Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

22 minutes ago, Desailly123 said:

Ah it's nice to know you think Pellegrini is better than Klopp

btw you money argument does wash w/ Pellegrini - I am sure he won with less money at San Lorenzo - Boca Juniors & River Plate are bigger than San Lorenzo - also I like how conveniently you left Poch out of this conversation - in fact I am done with this bs - you can like Klopp all you want but know that dude will always be a bride's maid - there is some proof if you look at his record overall - then you can enjoy this bit of info

Am I the only one thinking he is being a bit dramatic with the CB situation. We have 4-5 more games left with Luiz & Christensen, which should be manageable if he somehow remembered Ampadu is a CB. However he is going on about using Azpi as a makeshift CB in training.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Desailly123 said:

Most of the reports actually claim the contrary to what you're saying, and the "well he must be lying because we don't like Sarri so the players must not like him" is pure speculation. 

It's common sense that the majority of people in life wont criticise their boss specially people working in the public eye, if you did your abit of an idiot or just a p****. So if Hazard and Luiz are praising Sarri's methods then I will take it with a pinch of salt because that's what I expect to hear and I would say the same on £150k a week.

Edited by Ernie_blue

Conte had us extremely well drilled in his first season and we played some great football but let's not act like he came in and made up a formation based on our players. He was always going to play the 3/5 at the back. It got found out though and last season we were truly awful at times. 

2 hours ago, rtwelch said:

. It got found out though and last season we were truly awful at times

I blame our midfield more than the formation. 

With Matic gone, we didn't have another CM capable of playing in a two with Kante. Bakayoko was supposed to be that guy, but he wasn't. Cesc couldn't run, and Drinkwater was... Meh... 

So we went with two half players in the midfield leaving us woefully inadequate in attack. 

Not to mention Morata coming in and not being up to snuff. 

The 5-3-2 was out of desperation, because the 5-3-2 left a Giant hole in the middle. 

But yes, it was awful to watch. I called it the 8-1-1. 5 in the back, a CDM, a CM who couldn't run, a CM who couldn't play, then Hazard and Morata taking on 4-6 players at a time. 

2 hours ago, rtwelch said:

Conte had us extremely well drilled in his first season and we played some great football but let's not act like he came in and made up a formation based on our players. He was always going to play the 3/5 at the back. It got found out though and last season we were truly awful at times. 

IMHO a few things happened with Don Antonio

• he didn't want to play youth
  • he pissed off his players, especially the Brazilian players
  • he was always moaning to the board for some over-aged Italian players

The Board said let's cut our loses & trot out Don Maurizio. Yes he was stubborn, but it seems he has adjusted a bit to the club. Is it too little too late? Only time will tell. The hourglass is almost finished with the sand.

9 hours ago, Desailly123 said:

Maurizio Sarri is a superior manager than Antonio Conte and always will be, his success at Napoli was seen as impossible with the players he had available and their recent history. Tell me, how many managers could have lost their striker who scored the record amount in Serie A, their replacement get injured and only manage 5 goals in 17 games, and STILL improve? If you want to make the argument that Conte has been more successful at Chelsea than Sarri, I'd agree. But Conte's "1 Premier League and 1 FA Cup in 2 seasons" is quite misleading although factually accurate. In reality there were a lot of circumstances that made Conte's success in his first season possible that weren't in anyway related to his managerial ability. And as we know his second season was awful, I do thank him for the memories in the first season though, it's a shame his transfer business in the summer was very poor.

Blah, blah, blah.........................meaningless blah...........................

You live in your fantasy world and go on about Sarri's "Success" at Napoli. Hopefully he WILL win a trophy this season if we lift the Europa. That will be his first but it still won't put him in the same bracket as Conte.

45 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Blah, blah, blah.........................meaningless blah...........................

You live in your fantasy world and go on about Sarri's "Success" at Napoli. Hopefully he WILL win a trophy this season if we lift the Europa. That will be his first but it still won't put him in the same bracket as Conte.

Lol I'm a "Sarrimainer" and I agree with you. Sarri needs to win the league with us first before we compare CVs.

43 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Lol I'm a "Sarrimainer" and I agree with you. Sarri needs to win the league with us first before we compare CVs.

I'm not expecting Sarri to win the league. Anyone would struggle to do that with our current squad. As long as the football improves and we are competitive and at least challenging for trophies he will have my support and I will give him more leeway.

10 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

It's common sense that the majority of people in life wont criticise their boss specially people working in the public eye, if you did your abit of an idiot or just a p****. So if Hazard and Luiz are praising Sarri's methods then I will take it with a pinch of salt because that's what I expect to hear and I would say the same on £150k a week.

The most boring meaningless headlines are “ Hazard backs Sari” etc

They are wheeled out by the press office and told what to say.

I can never understand why anyone even bothers to read all this purile throw away nonsense. You only ever find out the truth of the situation when a player retires and tells all.

24 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

The most boring meaningless headlines are “ Hazard backs Sari” etc

They are wheeled out by the press office and told what to say.

I can never understand why anyone even bothers to read all this purile throw away nonsense. You only ever find out the truth of the situation when a player retires and tells all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43110909

5 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Does Sarri's fate get decided over the next two weeks or is it already sorted regardless of results? 

I honestly think he will be staying for next season no matter what.

The possible transfer ban may play some part as if that is in effect, who would honestly want to come in and take over this squad (minus Hazard)? No, I think we're all set for at least another season of Sarri-Ball and to be fair, if we finish 4th and win the Europa, that's fair enough, but even if we do neither - he's staying!!

11 hours ago, ducavis said:

Am I the only one thinking he is being a bit dramatic with the CB situation. We have 4-5 more games left with Luiz & Christensen, which should be manageable if he somehow remembered Ampadu is a CB. However he is going on about using Azpi as a makeshift CB in training.

Ampadu has been injured. 

11 hours ago, ducavis said:

Ampadu has been injured. 

27 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Precisely. The journalists know it’s all media trained dross, the players and clubs know it’s dross, the  public know it’s dross.

Classic example is the pre World Cup press conference.

Eg Roy Hodgson will be asked if England can win.

Hodgson “ Well, it’s a very tall order, we’re a young team, but there’s no point entering a competition unless you think you have a chance”

Headlines next day “ Hodgson vows to win World Cup”

56 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I honestly think he will be staying for next season no matter what.

The possible transfer ban may play some part as if that is in effect, who would honestly want to come in and take over this squad (minus Hazard)? No, I think we're all set for at least another season of Sarri-Ball and to be fair, if we finish 4th and win the Europa, that's fair enough, but even if we do neither - he's staying!!

I think he's likely to stay unless an Italian club comes in for him. If he gets approached for the Roma job he might fancy his chances back in Italy. 

Otherwise I think he's probably going to be here next season. 

12 hours ago, ducavis said:

Spot on.

I thought it was quite interesting that the ajax manager said last year he wanted his players to watch and learn from sarri's Napoli. 

Ajax played some lovely stuff against spurs, and I cant help feel the difference between ourselves, ajax, and sarri's Napoli side, is intensity. 

We always seem very laboured, when we have the ball we move it too slowly, and when we dont have it, we dont press aggressively enough to get it back. 

I really hope we make the champions league next season, we get the ban stayed, and we bring in 4 or 5 players that can help realize the potential of a sarri side. If we can, then I think we will be a real top side again. 

5 minutes ago, big blue said:

I thought it was quite interesting that the ajax manager said last year he wanted his players to watch and learn from sarri's Napoli. 

Ajax played some lovely stuff against spurs, and I cant help feel the difference between ourselves, ajax, and sarri's Napoli side, is intensity. 

We always seem very laboured, when we have the ball we move it too slowly, and when we dont have it, we dont press aggressively enough to get it back. 

I really hope we make the champions league next season, we get the ban stayed, and we bring in 4 or 5 players that can help realize the potential of a sarri side. If we can, then I think we will be a real top side again. 

BOOM. This.

It is exactly intensity, spot on. What we see is nothing like Sarri Ball. Multiple triangles that have no direction due to no movement off the ball. Stagnant passes around the box for the same reason. Barkley, Alonso etc, needing 4 touches to get the ball under. Allowing the opposition possession with token shutting down. This is not Sarri Ball. Nothing like it.

Sucking the opposition into our own corner areas, quick one touch triangles out of pockets, bursting forward, one touch rapid passes and running off the ball and putting in the extra, killer pass in the final area (i.e. Higuaín to Hazard vs man Utd and we win) and goals, goals goals.

What we see is puerile.

13 hours ago, ducavis said:

4 games in 11 days is dangerous for players. I remember from the City documentary their sports scientist saying the players need 72 minimum to recover from a game and that's while really pushing nutrition, massages & sleep etc. We'll be fine but we just need everyone to be at peak performance.

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

Spot on.

It's not spot on because Ampadu can't play - he's out injured. We literally have 2 defenders for the last 5 games of our season. If one of those gets injured, then Azpi is a CB