coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1-2 players?! We undoubtedly need a striker, a left-back, another winger, a CB. 

Does  this suggest he would not intend on selling anybody? 

14 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

Striker is one. Another midfielder is the other one. Hazard is probably out but we have Pulisic and to be fair Callum to play his place in reality. 

We can call back Tammy but for midfield really no one. I think our D-line is okay. It is not the problem. Marcos' been awful but glad we have Emerson. Azpi is okay. Rudi-Luiz is good enough. Kepa is excellent. 

Midfield trio of Ruben - Jorg - Kante is pretty good. 

Giroud is backup for our new striker if we can sign one.

Cahill,Kovacic, Higs and DD are out the door. 

I wonder if Sarri is thinking Mount to take Kovacic’s place next season.

James > Zappacosta

Mount > Kovacic

Zouma > Cahill

Abraham > Higuain

Jovic > Giroud

1 hour ago, MANoWAR said:

Sarri saying that he needs 5-6 players sounds much worse than him saying he needs 1-2. He still needs to maintain a level of confidence within his squad at face value and also not to seem as if he's desperate in the transfer window. It's typical transfer market PR really. 

I wonder if Sarri is thinking Mount to take Kovacic’s place next season.

James > Zappacosta

Mount > Kovacic

Zouma > Cahill

Abraham > Higuain

Jovic > Giroud

Win the Europa to stay. He needs it, we need it. Otherwise our season is a failure imo. We are not wenger's arsenal. The top 4 trophy only exists to them.

The club absolutely has to go big in the transfer market if we’re getting the ban delayed. We need to bring in at least 5/6 big players (with players leaving inevitably hazard, one of Willian/Pedro, maybe Alonso). Which I don’t think is that many when you take in to account the windows we’ll probably be banned for it’s only 2 players a window. I would hope the club have thought about this and Sarri is just being diplomatic as our season isn’t over and the players need to be focused for the remaining EL games.

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Win the Europa to stay. He needs it, we need it. Otherwise our season is a failure imo. We are not wenger's arsenal. The top 4 trophy only exists to them.

He got us back into the Champions League and to at least one final. Considering where we were halfway through pre-season, he's done a very good job.

On 08/05/2019 at 07:29, tmarmsi said:

The only "more" experience Sarri has is terms of games managed, at least with Terry and Lampard they are natural winners I'd much rather have these guys in charge, not saying that they would do any better than Sarri though, who knows.

It's been a poor season both players and manager have to take blame

Top 4 (well 3rd and 4th place) was anybody's from 4 under performing teams, we/anybody was lucky to get it, could of easily missed out.

Europa cup win is a must for a successful season for Sarri.

If Lampard et al. won't do better than Sarri, then what's the point? We've spent another fortune on compensation for Sarri and his staff, we have another poor season under different management. Then people scream for their heads, we get rid of them, spending a fortune on compensation.....etcetera etcetera.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

If Lampard et al. won't do better than Sarri, then what's the point? We've spent another fortune on compensation for Sarri and his staff, we have another poor season under different management. Then people scream for their heads, we get rid of them, spending a fortune on compensation.....etcetera etcetera.

You've missed read or understood, I said who knows if they would do better, meaning that they could do or not.

Without winning the Europa league it's been a poor season in which we have been embarrassed on a few occasions.

Top 4 was not an achievement it was lucky as I said any 4 teams could of got the last 2 places.

Really dont understand the support for Sarri it's not as if he has anybody playing really well.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, tmarmsi said:

You've missed read or understood, I said who knows if they would do better, meaning that they could do or not.

Without winning the Europa league it's been a poor season in which we have been embarrassed on a few occasions.

Top 4 was not an achievement it was lucky as I said any 4 teams could of got the last 2 places.

Really dont understand the support for Sarri it's not as if he has anybody playing really well.

Our current points tally is enough for top four 20 times out of the last 23 season's. Infact some season's teams that have ended up with 71 points we're in a title race heading to the business end (Spurs 15/16, Chelsea 10/11) admitedly an outside chance but still.

If we win at Leicester our final points tally would have been enough 22 times out of the last 23.

It's an absolute myth that we are lucky to be in top four, infact we would have been very unlucky to have missed out with this points tally.

Edited by Argo

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

Our current points tally is enough for top four 20 times out of the last 23 season's. Infact some season's teams that have ended up with 71 points were in a title race heading to the business end (Spurs 15/16, Chelsea 10/11) admitedly an outside chance but still.

If we win at Leicester our final points tally would have been enough 22 times out of the last 23.

It's an absolute myth that we are lucky to be in top four, infact we would have been very unlucky to have missed out with this points tally.

The desperation to make out we have somehow flunked our way to a possible 3rd place finish because everyone is garbage, even though we're 3rd in current form and our points are would see a usual top 4 finish us staggering, why are so many Chelsea wanting to constantly talk anything Chelsea related down. Its so f**king weird. 

16 minutes ago, tmarmsi said:

The "lucky" judgement that keeps regularly popping up here, is nonsense in my view. The league standings after 38 matches reflect fairly the accomplishments of all teams. Overachievement is a more accurate assessment to be used when a club finish in a high position. In view of our squad and certainly the first part of the season, I don't think we've overachieved, we've deserved 3rd or 4th spot.

When you feel Sarri has not done well, suggesting new management you're not even certain about is not a solution - whether that's Lampard or anybody else. If any club sacks their manager and hire a new one, the reason for that is that they're convinced the new one will do better. 

Apart from that, I can't say I support Sarri with every fibre of my body. He just hasn't done as bad as some say, and certainly not bad enough to get someone new in, who then has to go through the same struggles implementing another system. Vicious circle and all that.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

The desperation to make out we have somehow flunked our way to a possible 3rd place finish because everyone is garbage, even though we're 3rd in current form and our points are would see a usual top 4 finish us staggering, why are so many Chelsea wanting to constantly talk anything Chelsea related down. Its so f**king weird. 

So weird. I cannot accept that everyone else was garbage other than the top 2. What I believe is we're playing in the best and most competitive league in the world. This is the strongest the premier league has been for about 10 years. 2 teams in the champions league final and potentially 2 teams in the Europa final are evidence of that. We've 100% deserved our top 4 finish.

I'm sniffing glory hunters. We're right beside a team in the league who has made it to a CL final. Okay, we're a distance behind the leaders but, like life, there are peaks and valleys. I actually think, taking everything into account, that it is a pretty tremendous achievement to make top four this season.

23 minutes ago, dkw said:

why are so many Chelsea wanting to constantly talk anything Chelsea related down. Its so f**king weird. 

They want Sarri out so have to be negative about everything Chelsea until they get their own way.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, dkw said:

The desperation to knock Sarri for any little thing is worse. Some are constructive and credit where it's due but others use a ridiculously extreme cases of mental gymnastics to turn him into the villian.

Take Hudson Odoi for example.

At the start of the season it's "he should be atleast getting the minutes Foden does at City" soon as he can eclipses Foden's minutes it's "it's only the Europa" no doubt if he was getting the PL minutes it would be "but we don't trust him in the tournament we could win". Then he was getting the PL minutes it was "but fan pressure has forced his hand".

Heck even a full England call up which led to him being one of the youngest debutants ever on the back of the minutes he got here was used as a stick to beat him with.

I try to avoid the agenda route but on Sarri's case I have to wonder, not only with a section of our fanbase but the media in general aswell, Jenas's attempts to play down Sarri's role in RLC's development minutes after Ruben's TV interview stating how much Sarri has helped him improve was beyond laughable.

Edited by Argo

The "Bash Sarri" agenda started with Jorginho, I noticed it from the media first then fans started to pick it up. Few of us were clever enough to see it for what it was. To be fair also on my part I got frustrated with Sarri but that's wasn't media driven just his stubbornness which he changed slowly. I was 50/50 on him at one point but never sack I fully support him and I hope the band gets lifted and we

He got us to a final but f**k me we stunk the place out! Every other English team got through by playing footbal, but we somehow fall over the line backwards with the ball stuck between our legs.

Don't know if I could stomach the final with this God awful set of players!

8 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

He got us to a final but f**k me we stunk the place out! Every other English team got through by playing footbal, but we somehow fall over the line backwards with the ball stuck between our legs.

We were sh*t the year we won the Champion’s League but I don’t recall anyone complaining afterwards. ::MooNeY::

10 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

Tottenham got there by scoring in the 96th minute and Liverpool got there by losing 3-0 in the first leg. 

Yes their games were more exciting, they did something amazing in coming back, but they put themselves in that position in the first place. It wasn't because they were playing great football for 180 minutes!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

We were sh*t the year we won the Champion’s League but I don’t recall anyone complaining afterwards. ::MooNeY::

We were far from sh*t while playing against some of Europe best teams. one of them at home in the final!

Today we were playing Frankfurt ffs!

Edited by Old Shaggy

1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Tottenham got there by scoring in the 96th minute and Liverpool got there by losing 3-0 in the first leg. 

Yes their games were more exciting, they did something amazing in coming back, but they put themselves in that position in the first place. It wasn't because they were playing great football for 180 minutes!

They scored goals though! We can't score in a brothel.