coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

13 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

Well Mr. Sarri good bye and good luck. Moving on to the next chapter in the world of Chelsea football club KTBFFH

I dunno if it’s me but haven’t had a feel good factor at Chelsea for a while maybe frank will bring that back, very curious and a bit apprehensive what the next chapter will be. 

I like results but I also like to feel good about the club, as stands there is no one that really gives me that feel good factor, maybe kante but generally as a squad and club, seems mourinho isn’t very popular at all on here now but I sure miss those days.

For me as a school boy when I actively started getting more into football as opposed to being a kid and dragged along,  brilliant memories when Rudd was in charge I felt we were making real progress I liked the players then under Ranieri you started to believe Chelsea could get somewhere so for me following on that morinho days were just ecstasy as a football supporter, and even after there were still brilliant seasons and players, we always held up well against the big teams because we could always defend and counter.

I was too young to care that much when we were in the second division my memories have either been watching us grow or at the top so maybe some of the older people are just happy to be around this level but for me I’ve always had that optimistic feel about Chelsea.

I hope whoever we bring in just does something different, the hire and fire up and down thing isn’t very fulfilling as a supporter .

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Amazing that you criticise and make sarcastic comments every time you get a chance but when I answer with logic like the last two times you don’t have the grace to acknowledge it just move in to the next one.

Its not inside knowledge that our youth system makes us money or that we do well on player sales, please explain your idiotic comment?

Why would that require inside knowledge trade prices for players are public, it’s also not inside knowledge that our owner and director don’t have footballing backgrounds, it’s also been spoken about publicly and in here that the koulibaly deal didn’t go through because of over negotiating.

At least make your sarcastic comments semi plausible. 

That wasn't what my comment on your as per usual ill-considered opinion was about. Read what I quoted from your post.

Edited by Valerie

Sarri:

"I love the Premier League and I'm lucky I'm at Chelsea but at the end of each season you have to sit down and talk.

"In my opinion, I deserve to stay at Chelsea but my opinion is not enough."

“In this moment, I love them because I have 20, 22 wonderful men, and wonderful players. So now I am really very happy with them. Of course I have to consider it for the future and I have to consider that I love the English football and I love the Premier League,”

These are the only quotes that I've heard from Sarri.

I know there's an article going about which is translated from Italian (with no video to go with it), but the above quotes are the only ones I've heard with my own ears. And I've been scouring the internet looking for quotes from Sarri.

I know there's no smoke without fire in most cases and he will probably be gone, but I'm not giving up hope haha.

So he loves the players and not the fans? I miss Conte

Knowing Marina, we’ll probably end up making a profit on this deal. I presume the compensation we get for Sarri will go on releasing Lampard which probably won’t be as money. 

2 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I dunno if it’s me but haven’t had a feel good factor at Chelsea for a while maybe frank will bring that back, very curious and a bit apprehensive what the next chapter will be. 

I like results but I also like to feel good about the club, as stands there is no one that really gives me that feel good factor, maybe kante but generally as a squad and club, seems mourinho isn’t very popular at all on here now but I sure miss those days.

For me as a school boy when I actively started getting more into football as opposed to being a kid and dragged along,  brilliant memories when Rudd was in charge I felt we were making real progress I liked the players then under Ranieri you started to believe Chelsea could get somewhere so for me following on that morinho days were just ecstasy as a football supporter, and even after there were still brilliant seasons and players, we always held up well against the big teams because we could always defend and counter.

I was too young to care that much when we were in the second division my memories have either been watching us grow or at the top so maybe some of the older people are just happy to be around this level but for me I’ve always had that optimistic feel about Chelsea.

I hope whoever we bring in just does something different, the hire and fire up and down thing isn’t very fulfilling as a supporter .

I remember the old second div. Some of the best days of my life, we had one hell of an away following in those days and just to get promoted was something i'll always remember.

There''s a lot of anti Lampard for the Chelsea job, but i would love it if he does get to be our next manager. It wont happen  but i'd like him to be given a guaranteed a 3 year contract with no strict provisos to succeed in his first season.

How wonderful it would be to go to the bridge and watch our legend bring in our youth and play sexy attacking football again. Ok dream over

4 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

I remember the old second div. Some of the best days of my life, we had one hell of an away following in those days and just to get promoted was something i'll always remember.

There''s a lot of anti Lampard for the Chelsea job, but i would love it if he does get to be our next manager. It wont happen  but i'd like him to be given a guaranteed a 3 year contract with no strict provisos to succeed in his first season.

How wonderful it would be to go to the bridge and watch our legend bring in our youth and play sexy attacking football again. Ok dream over

My thoughts entirely, or dreams, come on Frank bring the good times back, the summer break with no football seems a lot more bearable now.

7 hours ago, Dixons said:

. I want to see us win and play good football and that's what Rafa was doing.  

No he wasn't, we were certainly not playing good football under him, it was dire predictable sh*te. His subs were pathetic, swapping a full back for another full back bang on 70 minutes was his only move. 

Woke up to the news he's actually gone (near as damn it). I'd be lying if I said I was gutted as I like many was often frustrated by many things he did, the weirdly predictable subs, not giving a couple of the young players a decent chance (until after a bucket load of criticism he suddenly did), the going nowhere ponderous over playing of the ball etc. However, given that he did ultimately over achieve with what he had last season and that there is nobody to take over (other than a huge gamble of Lampard), we seem to have plunged further into self destruction. We often say that the club doesn't have a clear plan, well it sure seems to now. Everything we're doing seems very much aimed at securing 7th to 5th placed mediocrity within the next few years.

26 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Woke up to the news he's actually gone (near as damn it). I'd be lying if I said I was gutted as I like many was often frustrated by many things he did, the weirdly predictable subs, not giving a couple of the young players a decent chance (until after a bucket load of criticism he suddenly did), the going nowhere ponderous over playing of the ball etc. However, given that he did ultimately over achieve with what he had last season and that there is nobody to take over (other than a huge gamble of Lampard), we seem to have plunged further into self destruction. We often say that the club doesn't have a clear plan, well it sure seems to now. Everything we're doing seems very much aimed at securing 7th to 5th placed mediocrity within the next few years.

The lack of transparency over direction is frustrating, to the point it makes me nostalgic for Ken Bates and his programme notes- at least he attempted to keep supporters in the loop.

I think it’s the Russian way. Keep your cards close to your chest, never apologies or explain.

14 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

The one thing our non footballing board do is know finances and always make money especially on young players, our youth academy is a big revenue stream, marina f**ks up transfers like  koulibaly because she insists we get a great deal every time, this is why the sarri situation is dragging on, marina playing hardball over comp package. 

So yes financially we are run very well too well actually in the sense it impacts football success and again the players we waste money on are because we have no technical director and we don’t consult the coach we have non footballing people buying players, they sure get a good deal on crap players, we even made money on Papy D. 

This was a better worded version of the point I was trying to make... 

14 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not talking about points tally overall. I'm talking about getting top 4 from the position we were in before every other team around us lost their bollocks. We needed the 3 teams around us to put in mid table and relegation form just for us to get ahead of them. If that was any other season, we wouldn't have achieved it. The only reason we were in a position to get top 4 to begin with was because of the new manager bounce.

But the points tally overall is a crucial factor on all of this... it shows that in most seasons all teams have a wobble... that our rivals for the top 4 did so at the final hurdle is just that... you could look at it an alternative way and say that assuming the following teams had their wobble and had that run of form early in the season we would have been in 3rd anyway (with our form staying the same) and then been under huge pressure at the end as the chasing pack closed in on us. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Knowing Marina, we’ll probably end up making a profit on this deal. I presume the compensation we get for Sarri will go on releasing Lampard which probably won’t be as money. 

What do you mean with it probably won't  be as money? I can think of compensation in the form of a player, but that wouldn't allowed if our two windiw transfer ban sticks, would it? 

11 minutes ago, Valerie said:

What do you mean with it probably won't  be as money? I can think of compensation in the form of a player, but that wouldn't allowed if our two windiw transfer ban sticks, would it? 

I took that as meaning, instead of paying Derby to release Frank we would let them keep XYZ player on loan for another season/ 2 for free

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

No way we are making a profit on this.

We had to pay £9 million compensation to Conte, and then £x million to Napoli to release Sarri. By getting £5m from Juventus we probably aren't even square on the Sarri elements of the deal ... let alone factoring in the costs to get rid of Conte ...

I was skeptical about Sarri's appointment from the time it was rumoured. 

The season started with promise but soon deteriorated into woeful results and performances but thankfully a

I struggled to warm to Sarri as manager. I found his demeanor quite cold, I thought answers he gave in press conferences were often strange. 

For me personally, I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. I wasn't a fan of his tactics, team selections and so for me he leaves with a shrug of my shoulders. 

Allegri taking a year off so can't wait for the first sign of trouble to have 100x Allegri waiting in the wings to take over stories.

Good riddance.

His apologists were in full force all season long, blaming the club/the owner/Marina/the fans for not being patient and supportive enough. It was all about giving the man time to work his magic. Now, less than a year after joining the club, the moment a better opportunity comes along, he jumps ship to join Juventus. What a classy man. So he was never serious about building something at Chelsea, just like he couldn't give a rat's arse about Napoli fans' feelings on the matter, it's all PR rubbish. We were the first top club to give him a chance to prove himself at the big stage, the first to enable him to win something. The funny thing is, the members of the Sarri cult will see his exit as the club's fault, too. They'll blame it on anyone, but their precious Maurizio. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I hope you'll win nothing at Turin and get sacked before the next season's up.

7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Don't hold back @abramovich tell us how you really feel. 

He is right though; ever since we won the Europa finals he slithered to Italy and started giving soundbites to Italian media.

The cynic in me feels we were just a stop gap for him. Let’s be clear for once the board didn’t sack a manager.

7 minutes ago, ducavis said:

He is right though; ever since we won the Europa finals he slithered to Italy and started giving soundbites to Italian media.

The cynic in me feels we were just a stop gap for him. Let’s be clear for once the board didn’t sack a manager.

I actually agree with a lot of what ambramovic has posted. I was just more tickled on how brutally blunt the post was. 

I do it's evident that Sarri had no plans on being at Chelsea long term, although I'm not sure the intention was to ever have him here that long anyway. I think him being given only a 2 year contract speaks volumes. 

I think he was supposed to facilitate a change in playing style. When he failed to makes us anything bordering on entertaining I think the board were fine with letting him leave. We've let him go to Juventus without much of a fight and do we really think that one of the toughest negotiators in football, Marina Granovskaia, would let that happen if we truly wanted him to stay? 

Of course not. The appointment hasn't worked out as hoped so with a handshake and our thanks Sarri goes and for once a departing manager actually makes us money rather than costing it. 

Looks like Sir Frank Lampard will be returning to The Bridge and it will no doubt make for a much happier atmosphere around the club. It's then down to SFL to make that happiness stay. 

24 minutes ago, abramovich said:

The funny thing is, the members of the Sarri cult will see his exit as the club's fault, too.

Why does it always boil down to calling people a cult. God forbid anyone disagrees with you.

6 minutes ago, coco said:

No small task that will be.

Certainly not but he's got as good a chance as any. 

He knows the club, he knows the fans. 

We've got the transfer ban so he's probably going to need to use some academy players and the loan army to supplement the squad. 

He's likely to bring Jody Morris with him as his assistant and Jody's knowledge of the academy following his successful stint in change of them could be really valuable. 

We're not likely to retain Higuain with Sarri going and Morata is rumoured to be turning his loan to Atletico permanent. So you can bet Michy and Tammy will be reporting to pre-season eager to prove their worth. 

RLC and CHO's injuries, Hazard leaving and the rumour we're not going to sign Kovacic mean we need to bolster the attack so Mason Mount could see a surprise acceleration into the first team squad. 

And if those players, that amount of youth is going to be involved then it's only going to buy Frank some more goodwill with the fans. 

With SFL it will take nothing short of a disaster for the fans to turn against him. 

If he does get the job it's a shrewd appointment by the club because they know the fans will back him and he's exactly the diplomatic figure to front the club during a season like we're facing. 

3 hours ago, dkw said:

No he wasn't, we were certainly not playing good football under him, it was dire predictable sh*te. His subs were pathetic, swapping a full back for another full back bang on 70 minutes was his only move. 

I never said it was all good and he was doing everything right. I said there were promising signs for the future with the way he was getting Hazard, Oscar and Mata playing well together and the way he was using Luiz. I did not say the whole tram was clicking perfectly because it wasn't. You are simply not being honest or fair to say that Rafa did not get those players playing better than they had been under Robbie. They were playing some wonderful stuff and as I said, even getting plaudits from fans of other clubs, which is rare for Chelsea. 

Let's remember this was supposed to have been a transitional period when we were going to change the way we were playing be bringing in more technically gifted players. Imho we should have continued along that path of signing high quality, technically gifted players. Instead, we backtracked, we went for short term gain by bringing back Jose. Yes, we won a title but Oscar and Mata were ruined and the longterm plan went out of the window, as it always seems to do and continues to this day with yet another new manager and yet another new plan.

39 minutes ago, Stim said:

Why does it always boil down to calling people a cult. God forbid anyone disagrees with you.

Disagreeing is fine, being blindly biased isn't.