Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

20 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I was in the "please don't let us sack a manager after 12 months cult"

I saw us improving. But there were flaws. I just don't and didn't like the alternatives if he left. 

If he wants to go to Juve, then let him. But my view is that we didn't try hard enough as a club to keep him. Two managers in a row have effectively quit on the club, that's a huge concern to me. 

I can guarantee when we are 6th in February, and people are suggesting we sack lampard because he's not experienced. I'll be in the lampard in camp. 

See, these two highlighted sentences seem contradictory, if not mutually exclusive, to me. On one hand, you say if Sarri wants to leave, let him go. So you're fine with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting why it's such a big deal for him. I'd leave too, if presented with the same choice. He's worked for years from the very bottom of Italian club football to finally have a shot at working at the biggest club in the country and he may never get that chance again. This is a dream come true scenario for him.

On the other, you claim Chelsea didn't try enough to keep him. So you don't have a problem with Sarri walking out on his Chelsea 'project' after just one season because he was offered something better. OK, I can accept that view. But how is it the club's fault? What could they possibly do to keep him in this situation? Keep him against his will, even though it's clear he wants to leave? Even if it's contractually possible, why force someone to stay, if he doesn't want to be there? They can't sign new players due to the ban, that issue is beyond their control. Offer him more money? But that's not the reason he wants to leave for Juve, we both know that.

No matter how you look at it, Sarri is not a victim here. He's acting out of self-interest and the club is simply trying to get the best out of the difficult situation.

Fans calling for him to basically f**k off back to Italy at the first sign of a sticky patch, in a season which he was brought in to win, while as the same time completely changing the style of play.

He must have wondered what the hell he'd walked into. So I cannot blame him for wanting out.

No matter what is said on here. I will bet my house that if Frank takes over and we finish 6th with no trophy, there will be calls for him to go by some fans. But its not just Chelsra fans. Ole is much loved by Utd fans, but when results started to go against him, there were calls for him to go. In today's football, too many fans have next to zero patience!

4 minutes ago, Dixons said:

Fans calling for him to basically f**k off back to Italy at the first sign of a sticky patch, in a season which he was brought in to win, while as the same time completely changing the style of play.

He must have wondered what the hell he'd walked into. So I cannot blame him for wanting out.

It's never 100% one sided, Sarri didn't make things easier for the fans when he had no will to properly explain what he was doing, he was instead talking about how he doesn't see football in the way where you need to win a game, for him other things mattered more, at the time when nothing was working game after game...and stuff like that. 

Going back to Italy basically him saying to us to f**k off, because he wanted to commit to us and to change the way we play and yet as soon as another club came asking he was super fast to forget why he signed a contract, and that's not any club but Juventus which should be for him a no-go since he had left a good legacy in Naples, he is basically becoming a new Higuain, going to the biggest club and showing that he's just like the rest. So no wonder everyone that has had a relation with Napoli spoke out against Sarri going to Juventus.

I won't be alone blaming him that he went to Juventus, that's like if Pochetino was to come to us just 10 times more dramatic, Sarri already said that he somewhat sees Napoli as his ex-wife that he can't be together again but needs to continue his life somehow...

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

See, these two highlighted sentences seem contradictory, if not mutually exclusive, to me. On one hand, you say if Sarri wants to leave, let him go. So you're fine with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting why it's such a big deal for him. I'd leave too, if presented with the same choice. He's worked for years from the very bottom of Italian club football to finally have a shot at working at the biggest club in the country and he may never get that chance again. This is a dream come true scenario for him.

On the other, you claim Chelsea didn't try enough to keep him. So you don't have a problem with Sarri walking out on his Chelsea 'project' after just one season because he was offered something better. OK, I can accept that view. But how is it the club's fault? What could they possibly do to keep him in this situation? Keep him against his will, even though it's clear he wants to leave? Even if it's contractually possible, why force someone to stay, if he doesn't want to be there? They can't sign new players due to the ban, that issue is beyond their control. Offer him more money? But that's not the reason he wants to leave for Juve, we both know that.

No matter how you look at it, Sarri is not a victim here. He's acting out of self-interest and the club is simply trying to get the best out of the difficult situation.

If Sarri wanted to leave the day he joined, fair enough.

But I think he decided to leave someway through the season and I don't think the board did enough to keep him happy. Obviously on the day after the Europa League he wanted to leave and it was too late. But I wonder if there is anything the board could have done prior to him making a decision that isn't necessarily inevitable. I don't know the details and neither do you. I'm just speculating. 

I base this solely on the fact that both of our last two managers have now quit. 

I'm disappointed he's leaving. Im not painting him as a victim. I think he's one of the best managers in world football and he's decided juventus is a better job than Chelsea. It's gutting but there's also probably a reason he thinks that ...and it isn't the fans. It's the club. 

44 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It's never 100% one sided, Sarri didn't make things easier for the fans when he had no will to properly explain what he was doing, he was instead talking about how he doesn't see football in the way where you need to win a game, for him other things mattered more, at the time when nothing was working game after game...and stuff like that. 

Going back to Italy basically him saying to us to f**k off, because he wanted to commit to us and to change the way we play and yet as soon as another club came asking he was super fast to forget why he signed a contract, and that's not any club but Juventus which should be for him a no-go since he had left a good legacy in Naples, he is basically becoming a new Higuain, going to the biggest club and showing that he's just like the rest. So no wonder everyone that has had a relation with Napoli spoke out against Sarri going to Juventus.

I won't be alone blaming him that he went to Juventus, that's like if Pochetino was to come to us just 10 times more dramatic, Sarri already said that he somewhat sees Napoli as his ex-wife that he can't be together again but needs to continue his life somehow...

Oh, I agree its not 100% one sided. Without doubt Sarri made mistakes!

However, I do think a section of Chelsea supporters let themselves down this season. It is not good support to be chanting for the manager to f**k off as soon as the team starts getting some bad results. Its also totally out of order to boo your own players on  the pitch!!! I have zero time for Kovavic as a player, but I would never dream of booing him on the pitch. By all means, boo the team off after a lousy performance, but never single out a player for abuse!

9 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

The lack of transparency over direction is frustrating, to the point it makes me nostalgic for Ken Bates and his programme notes- at least he attempted to keep supporters in the loop.

I think it’s the Russian way. Keep your cards close to your chest, never apologies or explain.

When glen hoddle left for the england job

Uncle ken put in his next programme notes.

The king is dead, long live the king .

Life moves on..

I'm pretty angry he's gone to be honest, Our playstyle had tranistioned and we did better than expected in terms of league position and the Europa win.

The reality is we're now going to employ a club legend who has precious little experience with no ability to purchase players. I hope Derby don't let him go because when he gets sacked and he will in this early tenure it's going to feel wretched for everyone.

Wrong appointment at the wrong time.

38 minutes ago, magichat said:

apparently backing your current manager is called being an "apologist" and "cultist" now. the state of this fanbase

Pathetic isn't it, so if you dare post something positive or at least neutral you a cultist or apologist. Some utter cretins on here now. 

1 hour ago, Luca Vialli said:

I'm pretty angry he's gone to be honest, Our playstyle had tranistioned and we did better than expected in terms of league position and the Europa win.

The reality is we're now going to employ a club legend who has precious little experience with no ability to purchase players. I hope Derby don't let him go because when he gets sacked and he will in this early tenure it's going to feel wretched for everyone.

don't worry - Big Sam will save us from relegation

243A151200000578-0-Sam_Allardyce_enjoys_

4 hours ago, abramovich said:

If he wants to go to Juve, then let him. But my view is that we didn't try hard enough as a club to keep him. Two managers in a row have effectively quit on the club, that's a huge concern to me. 

Mutually exclusive????  It makes perfect sense, ever date someone that doesn't put much effort into things, so you decide to move on? Sarri was still getting repeated questions a month before finishing 3rd and the EL finals if he was going to be sacked. He was facing a transfer ban, losing his best player, and then a few other starters injured.  If you were in his shoes and choosing between Juve for 3 years, or a Chelsea year of trying to keep your head above water with probably minimal assurances that you'd get to stick around after it goes south and improve the squad which offer would entice you.  RA schtick of playing on fear with managers is starting to get old, just like Mourinho's of pitting on players did.

3 hours ago, Dixons said:

No matter what is said on here. I will bet my house that if Frank takes over and we finish 6th with no trophy, there will be calls for him to go by some fans. But its not just Chelsra fans. Ole is much loved by Utd fans, but when results started to go against him, there were calls for him to go. In today's football, too many fans have next to zero patience!

True but more often its the sensationalist commentators, f*ckwit pundits and cr@p media outlets that have to churn all this sh*t over to justify the fact that it takes six of them to tell us stuff that we al can see anyway. In order to keep themselves in work its these morons that over hype every situation. They create this bollox news and then hammer it over and over until it all becomes fact.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, magichat said:

apparently backing your current manager is called being an "apologist" and "cultist" now. the state of this fanbase

Why should I back the manager who doesn't want to be here anymore? I'm not a Sarri fan, I'm a Chelsea fan, first and last. Still, if it was the other way around and the club has sacked Sarri, I'd be the first to jump to his defence because it would be absolutely unfair, given the outcome of his first season, and I'd do that despite the fact that I'm still far from being convinced he's the right man for the job.

Edited by abramovich

4 hours ago, dkw said:

Pathetic isn't it, so if you dare post something positive or at least neutral you a cultist or apologist. Some utter cretins on here now. 

On the other hand, if you dare post something slightly negative or critical you are tagged a "Jonny-cum-lately" spoilt, reactionary with zero patience.

I guess we are all just a complete bunch of cults.

11 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

It seems to me that your posts can be boiled down to three categories:

1. Insults
  2. Rambling replies to posts that prove a lack of comprehension
  3. Opinions that demonstrate a narrow knowledge of football

Perhaps you'd find a more supportive audience on Twitter where those things are more prevalent.

What yours boil down to telling everyone you know “soccer” inside out then making an arse of yourself like when you were trying to be clever  schooling me in how we can’t buy players but we can, then slither off instead of having the grace to admit your error, then contradict what you say justvto start an argument when that fails try and invent a sexist narrative that has nothing to do with anything.

Maybe you would suit egg ball, I’m from west London supporting my local team pal I don’t need someone with f**k all background in football or this club telling me where I should it shouldn’t be 

15 hours ago, abramovich said:

Good riddance.

His apologists were in full force all season long, blaming the club/the owner/Marina/the fans for not being patient and supportive enough. It was all about giving the man time to work his magic. Now, less than a year after joining the club, the moment a better opportunity comes along, he jumps ship to join Juventus. What a classy man. So he was never serious about building something at Chelsea, just like he couldn't give a rat's arse about Napoli fans' feelings on the matter, it's all PR rubbish. We were the first top club to give him a chance to prove himself at the big stage, the first to enable him to win something. The funny thing is, the members of the Sarri cult will see his exit as the club's fault, too. They'll blame it on anyone, but their precious Maurizio. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I hope you'll win nothing at Turin and get sacked before the next season's up.

I dont think it’s that simple he said he didn’t have a good relationship with the hierarchy and you can’t pin that on him alone last 2 managers said the same essentially. 

What I’m interested to know is if sarri was told about the ban and how ling the club knew that was incoming..

I think that he knows we Likely wouldn’t make too 4 with a ban and he would get sacked anyway then juve come calling, I don’t think we can blame him for not wanting to stay on. 

19 hours ago, Valerie said:

That wasn't what my comment on your as per usual ill-considered opinion was about. Read what I quoted from your post.

Why don’t you take your own advice and read it  clever clogs, you quoted me saying about youth players making money, our general transfers making money and the koulibali deal falling through and I answered ever point the only bit of the 4 points you quoted I didn’t address  was why the sarri deal is dragging on but again that’s what’s reporter in the media not my “inside knowledge”. 

I know your online world is everything to you and you don’t like being challenged it hurts your ego but people do have opinions other than yours, being nasty and sarcy just show your own bitterness normal people don’t get that emotionally invested and take vendettas on football forums it’s sad, stop yourself. 

Will be interesting to see where we are in January next year. If we are struggling would be Keen to see what the reasons will be and if we are doing well the same. I just have a feeling we are going for that Jose battling relegation season I hope am wrong

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, abramovich said:

Why should I back the manager who doesn't want to be here anymore? I'm not a Sarri fan, I'm a Chelsea fan, first and last. Still, if it was the other way around and the club has sacked Sarri, I'd be the first to jump to his defence because it would be absolutely unfair, given the outcome of his first season, and I'd do that despite the fact that I'm still far from being convinced he's the right man for the job.

I'm not referring to current time when all signs point to his resignation, I'm referring to the whole of last season before the Juve saga. just because Sarri is resigning NOW, doesn't necessarily means those Sarri "cultist" were always wrong defending him LAST SEASON. they wouldn't have known that Sarri was going to resign at the end of the season, and they only did what's supposed of them (which is to support whoever at the helm). absolutely no reason to brand them as "cultist"

sorry if it doesn't make sense, english isn't my first language

9 hours ago, dkw said:

exactly my thought, thank you

Edited by magichat

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I dont think it’s that simple he said he didn’t have a good relationship with the hierarchy and you can’t pin that on him alone last 2 managers said the same essentially. 

What I’m interested to know is if sarri was told about the ban and how ling the club knew that was incoming..

I think that he knows we Likely wouldn’t make too 4 with a ban and he would get sacked anyway then juve come calling, I don’t think we can blame him for not wanting to stay on. 

Didn't he say when first arrived he doesn't care about transfers and just wants to be given time to work with players he's got? He even got some of those he asked for (Jorginho, Higuain), plus a keeper who was better suited to his tactical approach (Kepa). He isolated some important players he had no use for, and no-one said a word, either. Nothing's changed in that respect, he still got the job, and the players he's been working with will supposedly be better at Sarriball next season now that he was afforded time to implement it. Isn't that what he asked for at the beginning?

I don't blame him for wanting out, I've said that here more than once. I just wanted to point out that little fact to the fans who were defending him throughout the season, blaming everyone under the sun but Sarri for the struggles we've been going through. Now that he wants to leave, he's blameless again, it's the club's fault, they didn't support him enough, it's the fans' fault, they hurt his gentle feelings with their insensitive chanting, it's Hazard's fault for leaving, it's Shed End forum posters' fault for pointing out his flaws, etc etc. It's always something or somebody else, never him. Imagine if it was the other way around and the club sacked him after finishing 3rd and winning the EL, what an outrage it would cause here. But Sarri apparently can turn his back on the club that put their faith in him less than a year earlier and are in a difficult situation now due to their best player leaving and the transfer ban tying their hands and somehow we all have to be understanding of his intentions and once again place the blame somewhere else. All that for the sake of someone who never even bothered to endear himself to the fanbase and seemed aloof and distant even during the most positive moments of his only season in charge.

Edited by abramovich

2 hours ago, magichat said:

I'm not referring to current time when all signs point to his resignation, I'm referring to the whole of last season before the Juve saga. just because Sarri is resigning NOW, doesn't necessarily means those Sarri "cultist" were always wrong defending him LAST SEASON. they wouldn't have known that Sarri was going to resign at the end of the season, and they only did what's supposed of them (which is to support whoever at the helm). absolutely no reason to brand them as "cultist"

sorry if it doesn't make sense, english isn't my first language

exactly my thought, thank you

When I use the word 'cult' I mean only those who take Sarri's side in every argument, no matter what. Everyone is biased, but I'm making an effort to see the whole picture. I'm not happy about plenty of things the club's done in the past and I supported Sarri or gave him his due when I felt he deserved it.

13 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

So we should of plodded along with Sarri, with the fanbase split, a miserable summer to look forward to, knowing he would be on the touchline come August, most of my mates who go match days with me for the first time I can remember were having second thoughts about going so regular next season because of Sarri being there. 

Fair play to Sarri he did what was expected of him, top 4 and winning Europa, and I thank him for that, but a fantastic 45 minutes in Baku, doesn't mask the bullsh*t football we had to endure for large parts of the season.

The thought of Frank coming back has got me and my mates infigurated again for next season, can't wait to Reading away pre season. 

Met up for the deal on Monday.

Took him for a drink on Tuesday.

They were smoking fags by Wednesday.

Should have signed by Thursday and Friday and Saturday.

Still talking bollocks on Sunday.

I think the media “source” could be Craig David.

9 hours ago, just said:

On the other hand, if you dare post something slightly negative or critical you are tagged a "Jonny-cum-lately" spoilt, reactionary with zero patience.

I guess we are all just a complete bunch of cults.

I didn't see anyone have a problem with slightly negative or critical opinions.

His subbing of Barkley for Kovacic became a running joke. His tactics being one dimensional. Kept playing Jorginho even when he was really struggling. That was all fair criticism. That is very different from the out and out personal abuse which he got. Fm's calling him a fraud. A moron. A weirdo. 

Its all got a bit silly and out of hand and spread to causing friction on here between CHELSEA FANS. 

With all the bitching going on, you'd never think we finished  3rd and won a European trophy. I doubt this kind of crap would go on at other clubs after a successful season.