deadline that’ll be plucked out the air?

HOT DAYS! HOT DAYS I TELL YA! but my sources tell me it is imminent. In the coming minutes, hours, days or weeks even!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

marina f**ks up transfers like  koulibaly because she insists we get a great deal every time, this is why the sarri situation is dragging on, marina playing hardball over comp package. 

 

 

Just as selling clubs set a value on a player, so do buying clubs.  Marina did not f**k up a transfer simply because she refused to pay over the odds for a player.  She is doing exactly what Roman wants her to do.  If she wasn't, he would direct her to do it differently, or replace her.

Several teams have expressed an interest in Koulibaly.  Has every one of them f**ked up the transfer because they also refused to pay Napoli's high asking price?   In fact, Marina is to be praised here because it appears that the value she places on Koulibaly is more in line with the other teams interested in him.

Edited by Boston Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

‘All done by Thursday’ has now passed. What’s the next deadline that’ll be plucked out the air?

Can't we just say "it will be done tomorrow"?  That way, we'll be correct eventually...….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...