coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

The funniest thing I have seen on this thread is Wallosh saying Solskjaer is a better manager than Sarri! 
Haha, I will like you to repost this at the end of next season, ok. If you don't, I will remind you myself.
Both Sarri and Solksjaer will have a full preseason with there team, and I know who will finish the season higher on the table between both of them, and I know who is more likely to get sacked next season.

The funniest thing I have seen on this thread is Wallosh saying Solskjaer is a better manager than Sarri! 
Haha, I will like you to repost this at the end of next season, ok. If you don't, I will remind you myself.
Both Sarri and Solksjaer will have a full preseason with there team, and I know who will finish the season higher on the table between both of them, and I know who is more likely to get sacked next season.

3 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Solskjear apparently wants to build his team around McTominay, if that's true he'd be lucky to make it past August.

Haven finished in the top 4 spot to secure champions league for next season, it's fair for the board to allow Sarri to keep is job till next season. This season has been a success, not because the way we played has been amazing or promising, but simply because we got the Champions league spot!
The painful truth nobody wants to hear is that, we will never achieve anything spectacular (winning the EPL, Champions League) even if Sarri stay here for 5 years and the board back him in the transfer market. He will only succeed in influencing the board to sign the Wenger-type players who will play beautiful football but won't have a killer instinct or a winning mentality. We will have to get used to getting into the Carabao cup and Fa cup final on occasions, whether we will win it is a different question. So let's enjoy the ride!

14 hours ago, Sindre said:

So did I. But i suppose the point we disagree about it that you think Sarri can get us back to that on a consistent basis and i don't. We've looked too poor for too long for me to get behind that idea.

In terms of someone new i'd argue Lampard with Morris and JT as assistants would be a good choice. They all get the club, they are all good with youth which will be important now that we face a ban and i believe that if we wanted to start building a new foundation they could do it.

If they ‘get’ the club then they’ll probably have job interviews lined up for 9 months in. 

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

Haven finished in the top 4 spot to secure champions league for next season, it's fair for the board to allow Sarri to keep is job till next season. This season has been a success, not because the way we played has been amazing or promising, but simply because we got the Champions league spot!
The painful truth nobody wants to hear is that, we will never achieve anything spectacular (winning the EPL, Champions League) even if Sarri stay here for 5 years and the board back him in the transfer market. He will only succeed in influencing the board to sign the Wenger-type players who will play beautiful football but won't have a killer instinct or a winning mentality. We will have to get used to getting into the Carabao cup and Fa cup final on occasions, whether we will win it is a different question. So let's enjoy the ride!

I see improvement in players under Sarri though, so we don't necessarily need the big splash types, we need Rudiger to continue to develop as a passer, we need Loftus Cheek to continue to improve, then Mason Mount etc.  

While many don't like it, having set roles and allowing vets to play, let's young ones learn a position well, and then slide into a team.  One system all the time makes it easier for young guys to see the guy ahead of him, then adapt.

11 hours ago, Valerie said:

I'm hoping the transfer ban will either be delayed or suspended until after this summer's wondow, so we can get a few new players in more suitable for Sarri's philosophy.

Lampard, Morris and JT are too inexperienced to guide a premiership club to the successes the board and most of the supporters impatiently demand. Just because Lampard and JT are much loved club legends, and Morris is thought of highly because of his success with the academy, doesn't mean they are suitable for the highest domestic and European level. Not yet anyway, they are still on a learning curve.

Spot on. It's ridiculous to make the claim that any of the above are ready (Jody Morris based on his academy success - are you having a fxcking laugh?? don't people realise the chasm that lies between academy / youth level football and senior level?). It's even more ridiculous to be calling for this NOW. WTF is wrong with you people? If you want to peddle this view, at least wait until an appropriate moment - a string of losses for us, say (sometimes i think that's what some of you lot want), accompanied by a Derby county surge. Right now, there are no grounds for it whatsoever. Zero.  

13 hours ago, Valerie said:

I'm hoping the transfer ban will either be delayed or suspended until after this summer's wondow, so we can get a few new players in more suitable for Sarri's philosophy.

Lampard, Morris and JT are too inexperienced to guide a premiership club to the successes the board and most of the supporters impatiently demand. Just because Lampard and JT are much loved club legends, and Morris is thought of highly because of his success with the academy, doesn't mean they are suitable for the highest domestic and European level. Not yet anyway, they are still on a learning curve.

The only "more" experience Sarri has is terms of games managed, at least with Terry and Lampard they are natural winners I'd much rather have these guys in charge, not saying that they would do any better than Sarri though, who knows.

It's been a poor season both players and manager have to take blame

Top 4 (well 3rd and 4th place) was anybody's from 4 under performing teams, we/anybody was lucky to get it, could of easily missed out.

Europa cup win is a must for a successful season for Sarri.

I’m not a massive fan of Sarri or the way he’s had us playing in all honesty. We are eye bleeding-ly bad for large spells. Some of our performances have been equally as bad as Contes second season and we’ve been on the receiving end of some embarrassing defeats. 

However, all that said. He’s got us top four, of course it’s been a battle of who wants to avoid top 4 the least to get there but we’re there and for that he deserves another season. 

I still don’t think he’s the right man to take us forward personally but he deserves a second run at it. Although I hope we keep him well clear of any transfer activity as the likes of Jorginho (the version without the headband) and more importantly Higuain and his desire to keep him for another year is worrying.

The main issue the club face is if he isn’t the right man to take us forward and we’re still playing poor football and the transfer ban is delayed until January. We’re stuck with his squad for the best part of 18 months.

8 hours ago, wallosh said:

Yeah I’ll look forward to that 😁

9 hours ago, wallosh said:

I am still convinced you are a troll.

Higuain is slow, but jorginho is a battler. Especially for someone in that role. He's been booked loads and should have been sent off. He's not some fairy. 

Neither were the Napoli team he managed. They played aggressive beautiful football, they'd kick you when you needed to be kicked. They weren't arsenal. 

Anyway, we shall see. I don't think we can challenge for the EPL without an overhaul of the club. Not when Liverpool and citeh are so well run. But we will be better than if we appointed OGS!!

1 minute ago, icecoolguy22 said:

He needs to win Europa league to win the majority of the fans over. Getting top 4 is great and credit do, but, looking at our form over the last 5 or 10, it's not what we associated with teams in the top 4. It's not Sarri's fault other teams f* up, but in normal circumstances other 3 teams would have done something right and kept us out of the top 4, at least until next weekend. People have done all kinds of match by match predictions leading up to the last half a dozen games, nobody would have predicted the other 3 teams throw it away like they did, and we just happen to be marginally better. Win the cup, shows  he's NOT just a nearly man, that will get a lot more backings from fans and the board.

In addition it will put to bed the "he hasnt won anything" tag... 

He has earned it with CL qualification AND the potential team we could develop into but if we still are still finding our way next season that'll be a different story.

2 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

Who do we think the three loan players are?

James, Mount and Zouma in my opinion.

Could be any of those three, maybe Tammy too.

7 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

If he's not intrigued by Abraham's 25 league goals for Villa this season, considering our lack of goals, then I'd be extremely surprised. 

Reese James has apparently played a blinder this season for Wigan. Considering Zappacosta looks like a championship level player we might as well replace him for someone who's literally excelled in the Championship. 

With Cahill and possibly Luiz leaving on a free at the end of the season you'd think Zouma is being considered even if it's purely as cover. I'm not convinced Zouma has the passing skills needed for playing out from the back, he's always struck me as awkward in possession but he's better than no one if the transfer ban is upheld. 

12 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

Hopefully James, Mount and Tammy.

Then should CAS refer the ban a top LB and top striker (plus a Hazard replacement if he goes hopefully Pepe) along with them three will give us a good young squad with room to grow for the two years, reckon under those circumstances we would consolidate third place at worst.

42 minutes ago, Argo said:

Then should CAS refer the ban a top LB and top striker (plus a Hazard replacement if he goes hopefully Pepe) along with them three will give us a good young squad with room to grow for the two years, reckon under those circumstances we would consolidate third place at worst.

I would assume those three too. James and Abraham are the top 2 for me. Both also in roles we need to make signings for. 

Key summer. We need to use our best youth and, if allowed, make the right signings. Question is, is Sarri the right man to use this cause if not the next one cannot sign anyone.

56 minutes ago, Argo said:

Agree with this although, we might need another 2 wingers this summer, depending on CHO, especially because I cant see both Willian and Pedro staying this summer.

If CHO doesnt sign a contract, we could find ourselves pretty short on wingers in 12 months time. Pulisic, Hazard/Pepe, and then Willian/Pedro. 

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Key summer. We need to use our best youth and, if allowed, make the right signings. Question is, is Sarri the right man to use this cause if not the next one cannot sign anyone.

Why wouldn't he, he has used youth more than any previous manager! Who else would be able to handle the pressure of managing chelsea and playing at least 3 youth players on the first team at the same time?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

So many options here: James, Mount, Zouma, Abraham, Dasilva, Tomori, heck even Pulisic could apply

Definitely hard to pick 3

Edited by mwblue10
punctuation